Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kayak

Xxxx's !

11 posts in this topic

Regulars of the purple site (yes Claire, again!) will be familiar with the overuse of the letter "X" in lady's profiles. For example, a lady might not be satisfied to just call herself "Anna", so she bangs on a handful of "x"'s at the end and becomes "Annaxxxxx". One in particular that makes me laugh is a lady who calls herself "Camillaxxx", because it sounds so much like a laxative!

I suspect that there's a similar syndrome at work with regard to the numbers 69. Any other funnies like this that you've noticed?

Regulars of the purple site (yes Claire, again!) will be familiar with the overuse of the letter "X" in lady's profiles. For example, a lady might not be satisfied to just call herself "Anna", so she bangs on a handful of "x"'s at the end and becomes "Annaxxxxx". One in particular that makes me laugh is a lady who calls herself "Camillaxxx", because it sounds so much like a laxative!

I suspect that there's a similar syndrome at work with regard to the numbers 69. Any other funnies like this that you've noticed?

Sexy Teenxxx or similar with Teen in the name and when you read the profile she is saying she is 21, always makes me chuckle. :D

"Cum" is also an overused word in many names on Another Website.

I assume the 'x's are used in order to find a username that is still available.

I assume the 'x's are used in order to find a username that is still available.

I suppose so, but I initially imagined it was somehow related to the idea of "x-rated"! Showing my age now aren't I? It doesn't look very good though, having all those xxx's in your name, although I suppose it doesn't matter if you're going to be "here today and gone later today".

I daresay some of them are to demonstrate members of the same agency or group too - I noticed one of the normal agencies near somewhere I was working had set up an ad on there and had all the ladies' names with an 'x' either side (and I think they were all called 'horny___' or 'sexy___' as well. They must have been chuffed to bits :D.

"Cum" is also an overused word in many names on Another Website.

Bleurgh - indeed, and not just with the providers. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person left on Earth who actually spells the word with an 'o' and an 'e'. . Still, it's yet more help in the neverending screening process...

I daresay some of them are to demonstrate members of the same agency or group too - I noticed one of the normal agencies near somewhere I was working had set up an ad on there and had all the ladies' names with an 'x' either side (and I think they were all called 'horny___' or 'sexy___' as well. They must have been chuffed to bits :D.

Bleurgh - indeed, and not just with the providers. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person left on Earth who actually spells the word with an 'o' and an 'e'. . Still, it's yet more help in the neverending screening process...

I think you might be ;) ; although I agree with your sentiments here.

Recently I delighted my wife by referring to a "queer". She found it so old fashioned. I don't think as a term it should be confined to history yet either - I even have a work acquaintance who is "queer" and likes to use the word too, although he's certainly younger than me.

By the way Amy, cracking signature strip! One of my alltime best albums.

I think you might be ;) ; although I agree with your sentiments here.

Recently I delighted my wife by referring to a "queer". She found it so old fashioned. I don't think as a term it should be confined to history yet either - I even have a work acquaintance who is "queer" and likes to use the word too, although he's certainly younger than me.

By the way Amy, cracking signature strip! One of my alltime best albums.

Are you Mr Peacock at Grace Brothers ?

Are you Mr Peacock at Grace Brothers ?

oh dear

Captain Peacock, please!!!!

oh dear

Captain Peacock, please!!!!

Sorry my gran must have got it wrong when she relayed it to me. I haven't a clue what she is talking about being only 25.

Trying to drag this thread back to where it started, Castlemaine needed 4.