Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevin6776

Am I Unlucky

26 posts in this topic

I had an appointment yesterday and I book by phone and then had to cancel at the last minute and again she answered her phone so I reboooked the appointment for today but when I got there she did not answer her phone.Does this happen alot because this has happened to 4 or 5 times now or am I just unlucky.

I had an appointment yesterday and I book by phone and then had to cancel at the last minute and again she answered her phone so I reboooked the appointment for today but when I got there she did not answer her phone.Does this happen alot because this has happened to 4 or 5 times now or am I just unlucky.

It happens,not a perfect world.

Just unlucky it seems. Maybe next time, pop a post on here first before you see someone and find out if anyone else has had a good/bad experience with them. Might help cut down on the bad times.

I had an appointment yesterday and I book by phone and then had to cancel at the last minute

Who cancelled at the last minute - you or her? If the lady, then she did not answer when you phoned after re-booking, then I think it's time to find yourself another lady. Unless there are other reasons - were you late, for example? Does she ask clients to phone in the morning to confirm the appointment? (a lot of ladies do this and if they don't hear then they give the appointment to somebody else)

Sorry to hear about this. It certainly happens on occassion although i havent had it occur to me for a long time fortunately, and there is a recent Timewasting WG thread where the same thing happened. My advice is to firstly name and shame her on here so as to warn other punters.

Secondly, never leave your place till you have spoken to her confirming your on the way just before you set out, not fullproof of course but worth doing in my opinion. :)

Who cancelled at the last minute - you or her? If the lady, then she did not answer when you phoned after re-booking, then I think it's time to find yourself another lady. Unless there are other reasons - were you late, for example? Does she ask clients to phone in the morning to confirm the appointment? (a lot of ladies do this and if they don't hear then they give the appointment to somebody else)

I had to cancel at the last minute and then made a booking for today she told me to ring at 9 this morning to confirm the booking but did not answer so sent a text that I was still coming and I never saw her before as she was touring in my area.

I had to cancel at the last minute and then made a booking for today she told me to ring at 9 this morning to confirm the booking but did not answer so sent a text that I was still coming and I never saw her before as she was touring in my area.

Whilst I know life throws up the unexpected a guy who cancels at the last minute will get a mark against his name because however sorry and genuine you are she may have turned down other clients and therefore lost money. Maybe she had a similar last minute crisis as to why she couldn't answer your text/call this morning or decided to take a tried and tested regular she knew would show up instead. Yes, it sounds harsh but when all have bills to pay so have to make choices that are less of a gamble. She should however have contacted you to let you know though.

I had to cancel at the last minute

Ah. Therein lies your answer. You're not unlucky, she's earmarked you as a TW (timewaster).

Still going despite not speaking to or hearing from her is not a good idea in my experience. She certainly should of had the courtesy to let you know though of course. Apart from naming and shaming as she wasted your time and perhaps you incurred a cost of travelling to her place which as money didnt change hands you very unfortunately cant do a FR on, i would advise you to never leave yours in future without getting confirmation. :)

It sounds like retaliation for you cancelling at the last minute.

EnlishLondonGirl beat me to it....There is a guy who has rung and booked me on one occasion only to cancel at the last minute. He's tried to book me again since then, but in the meantime I have discovered that he has done this repeatedly to a fellow WG. I won't accept another booking from him as it's proven he is a serial timewaster. Yes, life can throw up surprises that alter plans, but she quite possibly was on alert for another last minute cancellation from you, so if a booking came in from someone she knew would turn up, you got dumped.

I agree that she should have let you know, but not that she should be named and shamed. I think if every guy who caused us to lose out on other appointments, to waste our time and money, was named and shamed on a forum accessible to all, there would be an outcry.

EnlishLondonGirl beat me to it....There is a guy who has rung and booked me on one occasion only to cancel at the last minute. He's tried to book me again since then, but in the meantime I have discovered that he has done this repeatedly to a fellow WG. I won't accept another booking from him as it's proven he is a serial timewaster. Yes, life can throw up surprises that alter plans, but she quite possibly was on alert for another last minute cancellation from you, so if a booking came in from someone she knew would turn up, you got dumped.

I agree that she should have let you know, but not that she should be named and shamed. I think if every guy who caused us to lose out on other appointments, to waste our time and money, was named and shamed on a forum accessible to all, there would be an outcry.

Well, I do like to come first ;)

one would think WG's never have other shit piled on em.

i have had to cancel because of problems with my elderly parents, work scheduling meetings or requiring me to travel to another office or mrs cp suddenly cancellng her plans so i cant play out.

or i find i have started dribbling snot the morning of a punt -now that would be popular if i were to still go ahead.

I always give as much notice as I can but shit happens.

and i have had Wg's cancel on me.

a little give and take is required here mebbe.

Unless you are a regular and the lady knows you well this will always be a problem for both sides.The trouble is when somthing unavoidable crops up and we cancel, we know we are genuine but the lady dosen't,and vice versa.

Ok, so I think we all actually agree with each other here. Let's break it down.

1. WG cancels due to a genuine unavoidable reason- Client understands they reschedule and all is well.

2. Punter cancels due to a genuine unavoidable reason- WG understands they reschedule and all is well

3. WG cancels due to a genuine unavoidable reason- Client thinks she is a timewaster and sulks on the forum

4. Punter cancels due to a genuine avoidable reason- WG decides he is a timewaster and refuses to see him again.

5. WG cancels because she's fake/disorganised/rubbish- Client understands they reschedule and she does it again til he learns his lesson.

