Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boredbloke

Testing Frequency

6 posts in this topic

I'm not a hugely regular punter, but would appreciate some advice in the area of testing for std's. I tend to go to walkups in soho and only ever have covered oral and covered sex. With this in mind, how frequently should I consider getting checked out. Obviously I don't want to pass on anything to my wife.

I'm not a hugely regular punter, but would appreciate some advice in the area of testing for std's. I tend to go to walkups in soho and only ever have covered oral and covered sex. With this in mind, how frequently should I consider getting checked out. Obviously I don't want to pass on anything to my wife.

Or to anyone else you may punt with.

That as well but they are hardly going to divorce me and take my house......

Just wondered what others did

I think general advice would be in the region of every six months, but the best info is to go to a GUM clinic, and ask there. The first visit can be unsettling, simply because it is all new and unfamiliar, but in my experience the staff are professional and not judgmental. Return visits are much easier.

You are not obliged to give your real name, address, or GP information, if that is something that bothers you. You can usually opt to get any results by text, but protocols do vary from clinic to clinic.

One other factor that should be kept in mind when determining advice on frequency of testing (by the clinic), apart from the "risk" activities indulged in, is the frequency of indulgence.

Thanks for the advice. I did get tested about 6 months ago and since then I've only had a handful of punts (4) and all covered for oral and sex, but probably best to get checked out anyway. I've only been to see 2 different women in that time, but both are pretty popular - Angie and Eva in their respective walkups

The only thing it is worth mentioning when you go is that you do visit WGs and then they'll give you a series of Hep B vaccinations. X