Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ace ventura punt detective

Riots Ruined My Tuesday Punt

18 posts in this topic

I had found the perfect WG profile last wk,pics services and price perfect...was going to pay a visit today,but I've had to postpone punt due to riots happening in that particular WG's next of the woods.

Bloody kids!!!! :angry:

Edited by Ace ventura punt detective

I had found the perfect WG profile last wk,pics services and price perfect...was going to pay a visit today,but I've had to postpone punt due to riots happening in that particular WG's next of the woods.

...But as Arnie once said...,"I'll be back"

Certainly didn't ruin mine. Stunning girl, lovely punt. I'll be back.

Boo feckin` Hoo.....

Homes, lives, cars and businesses were ruined, stop thinking with your dick and think of others?? :angry:

Ha Ha there are more important things in life than an hours punt just think you saved some money!

Next? Has that been set on fire too? Heh

Think of us poor girls ! We're going to end up in the poor house if these Apes don't stop burning their own cities and let us get on with our work. . I wouldn't dream of travelling to any city centre in the present climate. Hence sitting bored and posting rhubarb rather than dining at the Lowry this evening :-(

Oh yes! Does it for me!

Seriously, though - thee are some very good photos on that page.

i did see a wg on monday night in northwest london, it was a big risk really which i shouldn't have taken

My partying on Monday night was spoiled a bit by Pam having to close about half an hour early so the customers and girls could get home as there were rumours that the tubes were closing down.

Fortunately I had had the pleasure of 2 lovely ladies so I could not complain too much.

I hope things settle down while I am away up north for a few days.

davidgood

I hope things settle down while I am away up north for a few days.

davidgood

Judging from last night's action, you may be heading off in the wrong direction. :(

Take a look at these pictures and tell me if you still have an erection.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/london_riots.html

No, my erection has definately disappeared. Mind you that one on the right has a rather nice arse!

On a serious note... how long can this go on for? For once in my life, I am not feeling proud of being British.

So sad, so disruptive and so disappointing!

Take a look at these pictures and tell me if you still have an erection.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/london_riots.html

Thank's,but I did'nt mean to belttle what's going on in the UK,just that this site is about punting and that's what happend to my last punt and I've had a few things ruin a punt but never a riot so I thought I'd mention it and see others thoughts or experiances :-)

Thank's,but I did'nt mean to belttle what's going on in the UK,just that this site is about punting and that's what happend to my last punt and I've had a few things ruin a punt but never a riot so I thought I'd mention it and see others thoughts or experiances :-)

Well AVPD, if no-one else sympathises, I at least understand the sentiment behind your OP. I had a similar sense of wonderment at a punt of mine having to be cancelled last year due to the volcanic ash cloud. It sure beats the usual tired excuses.

Doesn't detract from the overall magnitude of the last few nights events though. Claire, they were a fantastic set of photos. Thanks for posting them. The one of the 89 year old guy surveying the damage to his barber shop was heartbreaking.

My 1st instinct to the title is this: Be thankful that you're alive and you weren't the 3 people mowed down by a car, you weren't shot in croydon and you weren't shot by armed police for no reason. Be thankful your house wasn't burned down, your business wasn't destroyed and that you're still alive to moan about missing one punt in your life. Be thankful you weren't mugged or assaulted.

Get over it. I share about 0.4% sympathy with you.

I was staying in Manchester last week and had a punt planned for 19.00 on Tuesday evening. About 6 O'clock a police helicopter started circling round and then lots of sirens could be heard. The girl turned up OK and a nice couple of hours followed. About 15 minutes after she left I got a text "It's all kicking off out here, police and rioters every where". Fortunately she didn't get too caught up in it and got home OK. What was very heartwarming was the public opinion in Manchester to what had happened and the outrage against the trashing of their city, and seeing all people the next day with brooms and sacks clearing up.

I had another punt planned for Thursday evening, that girl texted and said I'm having "car trouble" and don't think I can make it. I don't really blame her cancelling, not a problem and there's always plenty of alernatives in Manchester.

You could contact plod and put a claim in under the Riot Act. Cameron says anyone affected by it can claim compo. :rolleyes: