Sarita

Is It Too Much To Expect?

37 posts in this topic

I've just turned down an outcall to a hotel this evening because the man refuses to give his full name and room number.

I pointed out to him that I need this information so I can be sure he'll actually be there, but he initially asked me if I wanted the information in order to 'set him up'! I told him that I've been around for 5 years, have FRs on here and had no intention of setting him up. He apologised and told me he was new to punting, but he still wouldn't give me his name so I'm not going. He also wanted me to meet him in the bar, not his room, which made warning bells ring.

I understand that some men might feel reluctant to give their full names, but apart from anything else, I'm not happy to spend time in the company of someone who is so paranoid about his anonymity that he doesn't give a damn about my safety and well being.

I haven't always been so rigid about this, but I've been scammed twice this year by guys who thought it funny to send me off on a wild goose chase and I'm not risking it again. There's also a post in the warnings section of this site about a man who booked a girl for a hotel visit in Liverpool and then raped and robbed her.I feel there's less chance of something like that happening if I have the full name.

Am I being unreasonable?

Punting requires a lot of trust on both sides, you have to trust us not to cross your boundaries or waste your time, and we have to trust you not to go to the tabloids with "Miserable bugger no-one gives a damn about visits WG!!!"

No you are not being unreasonable. If he can't see your point of view then he is a guy to avoid.

Of course it's not too much to expect and you are not being at all unreasonable.

If he's new to punting then I understand that he might not know the ropes, but he will soon find that no lady will visit him unless he provides the information you requested. I too find it strange that he wanted to meet you in the bar, rather than his room.

All things considered, I'd have turned him down too.

Indeed Whispered Sin. It works out pretty well most of the time, all things considered.

He's now offering me £30 to go and meet him and have a coffee. He just doesn't get it.

Edited by Sarita

I've just turned down an outcall to a hotel this evening because the man refuses to give his full name and room number.

I pointed out to him that I need this information so I can be sure he'll actually be there, but he initially asked me if I wanted the information in order to 'set him up'! I told him that I've been around for 5 years, have FRs on here and had no intention of setting him up. He apologised and told me he was new to punting, but he still wouldn't give me his name so I'm not going. He also wanted me to meet him in the bar, not his room, which made warning bells ring.

I understand that some men might feel reluctant to give their full names, but apart from anything else, I'm not happy to spend time in the company of someone who is so paranoid about his anonymity that he doesn't give a damn about my safety and well being.

I haven't always been so rigid about this, but I've been scammed twice this year by guys who thought it funny to send me off on a wild goose chase and I'm not risking it again. There's also a post in the warnings section of this site about a man who booked a girl for a hotel visit in Liverpool and then raped and robbed her.I feel there's less chance of something like that happening if I have the full name.

Am I being unreasonable?

Sarita your not being unreasonable in the slightest as you should do what makes you feel safe. As a punter i feel safe being anoynomous so perhaps this is how this guy feels but you must be as safe as possible and if i were you i wouldnt go to this punt. :)

Do whatever makes you feel safe. And the bar thing is probably only so he can check you and then if he doesn't like the look of you, find some excuse to send you on your way. I ask for at least the surname and first initial so I can check they're actually a registered guest and I won't even bother starting to get myself ready until I have a room number.

Standard stuff - the guy is being an idiot - though there seems to be a lot of these super paranoid types around at the moment. I really don't get it - it's not like America where I have been told "set ups" do happen because it's illegal there. x x

Punting requires a lot of trust on both sides, you have to trust us not to cross your boundaries or waste your time, and we have to trust you not to go to the tabloids with "Miserable bugger no-one gives a damn about visits WG!!!"

I virtually always punt incall at the WGs premises and being totally anoynomous apart from my mobile number and description suits me. There is a member or ex-member on here who shows what can happen when you give too much information on yourself, he was stupid by giving so much information but ended up being outed as a punter publicly. Its wise in my opinion to not trust anyone you dont know well. :)

Edited by smiths

I had a bad experience earlier in the year when I went to meet a client in a hotel in the city centre. I'd had conversations with him on the phone and had his full name (and even a photo of him). He was going to visit me for an incall the day before, but cancelled it with the excuse that he had to go for a meal with work colleagues. I didn't really think too much about it as I'd had a very busy day and it had just started snowing, so I was more concerned with being able to get there.

I got the hotel and he texted me, asking if I was there yet (he knew it was a bit difficult because the snow was heavy) and when I told him I'd arrived he said he'd come down and get me as the lift was key carded.

Of course he never appeared and said later that he'd done it 'to teach me a lesson' because I'd asked him to stop bombarding me with texts.

It wouldn't have been the end of the world, although I was obviously furious as I'd always dealt with him politely, except that there were no taxis due to the snow and I had to walk 3 miles home through the bloody snow in high heels!

Do whatever makes you feel safe. And the bar thing is probably only so he can check you and then if he doesn't like the look of you, find some excuse to send you on your way. I ask for at least the surname and first initial so I can check they're actually a registered guest and I won't even bother starting to get myself ready until I have a room number.

Standard stuff - the guy is being an idiot - though there seems to be a lot of these super paranoid types around at the moment. I really don't get it - it's not like America where I have been told "set ups" do happen because it's illegal there. x x

Agree, though it's amazing how many men think it's illegal here too.

I had a bad experience earlier in the year when I went to meet a client in a hotel in the city centre. I'd had conversations with him on the phone and had his full name (and even a photo of him). He was going to visit me for an incall the day before, but cancelled it with the excuse that he had to go for a meal with work colleagues. I didn't really think too much about it as I'd had a very busy day and it had just started snowing, so I was more concerned with being able to get there.

