Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HungDong

Bangkok

6 posts in this topic

Got a week in Bangkok (dental work) - anyone been recently..... where is best bet - I hear my old stomping ground of Nana Plaza has dramatically gone down hill - is Soi Cowboy still the best bet?

Any other suggestions where I might find my Ti Lac for the week much appreciated!

A night at Eden also beckons........ :rolleyes:

I have never rated Nana, it's too much in your face, the selection of pushy bar girls and dodgy lady-boys doesn't appeal to me.

Cowboy is still my favourite, far more fun with the girls working there seeming to enjoy themselves. I live in Bangkok, and when we have friends staying with us, we always take then there.

As to which bar, whilst they are all very different they are all owned by two people, a rich Thai guy and and Iranian chap, you just need to suck it and see, excuse the pun, and see which one takes your fancy. On my nights there I usually visit a few. It's certainly a good antidote for your dental work.

Never been to Eden, always scared of getting a bum deal :rolleyes:

I have never rated Nana, it's too much in your face, the selection of pushy bar girls and dodgy lady-boys doesn't appeal to me.

Cowboy is still my favourite, far more fun with the girls working there seeming to enjoy themselves. I live in Bangkok, and when we have friends staying with us, we always take then there.

As to which bar, whilst they are all very different they are all owned by two people, a rich Thai guy and and Iranian chap, you just need to suck it and see, excuse the pun, and see which one takes your fancy. On my nights there I usually visit a few. It's certainly a good antidote for your dental work.

Never been to Eden, always scared of getting a bum deal :rolleyes:

are you sure 2 guys own all the bars in soi cowboy?

are you sure 2 guys own all the bars in soi cowboy?

Certainly most, if not all.

In Suzie Wong there is a list of all the bars owned by the owner plastered on 1 wall.

Watch price for lady drinks in Deja Vu, this used to be a great bar with great girls but since the re fit not a good attitude and the ld's either 180 or 200baht.

Longgun and Rawhide bit more basic than the others but good.

Midnite bar (I think but I was pissed) was very busy and many girls.

This is from 2 weeks ago. To confirm other posts Nana was shit

cheers chaps.....

Eden and Cowboy here I come! Plus my regular from Annies (dirty minx that she is!)