Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notme

Cancellations?

36 posts in this topic

Yesterday - one client calls early, I'm asleep for his lunch appointment. :s

One client called and put the phone down cos I wouldn't do anything for £50 behind an alley.

Third, 'i'll get back to you after i find a hotel'...

Another, doesn't know if he'll have a hotel ready, but wants me free for 5.

One seemed genuine, booked for 8 and told me about it all day. When I told him he'd need travel expense added for a 1 hour appointment (he originally booked 2 hours), he cancelled.

Another regular called for 8, I couldn't because of the above guy at 8.

Is it me or is this a really hard game? Bad luck? Or a method behind the madness? should wgs only take advance bookings, and ignore the phone? Or do punters sometimes want to keep their £200 (a lot of money)..

2 days of cancellation. Yesterday all three regulars wanted the same time. Now I'm on my period. :( Wah.

Have guys ever time wasted? Called a girl, then thought better?

One client called and put the phone down cos I wouldn't do anything for £50 behind an alley.

One seemed genuine, booked for 8 and told me about it all day. When I told him he'd need travel expense added for a 1 hour appointment (he originally booked 2 hours), he cancelled.

Is it me or is this a really hard game? Bad luck? Or a method behind the madness? should wgs only take advance bookings, and ignore the phone? Or do punters sometimes want to keep their £200 (a lot of money)..

2 days of cancellation. Yesterday all three regulars wanted the same time. Now I'm on my period. :( Wah.

I keep my punting simple, enquire by phone only, if i like what i hear book, confirm as i leave mine, punt and go usually same day. If i book i never dont turn-up, if the punt doesnt happen which is rare it is because the WG has lied to me in which case i walk nowadays.

Sounds like you have had a frustrating time with timewasting arseholes, sadly they will always exist, and certainly do genuine punters no favours. :)

If I have to cancel (happened about 3 times) I try to give 48 hours notice. Sh*t happens sometimes, but it pays to be fair if you can.

I have also been let down by WG's who have accepted a booking and then failed to fulfil it.

Yes this happens, I have frustrating days, days when guys can't be pinned down but want an appointment, can you do this time, can't decide on the length, can you do that time, late/early, you said "No" to others, then it changes, you can't phone everyone back, then they all want you at once.

Grrrs.

Edited by Strawberry

No, never time wasted. Think that will be norm for this site... practically all guys here are "committed" punters, rather than looking to talk on phone or swap e-mails. But know there are a lot of time wasters out there.

Only time I cancelled I gave 6 days notice... and still got "negged" on t'other site. That rankled at the time, the more so since lady concerned had previously cancelled an appointment with me.. just giving 20 mins notice... i.e. way too late to prevent me making a long journey. In general... as has been established on many similar threads both the committed punter and the WG both suffer from "time wasters".

Edited by jackdaw

ive had to cancel cos

1 mrs cp's plans change and im no longer able to escape

2.lunchtime ones. work sometimes spring stuff on me making lunchtime meet impossible. especially stupid meetings. I can hardly decline a meeting saying im going shagging delicious delores,

3, i get ill. i dont feel its right to go punting with a streaming cold. or tummy upset.

but most bookings happen.

There is something spooky going on with this board.......

On Sunday I went to Ikea for the first time in years then I get

back home and find a thread about Ikea.......... :blink:

Earlier today I began a thread called "letting the side down"

which was mainly about established clients who have always been

reliable good guys and then they suddenly start playing silly games.

I thought better of it...... starting the thread........ but this one

is more or less the same subject......... men who arse about!

Cancellations: A second chance is given by me but never a third if I don't already know the man.

One man who used to be an ok client I saw several times then began texting asking if I was available at

a certain time.......... I would reply yes..... then heard no more. Now this is fine unless it is happening

over and over...... which it did with him and he is aware now that I will not see him again.

Advance bookings can result in cancellations just as much as short notice ones.

A man phoned me today and asked about "details". I asked who he was calling and he didn't know my name.

