brickie55

Flavour Of The Month

10 posts in this topic

I get intrigued watching people hurtle off to do reviews on the latest girl who is flavour of the month. If i was a WG i think i would be worried as only one way to go when novelty wears off .the first moderate review seems to be then followed by the batch of negative ones. I am not talking specific girls ,this is based on what i have seen since the very early days of Punternet.(and other sites i hasten to add)

I get intrigued watching people hurtle off to do reviews on the latest girl who is flavour of the month. If i was a WG i think i would be worried as only one way to go when novelty wears off .the first moderate review seems to be then followed by the batch of negative ones. I am not talking specific girls ,this is based on what i have seen since the very early days of Punternet.(and other sites i hasten to add)

Another point to this is and i appreciate it goes against the sharing information function of this site is what does the punter gain by doing a positive FR or is it simply a thank you to a WG. In my experience on occassion due to the WG becoming the flavour of the month she became harder to book and some put their rates up to cash in while they could. Good business sense to do so in my opinion so i understand the reason from her point of view but there is also an argument that by doing a FR a punter could be cutting his own throat as it were. :)

Edited by smiths

I have always asked before posing a FR and I do it to help the WG attract the right sort of punter. Am I over optimistic?

I have always asked before posing a FR and I do it to help the WG attract the right sort of punter. Am I over optimistic?

Two WGs i punted with when i was doing FRs asked me not to do FRs on them as they didnt want anymore weirdos off Pnet contacting them, others held the opposite view. :)

As someone who has been there back in my early days I can tell you it certainly isn't easy.

It can get quite daunting having to live up to a reputation and very nerve wracking when you know the client is a prolific poster or reviewer on here.

It's hard to stay grounded and balance the amount of work you can pull in without either becoming jaded or working yourself to exhaustion.

I couldn't work how I did back then these days, I'd be worn out within a month lol.

I think I might have fallen into that category. A quick count tells me that 27 reports were written about me from June to December, 2010. That's half a year!

Nowadays all of my reviews come either from the "other site" as I don't have an independent webpage, or are written directly onto my new agency's website. Which are all still positive. I haven't noticed a downhill slide happen any of the girls I know either... Why is it that you think most girls have a shelf life?

Snap Smiths . Had girl say that to me on more than one occasion .

I usually ask a WG at the end of a memorable punt whether she wants a FR and most of the time they are happy for me to do one but often have caveats about services they have provided which they don't want to become common knowledge lest too many weirdos start appearing at their door!

Sometimes I am reluctant to report on someone whose company I have particularly enjoyed though as I don't want to risk them getting so busy that I can't get to see them again :unsure:

Two WGs i punted with when i was doing FRs asked me not to do FRs on them as they didnt want anymore weirdos off Pnet contacting them, others held the opposite view. :)

I wrote a PNFR earlier this year for a girl who had happily worked ooop north for years and had masses of feedback and FRs on the other site. It was her first PNFR. After a fortnight, she asked Galahad to go on the no reports list as she was fed up with the awful/timewasting calls she was getting since my PNFR went up. Lots of other ladies swear they get a better type of punter from here compared to **. Go figure !