tompunt1

Ten Years Time

25 posts in this topic

This question is for both the Wgs and the punters. In what way would you like to see the paid sex industry in the UK change in the next ten years?

I would like to see brothels become legal.

The law stamping out the illegal trafficking of young women into Britain (or indeed, anywhere).

I think technology, especially social networking, is opening up new ways for wgs to communicate with their clients, although I think some of the them are already here but are not being properly exploited.

What do you think?

I think legal brothels where the ladies are safe and pay tax can only be a good thing. But what politician Is going to vote for It?

This question is for both the Wgs and the punters. In what way would you like to see the paid sex industry in the UK change in the next ten years?

I would like to see brothels become legal.

The law stamping out the illegal trafficking of young women into Britain (or indeed, anywhere).

I think technology, especially social networking, is opening up new ways for wgs to communicate with their clients, although I think some of the them are already here but are not being properly exploited.

What do you think?

I would certainly like to see brothels legalised both for WGs safety and it being hopefully definite that no trafficked or coerced WGs worked in them making punters going to brothels in no way a legally risky practice.

I also agree regarding trafficked WGs and include coerced.

I would love to see FKK type clubs over here with multitudes of WGs working out of them and sites that WGs advertise on to be very much more pro-active in getting rid of fakes, scammers and rip-off merchants.

I cant see any of these things happening in the next 10 years though sadly. :)

Whilst I can understand the arguments for legalizing brothels there is a very selfish part of me that would not like to see that happen. I have this paranoia that if they legalize brothels they'll come down harder on indies which will lead to less indies. I appreciate that hasn't happened in other countries necessarily but in this country for parliament to concede the legalization of brothels they will have to come down hard on punters who do not want to visit brothels and indie girls. I prefer to punt with indies any day of the week.

Personally I'd be happy to see the opposition to web sites like this which allow WG to advertise/ be rated never appear again, prostitution to become more popular (as a job for girls as well as more punters) and the feminists to go away. Personally, I think the opposite will happen (apart from there being more punters).

Whilst I can understand the arguments for legalizing brothels there is a very selfish part of me that would not like to see that happen. I have this paranoia that if they legalize brothels they'll come down harder on indies which will lead to less indies. I appreciate that hasn't happened in other countries necessarily but in this country for parliament to concede the legalization of brothels they will have to come down hard on punters who do not want to visit brothels and indie girls. I prefer to punt with indies any day of the week.

Personally I'd be happy to see the opposition to web sites like this which allow WG to advertise/ be rated never appear again, prostitution to become more popular (as a job for girls as well as more punters) and the feminists to go away. Personally, I think the opposite will happen (apart from there being more punters).

Even If brothels were to be legalised, why would that make them crack down on indies? In other countries where they have legalised this hasn't been the case afaik.

For those girls who work the streets, and those punters who frequent them, a safe zone in each city. Brothels are more or less legal in Edinburgh, so not bothered by that. As the business becomes more or less accepted, prices dropping. That will happen. The next generation of punters is not going to pay the silly money that their fathers and grandfathers paid.

I dont think legalizing brothels would affect Indies who if working alone with no other WG ever working out of the same premises arent breaking the law as it stands, so if brothels were legalized i dont see the government who legalized them also making a new law making Indies working alone illegal. I am not including breaking the law by not paying tax or breaching tenancy or mortgage agreements which may or may not happen and which as it doesnt affect the punt i dont care about.

The opposition to this site by Harriet Harridan had the net result of many new members joining and some posting it was how they heard about Pnet so that shows what the effect actually was. I certainly hope such an assault by government never happens again.

The more good WGs the better in my book and if only the rad-fems would take the position they know is the truth, many WGs CHOOSE out of free will and as a business decision to become WGs. Thats as likely as me winning the Mr Handsome contest. :)

The British style of parlour has no attractions for me ( but I did have fun in den Hague earlier this year!). I would like to see the law get out of the bedroom generally and for the uncertainty that the current definitions of a "brothel" create for both wgs and client.

My suspicion is that "legalisation" and regulation will just be another form of control and certainly any form of registration would make it harder for women to quietly vanish away from the industry when they have achieved their purpose.

The British style of parlour has no attractions for me ( but I did have fun in den Hague earlier this year!). I would like to see the law get out of the bedroom generally and for the uncertainty that the current definitions of a "brothel" create for both wgs and client.

