Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sarah Summers

A Fair Question

25 posts in this topic

I enjoy having a tan. It makes me feel great and I look healthy. I don't like all the faffing around with the fake tan stuff though... it makes the bed sheets dirty, the towels stained, and for what it is worth, it does not last long enough.. but I still do it if I am attending a wedding or a function ( whattt?)

Okay.. I do not attend functions, but it sounded good :)

I recently returned from a summer holiday where I did acquire a tan of sorts. Other people in my group of friends sunbathed seriously for up to five hours per day. One lady was burnished brown - she looked like David Dickinson (bless him) by the time the holiday was over - truly overdone and reminiscent of a mahogany hatstand..:)

I was astonished at her foolishness given what we know about skin cancer, but I have to admit to one - only one though... visit to a sunbed place where I had six minutes to keep the tan going for a bit longer. I won't be going again because it is just plain daft risking my health for a tan.

Today I saw thisMy link and it was a stark reminder that the sun can damage your health.

So my question is to the guys... do you like your ladies to be tanned, and to the ladies, do you feel you have to maintain a tan for work? Who is pressured by whom here?

LOL

Don't know why the link did not work. I am not very good at this sort of thing - here is the link again..

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/miracle-tanning-cream-which-claims-to-triple-the-power-of-the-sun-is-a-hoax-by-skin-cancer-charity.htm

Edited by Sarah Summers

I personally can't stand a fake tan, I would rather see a naturally pale girl any day of the week.

I enjoy having a tan. It makes me feel great and I look healthy. I don't like all the faffing around with the fake tan stuff though... it makes the bed sheets dirty, the towels stained, and for what it is worth, it does not last long enough.. but I still do it if I am attending a wedding or a function ( whattt?)

I recently returned from a summer holiday where I did acquire a tan of sorts. Other people in my group of friends sunbathed seriously for up to five hours per day. One lady was burnished brown - she looked like David Dickinson (bless him) by the time the holiday was over - truly overdone and reminiscent of a mahogany hatstand..:)

I was astonished at her foolishness given what we know about skin cancer, but I have to admit to one - only one though... visit to a sunbed place where I had six minutes to keep the tan going for a bit longer. I won't be going again because it is just plain daft risking my health for a tan.

Today I saw thisMy link and it was a stark reminder that the sun can damage your health.

So my question is to the guys... do you like your ladies to be tanned, and to the ladies, do you feel you have to maintain a tan for work? Who is pressured by whom here?

LOL

I like both tanned and non tanned to be honest, the contrast between the two is ideal for me. I do find the pale goth look sexy. Sadly i am not as lucky as you as i cannot get a tan or indeed be in direct sunlight without using factor 50 block due to a medical condition so enjoy the sun while you can is my advice to all but of course use lotion. :)

LOL

Don't know why the link did not work. I am not very good at this sort of thing - here is the link again..

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/miracle-tanning-cream-which-claims-to-triple-the-power-of-the-sun-is-a-hoax-by-skin-cancer-charity.htm

Why would girls feel under pressure to have a tan? Two of my solid regular girls (My Secret Life and Anabel Harvey) are English roses with fair skin, and that's lovely. Surely you go to a particular girl because of the good time you have with her, the fact that you like her etc etc, not because she's tanned? I mean, moody girl, bored indifferent servic, clock watcher, but, boy, what a tan!! :blink:

Why would girls feel under pressure to have a tan? Two of my solid regular girls (My Secret Life and Anabel Harvey) are English roses with fair skin, and that's lovely. Surely you go to a particular girl because of the good time you have with her, the fact that you like her etc etc, not because she's tanned? I mean, moody girl, bored indifferent servic, clock watcher, but, boy, what a tan!! :blink:

I suppose in the same way they feel pressured to get their nails/hair done, and anything else they feel is necessary for the job in hand!

Tanned women i find very sexy. To me it indicates that she takes great pride in looking after her appearance, and if she takes such pride in her appearance she is more than likely a very fit and healthy person.

A quality WG like that is rewarded for it by higher hourly rates, its not all based on how good she is in the bedroom department and how she presents herself on the surface with erotic clothing.

No to fake tanning solutions, its just horrible id rather see a girl with bad achne.

I can understand a ladies wish to have her hair and nails done, as well as her make up but I don't think a tan is as essential as those.

