Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LouisaPSUk

Emergency Punter... X

25 posts in this topic

Every Thursday, I work voluntary at a day centre with young people who have dementia... anyways cut a long story short, one of the members had a rather funny turn last Thursday and the paramedics were called. They decided she needed a visit to the hospital and as the lady relates to me best, it was decided I should go along with her until her partner could come.

So I got in the ambulance with her and the paramedics who were fantastic made sure she was safe and comfortable in the back. When they were done, one said to me "Can I ask you something?"

"Fire away!" I responded

"I think I've been looking at your website lately" I smiled, he smiled and then said "Can I take your number and give you a call?"

Of course it would have been rude not too!! and I now have a new client :)

just hope he doesnt turn up at yours in an ambulance with sirens and blue lights!

just hope he doesnt turn up at yours in an ambulance with sirens and blue lights!

:) or get Body-Body mixed up with Mouth-Mouth ;)

Or even worse departs in one ;)

Just be sure you dont end up putting him in an ambulance to A&E!

I'm full of admiration for the voluntary work you do with such deserving and difficult people. Well done to you!

I'm full of admiration for the voluntary work you do with such deserving and difficult people. Well done to you!

I'll second that x

I'll second that x

Funny but I've noticed a few WGs I've known have done voluntary work, (non sexual).

What exactly will the feminazis make of a "prostituted woman" doing voluntary work?

I'll second that x

And Thirded!

A condition still so "unfashionable" & stigmatised - affecting 430,000 people ( & a thousand young adult deaths annually from Sudep - Sudden Unexpected Death from Epilepsy) & yet so little understood/accepted by society.

Sorry!, that's my awareness campaign on these boards over!

Well done Louisa

"I think I've been looking at your website lately" I smiled, he smiled and then said "Can I take your number and give you a call?"

Ha ha brilliant!!! One of my reg's is a paramedic and has occasionally arrived after work in his full kit, I always hope that my neighbours don't see! Absolutely brilliant on the volunteer work! :)

Every Thursday, I work voluntary at a day centre with young people who have dementia... anyways cut a long story short, one of the members had a rather funny turn last Thursday and the paramedics were called. They decided she needed a visit to the hospital and as the lady relates to me best, it was decided I should go along with her until her partner could come.

So I got in the ambulance with her and the paramedics who were fantastic made sure she was safe and comfortable in the back. When they were done, one said to me "Can I ask you something?"

"Fire away!" I responded

I like nearly everything about this post (exception being the person that needed to go hospital, hope she's ok)

Glad it worked out well for the bloke though, could have been difficult if you weren't the girl from the site!

A high percentage of care workers and/or nurses seem to wotk in this industry in my experience. Ideas as to why?

Thank you all for such lovely messages, which I wasn't expecting.

The youngest member of our group who has dementia, is only 3 years older than myself.

Saying that, we always have a lovely day, with lots of laughter, we do quizzes and play music. Most weeks we will visit somewhere or go for a pub lunch. Next month we are going to the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood, which has always been my favourite museum.

When I leave the place where we meet, at 4pm each Thursday, I am so full of gratitude. Meeting these people, put my worries into perspective. I learn so much from all of them. :)

ps I just want to add, the lady who had the turn is now fine and dandy...

Edited by LouisaPSUk

And Thirded!

A condition still so "unfashionable" & stigmatised - affecting 430,000 people ( & a thousand young adult deaths annually from Sudep - Sudden Unexpected Death from Epilepsy) & yet so little understood/accepted by society.

I think the saying is something like "if you have cancer, people cry and give you a hug, if you have a major mental health issue, they cross the road." :(

Thank you all for such lovely messages, which I wasn't expecting.

The youngest member of our group who has dementia, is only 3 years older than myself.

Saying that, we always have a lovely day, with lots of laughter, we do quizzes and play music. Most weeks we will visit somewhere or go for a pub lunch. Next month we are going to the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood, which has always been my favourite museum.

When I leave the place where we meet, at 4pm each Thursday, I am so full of gratitude. Meeting these people, put my worries into perspective. I learn so much from all of them. :)

ps I just want to add, the lady who had the turn is now fine and dandy...

I have several close family members who have had major mental health issues such as Alzheimers, schizophrenia and severe bi-polar disorder so I think there's a good chance I will have something similar when I am older. I just hope I have someone as lovely as Louisa to look after me! :)

"Fire away!" I responded

Ha! :lol: Love it.

A high percentage of care workers and/or nurses seem to wotk in this industry in my experience. Ideas as to why?

Yes, I think that's true. Maybe it's because as a care worker or a nurse you get 'personal' with people, just as WGs do? I mean, don't get me wrong, I've never helped anyone to the toilet or cleaned up sick (apart from for my kids!), but as a WG we have to be happy being intimate with people's naked bodies, not to mention their nether regions.

I think there is a correlation with being a "carer" and a WG. Both deal with people who are vulnerable at some point in their lives. It's too late tonight to go into it but maybe in a day or two I will try to expand.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about punters who can be called up by WG's at short notice during slack periods!

I guess this could work quite well if a discount was offered.

WG's could use Twitter or SMS to send coded messages similar to what happened on D-Day (see The Longest Day film).

I would be thrilled to receive messages such as "Jean has a long mustache" or "There is a fire at the insurance agency" to indicate that a girl is available and eager for custom :-)

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about punters who can be called up by WG's at short notice during slack periods!

WG's could use Twitter or SMS to send coded messages similar to what happened on D-Day (see The Longest Day film).

I would be thrilled to receive messages such as "Jean has a long mustache" or "There is a fire at the insurance agency" to indicate that a girl is available and eager for custom :-)

:D I like that one!

But Louisa you have caused me to feel guilty. I have intended to do a particular type of voluntary work for two years

now and not done a thing about it. Shame on me.... I have the time.

Well done you though!

That is a very bad idea, no professional WG would text clients out of the blue. And if they are professional, they won't have slack periods! :P

Edited by LouisaPSUk

:D I like that one!

But Louisa you have caused me to feel guilty. I have intended to do a particular type of voluntary work for two years

now and not done a thing about it. Shame on me.... I have the time.

Well done you though!

Adele, can't believe you liked that one! :D

Don't feel guilty, but I assure you, if you do start voluntary work, it is the most rewarding job you could do.

Thank you :)

Adele, can't believe you liked that one! :D

Don't feel guilty, but I assure you, if you do start voluntary work, it is the most rewarding job you could do.

Thank you :)

It was mostly the highlighted bits I liked and I think the writer was just joking :)

Nice one Louisa. Frontline emergency service is an incredibly stressful role and it's reassuring to know that he's also in very safe hands.