He found me "on the internet" ...... said he wasn't sure which website he found me on. I repeated that he

needed to know who he was calling. He hung up. I texted telling him it was rather rude. So he was a man

who probably had no intention of making an appointment.

It can be a little depressing when we get 2 or 3 phone idiots or silly sods within a short time.... but it is all but

forgotten as soon as the next regular decent man buzzes that buzzer.

There is something spooky going on with this board.......

On Sunday I went to Ikea for the first time in years then I get

back home and find a thread about Ikea.......... :blink:

Earlier today I began a thread called "letting the side down"

which was mainly about established clients who have always been

reliable good guys and then they suddenly start playing silly games.

I thought better of it...... starting the thread........ but this one

is more or less the same subject......... men who arse about!

Cancellations: A second chance is given by me but never a third if I don't already know the man.

One man who used to be an ok client I saw several times then began texting asking if I was available at

a certain time.......... I would reply yes..... then heard no more. Now this is fine unless it is happening

over and over...... which it did with him and he is aware now that I will not see him again.

Advance bookings can result in cancellations just as much as short notice ones.

A man phoned me today and asked about "details". I asked who he was calling and he didn't know my name.

He found me "on the internet" ...... said he wasn't sure which website he found me on. I repeated that he

needed to know who he was calling. He hung up. I texted telling him it was rather rude. So he was a man

who probably had no intention of making an appointment.

It can be a little depressing when we get 2 or 3 phone idiots or silly sods within a short time.... but it is all but

forgotten as soon as the next regular decent man buzzes that buzzer.

Completely agree with the texting to ask for availability, then nothing however I do believe some guys do text on the off chance, see your reply doesn't offer a convenient time so can't see any reason to respond. It does however become a bit tedious especially when it gets to "Avail today?" or "Are you busy?". What's that supposed to mean?I have had to explain whilst I will communicate by text, it does need to be specific. After a number of such texts I have taken folk in hand.

Disagree re the "details" thing, I have met guys who genuinely do not sit there writing down the website address they've seen me at/aren't interested in sitting at the pc avidly digesting and would rather speak to a person. I do however like to know what they've seen of me because I know there are directories out there using out-dated or incorrect information.

It is however very difficult when you get a call saying "Who's this?". I am hardly going to announce "Ruth of Kendal" when he may simply have a wrong number. Once had a right run around with someone like this, who probably went away thinking I was being funny!

Edited by Strawberry

This same thing happened with a client of mine, too. Bizarre behaviour.

Completely agree with the texting to ask for availability, then nothing however I do believe some guys do text on the off chance, see your reply doesn't offer a convenient time so can't see any reason to respond.

I agree but this guy asks for a specific time. If I can do it I say yes. Then no reply. When this happens with

the same man on several occasions then I am afraid it is time to call a halt. I now class him as a timewaster.

Sorry to hear this Notme, it just happens that sometimes things fall into place, other times not! it always happens

that if you get something go wrong in a day then it may just follow on.. Luck ? I believe you make your own luck lol!!

Don't get disheartened! just put it down to one of those days :-)))

xxxx

Aye, it works both ways. You girls have to put up with such shitstains judging by these stories and it reflects very poorly upon genuine punters. Punters also get baffled when girls engage in a similar timewasting performance. Take today.

After reading some FRs I sent an email to a prospective girl briefly outlining my requirements and inquiring about her availability tomorrow. Within an hour I received a nice, well composed response agreeing to see me tomorrow and asking me to ring her. I rang immediately and it went straight to answerphone. This was 1030 this morning. I last dialled at 2000 hours and it just goes to answerphone. Tomorrow's assignation is looking unlikely, but where I've been hanging around waiting for her to answer and confirm, I could otherwise have been making enquiries elsewhere and it's aggravating that tomorrow is probably wasted because it's late now and I might not get a same day appointment anywhere. Now I'm used to this, it happens all the time. It's frustrating and it may well happen again tomorrow .

Both sides get their shit days and I'm sorry to learn that you've been fucked about by some waste of a man. We get stuffed too. Life ain't fair.