Whenever someone mentions fake tan to me I get the image of a lady with orange skin, fake inch long nails, platinum hair extensions and eyelashes that cause a draft when she blinks. I guess it's my little prejudice, but I like my girls with a more Renascence look, pale skin, a few extra pounds and in olde worlde clothing.

Tanned women i find very sexy. To me it indicates that she takes great pride in looking after her appearance, and if she takes such pride in her appearance she is more than likely a very fit and healthy person.

A quality WG like that is rewarded for it by higher hourly rates, its not all based on how good she is in the bedroom department and how she presents herself on the surface with erotic clothing.

No to fake tanning solutions, its just horrible id rather see a girl with bad achne.

But having a (real) tan doesn't mean she's fit and healthy, it just means she's damaged her skin.

I speak from experience. In my - ahem - younger years I spent many an hour trying to acquire a tan by any means possible. It took a certain amount of maturity (not to mention many lobster-esque experiences :blink: ) to finally accept myself for what I am. I am very pale-skinned and just meant to be that way. I still envy girls with olive skins, but I'll never look like that - I might as well try and change my height!

So, in recent years, I have done away with the sunbeds and fake tans and embraced the fact that I am an English rose (with a bit of Scottish and Irish thrown in). And do you know what? It's not at all bad.

But having a (real) tan doesn't mean she's fit and healthy, it just means she's damaged her skin.

I speak from experience. In my - ahem - younger years I spent many an hour trying to acquire a tan by any means possible. It took a certain amount of maturity (not to mention many lobster-esque experiences :blink: ) to finally accept myself for what I am. I am very pale-skinned and just meant to be that way. I still envy girls with olive skins, but I'll never look like that - I might as well try and change my height!

So, in recent years, I have done away with the sunbeds and fake tans and embraced the fact that I am an English rose (with a bit of Scottish and Irish thrown in). And do you know what? It's not at all bad.

Amen to that. Nowt wrong with pale skin and freckles. :D

I do like natural tans, none this bloody spray stuff. I'm quite dark and tan quickly although recently when laying in the sun people have tried to harpoon me. :(

I like both tanned and non tanned to be honest, the contrast between the two is ideal for me. I do find the pale goth look sexy. Sadly i am not as lucky as you as i cannot get a tan or indeed be in direct sunlight without using factor 50 block due to a medical condition so enjoy the sun while you can is my advice to all but of course use lotion. :)

Smiths

When I was fairly new to this I was asked many times if I had a tan, 'toned and tanned' is a phrase oft seen on websites - most frequently parlour sites. It appears to be the fashionable definition of an attractive WG. I used to get slightly annoyed having to explain to people that anyone with my colouring will never have a tan. I once tried getting a natural tan, albeit with sunbed and gave up because it was too much like hard work. Being sporty I do however apply fake tan, but even then I still cannot acheive a dark colour - which to be honest would just look so wrong on me anyway. Like you I use sunscreen religiously, and I put my youthful appearance down to avoiding sunbathing.

Sarah

I'm a bit of a dab hand with fakes and if you find the right one for you, you won't have to suffer for it. I have used most self-tans around and am currently trying out Avon's Magic Tan. It smells very yummy and doesn't have that chemically aroma, it's also non-greasy too. Regards stained sheets, application of self-tan and it being very cold winter are the only reasons I wear pajamas in bed, and beige towels/bedding avoids spoiling white ones. Always remember to wash your hands at least twice after using.

Edited by Strawberry

As a natural redhead, I have pale, sensitive skin that will never tan. I tried. Several times in my teens and 20s. I used sunbeds and spent most of my time on holiday sunbathing with a very low factor cream. All that happened is that I got more freckles, went red, peeled and went back to white again. I have learned now to protect my skin and not sit out in the sun too long. I went through a phase of having spray tans done but more recently I only use a moisturiser that has a hint of a tan so just to take the white away. I am trying to embrace my paleness lol! Is it just that women think men find them more attractive with a tan or do men actually find women more attractive with a tan?

Don't mind either way.I'm just pleased to see her.But i really do want to see an ebony lady, its on my to see list.

I'm naturally fairly pale and burn in the sun if I don't slather on the lotion, not to mention getting sun stroke! I might get a bit of natural colour in the summer but nothing radical. To be honest I really can't be arsed to do the fake tan thing. I think I'd look ludicrous if I suddenly changed colour anyway and I have enough to do on top of hair removal, eye brow tinting, exfoliation, moisturing (different ones for face, body, hands and feet), keeping hair well cut and conditioned and nails nice and polished!