My suspicion is that "legalisation" and regulation will just be another form of control and certainly any form of registration would make it harder for women to quietly vanish away from the industry when they have achieved their purpose.

The law should certainly get out the bedroom in regards consentual punting, concentrating on trafficked and coerced victims in my view. I think the law is clear as to the definition of what constitutes a brothel, the point is dependent on the local police in any given area many are allowed to operate despite clearly being illegal, which as i frequent brothels is better than following the letter of the law for me. The cynical view that at least some police let brothels operate for sometime then raid them to seize under POCA is a view that has a logic to me.

I completely agree legalisation and regulation would be a form of control, i have no doubt the government would want there cut either, be it in the cost of licenses or registration where WGs would have to pay a fee to be able to work. Vanishing away would be a lot harder than it is now in my opinion. However it would hopefully be safer for WGs and punters would be able to punt without fear or concern of being arrested for punting with trafficked or coerced WGs as none would be working in brothels, ideally.:)

Edited by smiths

WGs who say they are 24 now say 34 then :D

For those girls who work the streets, and those punters who frequent them, a safe zone in each city. Brothels are more or less legal in Edinburgh, so not bothered by that. As the business becomes more or less accepted, prices dropping. That will happen. The next generation of punters is not going to pay the silly money that their fathers and grandfathers paid.

Agreed. Formally ignoring them (as has long been the case with Edinburgh brothels) is maybe better than bringing in big laws. Big laws can mean heavy taxes and big business domination. (Not much chance of a cheap sh*g in Switzerland or Australia!) The Edinburgh situation could be given greater formal recognition within the law (yes, the law is sophisticated enough to do that) and the principle spread to other parts of the UK. Safe zones in industrial areas for SWs. Continued improvement of the purple site to minimise or get rid of fakes (the new mobile version's worth checking if you like that place). Improvement of Vivastreet so prices and other standard info always shown. General relaxation so that warmth between punters and WGs more easily becomes the norm throughout the industry at all levels. Greater respectability to allow more young women to make a competent free choice and maybe enter the profession for a short time without fear of social retribution, and The openness that puts security and private pleasure first rather than playing games to tick legal boxes or try to avoid dangerous punters/WGs. Dislocation of the industry from organised crime and easier and more open cooperation of punters and WGs fighting it. £50 an hour. Always nice to wish . . . ;-)

I am not so sure about the less Indi statement, as those that prefer to see Indies will continue to do so, those that prefer brothels will continue to do so.

If they follow the NZ model there will be less services on offer, (in NZ you can be fined for giving/receiving oral without)there will be no BB girls openly advertising, no OWO, no CIM

I see prices going up not down as employment contracts will be given to the girls in parlours, I would imagine most will be classed as contractors rather than on PAYE but they are in the system and liable for tax, parlours will be licensed and registered and regularly checked to see that the new laws are adhered to. Licensing will bring attention from the VAT man and they will be able to be audited like any other business. Prices will go up to cover these extra costs.

Edited by SabrinaYork

I am not so sure about the less Indi statement, as those that prefer to see Indies will continue to do so, those that prefer brothels will continue to do so.

If they follow the NZ model there will be less services on offer, (in NZ you can be fined for giving/receiving oral without)there will be no BB girls openly advertising, no OWO, no CIM

I see prices going up not down as employment contracts will be given to the girls in parlours, I would imagine most will be classed as contractors rather than on PAYE but they are in the system and liable for tax, parlours will be licensed and registered and regularly checked to see that the new laws are adhered to. Licensing will bring attention from the VAT man and they will be able to be audited like any other business. Prices will go up to cover these extra costs.

I certainly agree prices would go up as i posted previously and this making it legal will have to be paid for by the consumer, punters in this case.