I got the hotel and he texted me, asking if I was there yet (he knew it was a bit difficult because the snow was heavy) and when I told him I'd arrived he said he'd come down and get me as the lift was key carded.

Of course he never appeared and said later that he'd done it 'to teach me a lesson' because I'd asked him to stop bombarding me with texts.

It wouldn't have been the end of the world, although I was obviously furious as I'd always dealt with him politely, except that there were no taxis due to the snow and I had to walk 3 miles home through the bloody snow in high heels!

What a complete wanker, guys like this do us genuine punters no favours. :)

Thankyou for this post!! i ued to think guys had genuine reasons to be overly discreet... but definitely change of mind, i've had a guy call me to the hotel just to avoid answering my calls when I got there. It's cos they wank from the goose chase probably - and our £20 - £40 fee in taxi fair.

Just block him or tell him you'll now spread his number (to avoid) to other girls in the area.

I rarely do out calls these days but if it is a new client and he is in a hotel

I get his name and room number and phone him on that before I set off.

When I am almost at the hotel I ring him in his room again using the hotel

switchboard.... not on his mobile.... to check he is still in there and not

loitering in reception to check me out!

As long as he answers his room phone just before I enter the hotel then it is

going to be fine.

Those are my rules which may not suit everyone but it works very well for me.

I rarely do out calls these days but if it is a new client and he is in a hotel

I get his name and room number and phone him on that before I set off.

When I am almost at the hotel I ring him in his room again using the hotel

switchboard.... not on his mobile.... to check he is still in there and not

loitering in reception to check me out!

As long as he answers his room phone just before I enter the hotel then it is

going to be fine.

Those are my rules which may not suit everyone but it works very well for me.

Sounds like good advice to me.

Am I being unreasonable?

We are primarily an incall establishment but the few outcalls we do take are always to a hotel and I expect to have the guys name that the room is booked under and the room number. The room must have a telephone extension. I call the receptionist and ask to speak to mr so and so in in room so and so...if he has given a single incorrect detail then the booking is cancelled immiedialty, why should a girl trust a guy not to hack her to pieces who wont even trust the girl with his room number and name? You did the right thing Sarita, dont feel bad about it.

When I did indie out calls I worked by the same rule exactly.

Am I being unreasonable?

No, you are not being unreasonable at all. You have to look after you. I like to think I can get the measure of someone on the 'phone, not because of the voice, but the content of what they are saying. If someone bombards me with texts (pre-punt filth) I cancel.

You were correct not to go. 23 is the new 25 ;)

He apologised and told me he was new to punting, but he still wouldn't give me his name so I'm not going. He also wanted me to meet him in the bar, not his room, which made warning bells ring.

Am I being unreasonable?

No you are not! If this twit is indeed new to punting, it might be educational for him if you texted the url of this thread to him now. If he follows it his education and understanding might be improved?

There are numerous tales of guys who book girls, girl arrives having travelled to find no such room number exists, or the guy proffers a cheque, or locks the girl in the room, or gives the girl counterfeit notes, or sends her to his mate as some sort of joke.

Asking for the booking name, reference and a call through to the room itself cuts down the chances of a wasted journey, and at worst being conned, set-up or even attacked.

I am told there are girls out there who ask for no such detail when visiting a new client, that is up to them but the number of tales I've seen and heard where checks haven't been made and things gone wrong - well it's common sense isn't it!

Regards private houses I am not going to set off, on a long drive without having a good idea the person may be there and for the same reasons as above I will run my checks. If I've been sent a guys phone number as a set up by his mate, I'm sure there'd be others set up fake outcalls as well. Not only does it protect me somewhat, it also protects the innocent.

There are numerous tales of guys who book girls, girl arrives having travelled to find no such room number exists, or the guy proffers a cheque, or locks the girl in the room, or gives the girl counterfeit notes, or sends her to his mate as some sort of joke.

Asking for the booking name, reference and a call through to the room itself cuts down the chances of a wasted journey, and at worst being conned, set-up or even attacked.

I am told there are girls out there who ask for no such detail when visiting a new client, that is up to them but the number of tales I've seen and heard where checks haven't been made and things gone wrong - well it's common sense isn't it!

Regards private houses I am not going to set off, on a long drive without having a good idea the person may be there and for the same reasons as above I will run my checks. If I've been sent a guys phone number as a set up by his mate, I'm sure there'd be others set up fake outcalls as well. Not only does it protect me somewhat, it also protects the innocent.

Most WGs i have punted with asked for no details apart from my name, its the rule rather than the exception in my experience. IMO WGs on here are generally more savvy than many WGs outside of here. :)

Most WGs i have punted with asked for no details apart from my name, its the rule rather than the exception in my experience. IMO WGs on here are generally more savvy than many WGs outside of here. :)

I agree absolutely. For a start they are prepared to discuss punting with us blokes, each other and any stray lurkers. It helps us all that they are so happy to do so.

No you are not! If this twit is indeed new to punting, it might be educational for him if you texted the url of this thread to him now. If he follows it his education and understanding might be improved?

I did that very thing.

I did that very thing.

It wwould be very interesting to learn of his reaction. Please do let us know. :rolleyes:

Clearly you're not being unreasonable, not in the slightest. You did the right thing, blanking him. He is evidently a dimwitted bellend.

However, some punters are understandably nervous about getting robbed and a bit of paranoia is healthy. Sometimes you have to provide additional reassurance to settle an angst-ridden punter. Not it a hotel admittedly but I've had situations where I've been 'talked' up into a block of flats while conversing on a mobile, only to discover I'm being followed by burly thugs with mischief on their minds.