Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turandot

Blocking Messages

5 posts in this topic

Is it possible to block someone on this site from sending me messages?

I could swear there was a "block this user from contacting me" option when your viewing the messages. Cant see it now.

BUT theres a "manage ignored users" menu on your profile. Just a case of entering their username and select Ignore personal conversations.. I think..I havent tried it thou.

(Or you could do it by telling them not to contact you and then report them if they dont? :)

I could swear there was a "block this user from contacting me" option when your viewing the messages. Cant see it now.

BUT theres a "manage ignored users" menu on your profile. Just a case of entering their username and select Ignore personal conversations.. I think..I havent tried it thou.

(Or you could do it by telling them not to contact you and then report them if they dont? :)

I'm pretty sure there is. I know there's a block to avoid *dreary posters and I'm pretty sure I have some message senders blocked.

The irony of the ignore posts selection is that they still appear by name with a "You have chosen to ignore etc" and I cant help peeping to see what the ignored Umpa lumpa has said! just so I can have the satisfaction of muttering....."What a potherb" to myself, and then popping them back on ignore!

Yes the simplest solutions are usually the best.

For dreary please read Knobhead/Tossers

Very shortly after arriving on Punternet I accepted an IM in good faith and eventual emails led me to the conclusion I'd encountered someone on the run from Broadmoor. Other than that I've had no problems and as for blocking posts I see no point. I did it years ago on another forum to avoid being drawn by someone whose twisted mind eventually helped to ruin the board, but even now I wish I, and others, had simply added our posts to those who tried to get rid of the miscreant - who knows, the forum might have survived?

The advice that if you have a problem report it makes good sense, I wish I'd done just that, and I wouldn't hesitate if it happened again.

On messages you have sent, there is a red "Block" sign on the top left corner of the message you have sent.

This does not appear on messages you have received.

"I've told that bloody Raquel to stop bothering me" (quote from Pete and Dud).