I think all the orange women you see round these days look terrible, very off putting, they look like they're made out of plasticine.

Edited by mike52

sitting as we speak turning a startling shade of orange as I have a holiday coming up in a few weeks so need to practice my fakey lol.

I dont tan, i burn then peel again, the best i get is a slight dishwater with a cup of coffee emptied into it colour which believe me isnt that attractive as far as tans go so I am going orange and I dont care who likes it or doesnt like it. It is not to attract men, it is to stop ME getting harpooned on the beach lol...rather draw a crowd for being a jiggling orange than a beached sea creature.

i dont wear fake tan as a matter of course in this country, the light shows up the bits you miss but in the glare of 35 degree heat no one will notice as they will be too busy wiping suntan lotion out of their eyes and worrying if we can see THEIR fake tan streaks lol.

sitting as we speak turning a startling shade of orange as I have a holiday coming up in a few weeks so need to practice my fakey lol.

I dont tan, i burn then peel again, the best i get is a slight dishwater with a cup of coffee emptied into it colour which believe me isnt that attractive as far as tans go so I am going orange and I dont care who likes it or doesnt like it. It is not to attract men, it is to stop ME getting harpooned on the beach lol...rather draw a crowd for being a jiggling orange than a beached sea creature.

i dont wear fake tan as a matter of course in this country, the light shows up the bits you miss but in the glare of 35 degree heat no one will notice as they will be too busy wiping suntan lotion out of their eyes and worrying if we can see THEIR fake tan streaks lol.

High fives Chloe for fakery!

I don't wear it either as a matter of course, but like you I applied it before I went on holiday since I was sheet white, and by the time it washed off, I had started to develop my own tan....

I went to a wedding in June where all the ladies there were tanned in varying degrees of light tan to full blown orange........ I noticed that every one of us was wearing lovely shoes, but also that was where the tan seemed to let every one of us down, because it looked patchy around the feet :)

Have a brilliant holiday. I am ready for another one now, but not a beachy one. I've never been to Venice and feel the urge for culture

A tan for me is totally inconsequential. Don't care either way, but far from thinking it's a sign of a girl taking care of herself, I think it's a sign of spending a lot of time in strong sunlight - maybe too much for her own good. If they have blue eyes, I like the contrast, but otherwise I'd rather see porcelain skin. Why do people make jokes about Nicola Roberts - she looks great!

And orange is a total no-no.

Tanning just ages you more quickly, something you would have thought ladies in this industry would want to avoid. Particularly the reddened "chicken skin" appearance over the chest and cleavage you see on so many more mature women.

One of my regulars is 50 years old (confessed her real age to me), and looks younger. She's a natural blonde with pale skin, never tans, and her skin still looks pretty youthful, all over :-)

I have exactly the opposite problem ha! I love having milky-white skin but because a lot of my fam hails from Scandinavia I tan ridiculously easily, to that extent that unless I use Factor 50+ whenever I spend time in the sun I end up browning faster than a poptart in a toaster.

Went away to Asia/North Africa fairly recently and my tan lines are still as prominent now as they were right before I left. Grrblargh! It took almost a decade of staying clear of the sun to get my complexion as pale as it was before I did some globe-trotting and now it's ruiiiiined! Crycrycry :(

Want to trade skin? :D

I have exactly the opposite problem ha! I love having milky-white skin but because a lot of my fam hails from Scandinavia I tan ridiculously easily, to that extent that unless I use Factor 50+ whenever I spend time in the sun I end up browning faster than a poptart in a toaster.

Went away to Asia/North Africa fairly recently and my tan lines are still as prominent now as they were right before I left. Grrblargh! It took almost a decade of staying clear of the sun to get my complexion as pale as it was before I did some globe-trotting and now it's ruiiiiined! Crycrycry :(

It tends to turn temporarily red in any case <_<

You wouldnt want my skin trust me. :)

LOL

Personally I don't like fake tan on ladies at all. Pale is cool and a natural tan is also cool with me. Bottled stuff is horrid and there is a heavy risk of long term damage with artificially altering skin colour.

I know it'll break your heart but this means I won't be shagging you in the near future, maybe watching and listening to this will help you cope with the fact:

As I've said many times before, I love variety. So one week, it's a fair skinned brunette, next week it's a tanned (often fake) blonde, the following a pale and interesting redhead.

I love this game and for every body type, there's a punter to match. So whatever makes you feel comfortable, go for it.