Edited by WhilstNeroplays

Aye, it works both ways. You girls have to put up with such shitstains judging by these stories and it reflects very poorly upon genuine punters. Punters also get baffled when girls engage in a similar timewasting performance. Take today.

After reading some FRs I sent an email to a prospective girl briefly outlining my requirements and inquiring about her availability tomorrow. Within an hour I received a nice, well composed response agreeing to see me tomorrow and asking me to ring her. I rang immediately and it went straight to answerphone. This was 1030 this morning. I last dialled at 2000 hours and it just goes to answerphone. Tomorrow's assignation is looking unlikely, but where I've been hanging around waiting for her to answer and confirm, I could otherwise have been making enquiries elsewhere and it's aggravating that tomorrow is probably wasted because it's late now and I might not get a same day appointment anywhere. Now I'm used to this, it happens all the time. It's frustrating and it may well happen again tomorrow .

Both sides get their shit days and I'm sorry to learn that you've been fucked about by some waste of a man. We get stuffed too. Life ain't fair.

WhilstNeroplays- If this particular girl was busy then you may not have heard back from her, but I would of thought if no phonecall then may of emailed you to let you know outcome but she may email you tomorrow but I understand from your point of view waiting. This is why best to have plan B as guys say!

or some even have plans c or d lol. It is called punting for reason!

After a number of such texts I have taken folk in hand.

You can take me in hand any time you like Strawberry :D

Why do I find it very difficult to type the name Strawberry? :confused:

WhilstNeroplays- If this particular girl was busy then you may not have heard back from her, but I would of thought if no phonecall then may of emailed you to let you know outcome but she may email you tomorrow but I understand from your point of view waiting. This is why best to have plan B as guys say!

or some even have plans c or d lol. It is called punting for reason!

You're completely missing the point. If I make three appointments and one confirms I then have to cancel the other two which in turn would fuck up two of the girls' schedules and I don't want to do that. I'm a considerate person. Emailing me today is pointless because I wanted to see her at 1300 hours leaving me no time to prepare.

I shall spend this morning trying to arrange something for tomorrow, but I'll probably get fucked about again and out of desperation I'll go to some parlour for an hour where I'll be served up a large portion of overpriced indifference for about 45 mins before being ushered out of the door and handed my clothes in the hallway. I am fully aware of the reason behind the name punting and I am no stranger to the continual disappointment and rip off.

You're completely missing the point. If I make three appointments and one confirms I then have to cancel the other two which in turn would fuck up two of the girls' schedules and I don't want to do that. I'm a considerate person. Emailing me today is pointless because I wanted to see her at 1300 hours leaving me no time to prepare.

I shall spend this morning trying to arrange something for tomorrow, but I'll probably get fucked about again and out of desperation I'll go to some parlour for an hour where I'll be served up a large portion of overpriced indifference for about 45 mins before being ushered out of the door and handed my clothes in the hallway. I am fully aware of the reason behind the name punting and I am no stranger to the continual disappointment and rip off.

If it went to 'answerphone' you should really have moved on after a couple of times IMHO

If it went to 'answerphone' you should really have moved on after a couple of times IMHO

Good advice, i never put all my eggs in one basket. I will ring WG one and if no response ring WG two and so on till i get a response, i can always ring WG one again in the future. I do punt in London though so have plenty of options, if in a punting desert this modus would have to be changed. :)

WhilstNeroplays, I understand what you are saying, and who say's you have to book three girls just to get one appointement ?

thats not how a lot of guys operate but they have back up plans if they do not get joy with one particular lady they want to see.

If you ask me my opinion I think you need to look at things in a different perspective and from a different angle so not so hung up on seeing

the one girl at short notice or at least arrange in advance in your tight schedule allows that.

Also I do not feel there is a need for you to be swearing. We all get the gist of what your trying to say.