As a punter used to having OWO on offer as OW does zero for me i wouldnt like to see that not on offer like the New Zealand model you mention though. :)

Agreed. Formally ignoring them (as has long been the case with Edinburgh brothels) is maybe better than bringing in big laws. Big laws can mean heavy taxes and big business domination. (Not much chance of a cheap sh*g in Switzerland or Australia!) The Edinburgh situation could be given greater formal recognition within the law (yes, the law is sophisticated enough to do that) and the principle spread to other parts of the UK. Safe zones in industrial areas for SWs. Continued improvement of the purple site to minimise or get rid of fakes (the new mobile version's worth checking if you like that place). Improvement of Vivastreet so prices and other standard info always shown. General relaxation so that warmth between punters and WGs more easily becomes the norm throughout the industry at all levels. Greater respectability to allow more young women to make a competent free choice and maybe enter the profession for a short time without fear of social retribution, and The openness that puts security and private pleasure first rather than playing games to tick legal boxes or try to avoid dangerous punters/WGs. Dislocation of the industry from organised crime and easier and more open cooperation of punters and WGs fighting it. £50 an hour. Always nice to wish . . . ;-)

*wild applause*

( Err, apart from the last bit. :D )

I would love for it to be legal for two ladies to share a working flat.

I would also love the average hourly rate to double :D

OK, we've seen that we want it legalised, that's clear, but what about available on NHS (with prescription of course)?

I would love for it to be legal for two ladies to share a working flat.

I would also love the average hourly rate to double :D

Yeah and I'd love to see Luton town win the Champions league. :)

While OWO may be an offence in NZ, there's still plenty of providers offering it, as I can vouch from recent personal experience.

I'd like to see more honestly from service providers. If they are 50, then they dont try and pass themselves for 38, and if they are a size 14, they dont lie and say a 10. And that they provide the services advertised.

Maybe one radical change would be that the punter only pays at the end of the session, so an incentive for the girl to deliver what's promised........yeah, in my dreams maybe.

If a tradesman starts working from home, either a joiner say, or a hairdresser, accepting cash in hand, they tend to drop their prices. Girls in the sex industry tend to keep their prices as high, or sometimes put them up. Now everyone organises their life as they see fit, but sooner rather than later some common sense is going to prevail. I see the future involving lots of girls, doing this very part time, like barwork or waitressing, some will only have 3 regulars, but prices will be realistic. I have found a couple of parlour girls who have retired from active service, and they are perfectly reasonable.

I guess a lot more respect for what us girls do in life. this country still feels fairly back in the dark ages for the way we are judged by society so would be nice to be seen as just doing our job as supposed to all the ridicule we get.

I guess a lot more respect for what us girls do in life. this country still feels fairly back in the dark ages for the way we are judged by society so would be nice to be seen as just doing our job as supposed to all the ridicule we get.

Yes I agree. Punting should have come out of the closet and into main stream by 10 years time. That should mean that both WG's and clients should be looked on as "normal" members of society.

Yes I agree. Punting should have come out of the closet and into main stream by 10 years time. That should mean that both WG's and clients should be looked on as "normal" members of society.

I guess we all agree that it should be as open as you state in 2021, but do you really think it will ???

I guess we all agree that it should be as open as you state in 2021, but do you really think it will ???

No but we can always hope B)

I would love to see punting become socially acceptable, but what with the current political climate I can't see this happening in fifty years time, let alone ten.

Also a lot of people here said they would like to see the price of punting go down. When ever has the price of something ever gone down? I think this is highly unlikely. I can only hope that the basic rate (£150) is the same in ten years time, but I suspect it will have gone up to £170 or even higher.

I also agree that I can't see that the legalisation of brothels would much affect indie girls. At least the choice would be there. At least the law should be changed to allow more than one girl to work from an apartment, mainly for the sake of their personal safety.

I would love to see punting become socially acceptable, but what with the current political climate I can't see this happening in fifty years time, let alone ten.

Also a lot of people here said they would like to see the price of punting go down. When ever has the price of something ever gone down? I think this is highly unlikely. I can only hope that the basic rate (£150) is the same in ten years time, but I suspect it will have gone up to £170 or even higher.

I also agree that I can't see that the legalisation of brothels would much affect indie girls. At least the choice would be there. At least the law should be changed to allow more than one girl to work from an apartment, mainly for the sake of their personal safety.

Regulation would certainly lead to prices going up as the cost of monitoring and enforcement would have to be paid for by the punter, and once the government saw the incredible money being spent by punters they would look at other ways to raise money from us as well, a sex tax would be the most likely in my opinion.

I certainly agree on safety grounds that WGs should be legally able to work together in a premises. The rad-fems and other antis who profess to support women clearly dont on this actually endorsing women continuing to be less safe. :)