6. Punter cancels because he's a timewasting prick- WG understands they reschedule and he does it again til she learns her lesson.

OK, I'm boring myself now...

Unless it's a regular you trust, never leave home without having had the booking confirmed on the day. If you do, a wasted journey will often be the result.

Unless it's a regular you trust, never leave home without having had the booking confirmed on the day. If you do, a wasted journey will often be the result.

Good point. Whenever I setup a booking with a girl I haven't seen before, I always say that I'll contact her on the morning of the booking to confirm. It's not unusual for her not to respond at all (or occasionally cancel). I assume it's one of the reasons in ELG's post, or the girl has got a booking in the meantime from a regular, or she's just decided not to bother working that day.

This is one of the reasons I make most of my booking through agencies (ones I know are reliable from experience) and why I'm very selective about the indies that I try to see.

It is a refreshing change when you contact an indie for the first time - get a prompt and businesslike response - get the booking confirmed on the day - and it all goes ahead with no problems.

I appreciate for WGs that timewaster punters must be really annoying, but it works both ways.

Why accept the booking if you don't want to see him?It's behaviour like this that has clients thinking I've struck them off because they couldn't make it one time, and thus move along. If a client cancels on me in good time I accept that life happens and will do something else with that time - either another booking, or something personal. Obviously if he does it several times I'll advise that his lifestyle isn't compatible with advance bookings, and to perhaps try closer to the time or when in the area.

If I decide not to accept any more bookings from a person, I will tell them and tell them why. This way there is no second guessing, everyone knows where they are.

I had to cancel at the last minute and then made a booking for today she told me to ring at 9 this morning to confirm the booking but did not answer so sent a text that I was still coming

When you rang and she didn't answer did it go to an answer machine, did you leave a message? Texts can take hours to arrive, it really annoys me when people say 'I rang but it went to the answer machine', 'Did you you leave a message', 'No I don't like talking to machines', yeah you'll be expected to use things like airplanes next. In many years of punting it only happened to me once, (and that one turned out to be for a good reason), if it has happened to you 4 or 5 times I would look into what you doing that makes this happen so often.

Sorry to hear about this. It certainly happens on occassion although i havent had it occur to me for a long time fortunately, and there is a recent Timewasting WG thread where the same thing happened. My advice is to firstly name and shame her on here so as to warn other punters.

Is this the Timewasting WG thread you mean? if so I suggest you read it right through to the last post by a mod.

Is this the Timewasting WG thread you mean? if so I suggest you read it right through to the last post by a mod.

No that wasnt the thread.

Good point. Whenever I setup a booking with a girl I haven't seen before, I always say that I'll contact her on the morning of the booking to confirm. It's not unusual for her not to respond at all (or occasionally cancel). I assume it's one of the reasons in ELG's post, or the girl has got a booking in the meantime from a regular, or she's just decided not to bother working that day.

This is one of the reasons I make most of my booking through agencies (ones I know are reliable from experience) and why I'm very selective about the indies that I try to see.

It is a refreshing change when you contact an indie for the first time - get a prompt and businesslike response - get the booking confirmed on the day - and it all goes ahead with no problems.

I appreciate for WGs that timewaster punters must be really annoying, but it works both ways.

To me its obvious logical common sense but i include regulars as well, anything could of happened making her unable to contact me so until i speak to her or receive a text reply i wont leave mine and as a regular she would be aware of how i operate. :)

Ok, so I think we all actually agree with each other here. Let's break it down.

1. WG cancels due to a genuine unavoidable reason- Client understands they reschedule and all is well.

2. Punter cancels due to a genuine unavoidable reason- WG understands they reschedule and all is well

3. WG cancels due to a genuine unavoidable reason- Client thinks she is a timewaster and sulks on the forum

4. Punter cancels due to a genuine avoidable reason- WG decides he is a timewaster and refuses to see him again.

5. WG cancels because she's fake/disorganised/rubbish- Client understands they reschedule and she does it again til he learns his lesson.

6. Punter cancels because he's a timewasting prick- WG understands they reschedule and he does it again til she learns her lesson.

OK, I'm boring myself now...

Impeccable logic, you must have been born a Vulcan :)

Whenever I setup a booking with a girl I haven't seen before, I always say that I'll contact her on the morning of the booking to confirm.

As do I. In fact over 90+% of the indies I see make this a requirement and a normal part of their booking process.

It's not unusual for her not to respond at all (or occasionally cancel).

Actually, for me, it is quite unusual not to get a response. If I don't though, I assume that the booking isn't going ahead.

Both agencies I have used regularly in the past used the "confirm on the day" system. As I said above though, so do most of the indies I see.

To be fair, that is my normal experience, regardless of whether it's an agency or indie punt. Sure, there are some disorganised WGs out there, but if they don't get their act together, they don't last long ime.

It happens all the time, so you're not the only one who's unlucky. It's terribly disappointing but you need to get used to it. Many's the day you'll return home with plans A, B and C aborted and you still won't have been seen. Frustration and dismay are the regular downsides of punting. But then, just when you're about to give up you'll get a result that puts you on a high for days. I'd say 1 in 4 of my punts never gets started or ends disastrously. Put more optimistically, I have a 75% success rate.