Also a popular girl is popular for a reason, so is bound to be busy. pretty obvious it would take a little planning on your part to see her. Organise your diary . If you had emailed her and got no joy then move on to another girl or try to re arrange with original girl another day there are plenty of options.-

it's not worth getting your pants in a twist or frustrated lol :-)))

my pants are always in a twist when i see you,bit i never leave frustrated :D

my pants are always in a twist when i see you,bit i never leave frustrated :D

Lol Clarky :-))) xxxx

Also a popular girl is popular for a reason, so is bound to be busy. pretty obvious it would take a little planning on your part to see her. Organise your diary . If you had emailed her and got no joy then move on to another girl or try to re arrange with original girl another day there are plenty of options.-

it's not worth getting your pants in a twist or frustrated lol :-)))

You are wilfully misinterpreting what I say. There is plenty to get frustrated about.

My original post was a conciliatory one designed to illustrate my sympathy with girls when punters waste their time. However, when us punters complain, we evidently haven't done our research or it's in some way our fault. Well the girl I'm referring to posts on here! There is no excuse, no matter how busy you are, to just not get back to someone or keep them waiting for an answer for over 24 hours. Basically it's rude.

Incidentally my diary is the epitome of sound organisational planning, with a gantt chart illustrating slippage and measuring time against resources. I sync my diaries with my phone. I worked as a project manager and the consequences of the decisions I make affect swathes of customers, so I am very, very organised. I have to be.

I have now wasted two days trying to get a punt. Without wanting to sound mawkish, I have a disability, which when it surfaces means severely restricted mobility so I have to use crutches. Four weeks ago I turned up for a punt, which had been arranged for a week, struggled out of a cab and rang the bell. No answer. I ring. No answer. A half hour later when I'm in a taxi going home, I get a text saying, "Sorry I was busy. Can you do tomorrow?" Well no, it's taken several hours to get here and I don't feel terribly well. Now I have the stress of several hours travelling to return home, unseen. That's just one example. Essentially it's a real struggle and consequently my pants are permanently knotted due to being continually fucked about.

So you go LOL at me :-) Really funny isn't it?

You are wilfully misinterpreting what I say. There is plenty to get frustrated about.

My original post was a conciliatory one designed to illustrate my sympathy with girls when punters waste their time. However, when us punters complain, we evidently haven't done our research or it's in some way our fault. Well the girl I'm referring to posts on here! There is no excuse, no matter how busy you are, to just not get back to someone or keep them waiting for an answer for over 24 hours. Basically it's rude.

Incidentally my diary is the epitome of sound organisational planning, with a gantt chart illustrating slippage and measuring time against resources. I sync my diaries with my phone. I worked as a project manager and the consequences of the decisions I make affect swathes of customers, so I am very, very organised. I have to be.

I have now wasted two days trying to get a punt. Without wanting to sound mawkish, I have a disability, which when it surfaces means severely restricted mobility so I have to use crutches. Four weeks ago I turned up for a punt, which had been arranged for a week, struggled out of a cab and rang the bell. No answer. I ring. No answer. A half hour later when I'm in a taxi going home, I get a text saying, "Sorry I was busy. Can you do tomorrow?" Well no, it's taken several hours to get here and I don't feel terribly well. Now I have the stress of several hours travelling to return home, unseen. That's just one example. Essentially it's a real struggle and consequently my pants are permanently knotted due to being continually fucked about.

Its certainly not funny and those WGs that fuck punters about especially when a punt has been arranged and agreed deserve to be named and shamed which might, just might have an averse effect on their business and alerts other punters on here. Sorry to hear about this being fucked about. :)

I totally understand your frusration, and I agree that it is rude, unprofessional and down right annoying when you would not hear back from

a girl that you would like to make an appointement with. The only thing you can do is have patients and perservere if there is a particular girl you

want to see. If the girl is wasting time then only option is to move on.

I was unaware of any disability you have so please accept my apologies if you thought I would of said anything out of turn or mocking you- obviously

this was not the case so I am sorry. Yes I did say "Lol" as I think the best medicine for everything is a little laughter, humour in any instance in life

brings out the best in people (most of the time). Yes, you have a disability, but that does not stop you punting and your cock is in working order

so good for you. Well you must get a level of pleasure/enjoyment from punting when it is successful, goes your way. I don't say this lightly, and have full empathy, as I know it must be frustrating, annoying, time consuming, it would be no good to let the disability get the better of you.

