Guest Xenia

Galaxy Tab10.1 Vs Asus Transformer

10 posts in this topic

I am sorry. I know its rather silly question, but I Do have a bit of dilemma and can't decide between two.( Since Samsung 10.1 tab injunction was lifted after a recent court case)

Does anybody own either of them, and can tell me. Both on Honeycomb, so no competition there.

Yes, I did read some reviews, but still cant make my mind up. Asus seems a bit cheaper (at least £40 for the similar spec), but its got HDMI port, plus if you get keyboard for it, you will have USB ports, SD card reader and additional battery.

Samsung a bit lighter, neater, and got much better camera and video (not that I am going to use them much, but its still nice to have, especially that android does not play videos downloaded from PC,unless you can convert them in the Droid friendly format). It does not have USB,or HDMI.

I can't understand, why they just don't make a tablet with all ports in them!

Asus does not have a 3G (I think 3g model will come any day now). Samsung does! I don't exactly bother about it, as I always can tether it with my Samsung S2 phone, plus where I am going to use it, there is always a WIFI.

Please don't suggest me an Ipad2. Its a mind blowing thing, and I do like it, but because it cant play flash content, its a deal breaker for me. I need to have flash, as I am watching all my Russian serials and films with it. Yes, I know you can play flash on Ipad through certain browsers (Puffin for example), but the quality is horrible, and you can't pause, delay, or fast forward it.

So: which one to get?

I have an iPad2 and yes it is mind blowing but the lack of flash does piss me off from time to time. It's absolutely ridiculous that a piece of technology costing more than most laptops does not run flash.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I'd suggest looking at the new ThinkPad Tablet:

http://lenovothinkpadtablet.com/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet/

B

Thanks Bacchus. I did look on this tablet before. Looks the bussiness, and probably geared up more for bussiness user. Not many reviews from people as such, and I am not going to be one of the first pionners to buy it, lol. USB and SD readers ports its a massive plus though. Pity that there is no battery in the keyboard.(unlike in Transformer)

The Blackberry Playbook will run flash content.

Its only 7 inches, not 10. Size does matter for me on this occasion ;-). Lack of apps puts me off also. Especially there is no app to download free Russian books, unlike on Android, or IOS. I am only considering Android tablet at the moment.

Thanks Bacchus. I did look on this tablet before. Looks the bussiness, and probably geared up more for bussiness user. Not many reviews from people as such, and I am not going to be one of the first pionners to buy it, lol. USB and SD readers ports its a massive plus though. Pity that there is no battery in the keyboard.(unlike in Transformer)

True it's only just been announced so not many reviews, but I can't see Lenovo messing something like this up.

It's certainly the tablet I'd buy if I was looking for an Android based device (and also in preference to an iPad 2)... but then I'm something of a ThinkPad junkie. ;)

B

I have an iPad2 and yes it is mind blowing but the lack of flash does piss me off from time to time. It's absolutely ridiculous that a piece of technology costing more than most laptops does not run flash.

Couldn't agree MORE!

(sent from my ipad2)

Transformer can let you connect an external keyboard working also as a second battery and providing usb socket

Transformer can let you connect an external keyboard working also as a second battery and providing usb socket

LOL. This is an old thread. I have an Asus TS with a keyboard since August last year now. Immensly happy with it BTW, till the point that I don't even want Asus Prime anymore. (since the good ol Koreans upgraded TS101 to ICS two months ago!) :-)

Oooops, then sorry :) I tried to give some information