It can not be easy having to make arrangements, faffing around in a taxi etc,.being let down at the last minute

but it happens to a lot of guys. Why do some guys have good luck with punts and others not ? is it down to the approach taken ?

Few things that I can come up with which may narrow things down, firstly this board is good for recommendations, so guys are good to ask for recs

and there may be plenty of threads for good girls in your area. Also when you see a wg that is ok, ask her if she has any recommendations for

girls that are your type etc,. if she is worth her salt she will come up with girls she may know that can recommend to you.

Try to pre arrange with a girl if you know your diary, if this is not the case, and you have no joy do a search on purple site- which guys

say is very effective. Then you can narrow it down to what you require. Even if you at a loose end one morning just tap in area/code that you require

and a whole list of girls will come up, maybe time consuming for what you want or looking for but I think it is a good effective way to get a booking

and also more chance of getting close to what you want. Just a little research can save you time, money and being pis**d off for not getting what you want.

Try and do a little research on a girl, most guys that just go rushing into punts simply look at a picture and think thats it. I see a few guys

that have seen bait and switch girls where they turn up and there is a different girl entirely. Look at feedback/reviews of a girl for decent

reviews/reports. If you are prepared to put a bit of time in to get what you require and are looking for. Also might be worth looking into

-if you can ever punt ahead on an ocassion so less likely chance of last minute booking/cancel. This is good for both parties.

When you say above that you got out of taxi and knocked on girls door, did you give her a quick text/call to double check appointement

was ok before you left home ? this would of saved the hassle of getting a taxi and travelling for hours etc,. If you had checked beforehand- then that

makes me think she can not of been a good wg/had good/much feedback or obviously unreliable, Or to be fair to the wg maybe she did have a good

excuse but it is not acceptable that she did not let you know beforehand to save your time.

I hope some of this helps WhilstNeroplays! xxxx

Your simplistic views surrounding such a complex problem are quite astounding. I shall try and deal with the points you raise.

I used my disability to illustrate the additional difficulties I face when making a booking. I don’t want anyone feeling sorry for me. I refrain from talking about it and I usually present as able bodied. It’s not a disability I’ve had from birth, it’s a worsening condition. The onset of rapid deterioration, the side effects from the treatment and the secondary conditions associated with this disease present numerous challenges. You make the assumption that my cock is in full working order. It’s not. Far from it. I don’t actually want sex, and even if I did my ability to achieve and sustain an erection is severely impaired due to aggressive medication.

Furthermore your well intentioned, but condescending, advice about research appears to be based upon the assumption that I am some kind of clueless dimwit. Again you weren’t to know, but my background includes the monitoring of clinical trials. Occasionally I still sit on an ethics committee to evaluate the suitability of academic research studies. As part of my job I used to review the protocol, assess the investigative team’s credentials, ensure compliance with the peer review process, scrutinise the suitability of the scientific methodology, verify appropriate funding sources, investigate sponsor responsibilities, approve the outcome measures and ascertain whether all statutory research permissions were obtained before approving a study. All of this demonstrates a significant experience with scientific research and its governance, so you can safely assume that I will have performed a robust risk analysis before committing to a punt.

In the example where I took a cab, I had confirmed the appointment the night before. I used to see the girl regularly until 18 months ago so she knows I have a disability but is unaware of my subsequent deterioration. Essentially she’s a very nice girl, just thoughtless, inconsiderate and self-obsessed. In a further development I tried to reschedule and we had made a tentative date for next week. I contacted her, to avoid any repetition of the aborted session; she’d forgotten and is currently 5000 miles away. In a shattering absence of self awareness she told me that she’s happy to see me when she returns. I’m so lucky.

You also tell me that I don’t need to make several appointments to get a successful punt then berate me for not having backup plans. I clarified my rationale in posts 12 and 15.

The girl who diverted her calls to voicemail and failed to communicate contacted me several hours ago. She couldn’t make today, she was busy. Can I rebook? Truly astonishing.

How you expect me not to swear is beyond my comprehension.