youveryniceman

"rescued" women have vanished

10 posts in this topic

The programme found that of the 255 women, 16 were deported, 36 returned home voluntarily and 37 accepted support as victims.

It said the remaining 166 rejected offers of support and have since disappeared.

Says it all really.......

Perhaps the Poppy Project should give £10,000 to each trafficked woman to get them out of debt bondage.

Perhaps the Poppy Project should give £10,000 to each trafficked woman to get them out of debt bondage.

What? Spend money on actually helping WGs rather than on propaganda and lobbying? You misunderstand Poppy's moral raison d'etre.

What? Spend money on actually helping WGs rather than on propaganda and lobbying? You misunderstand Poppy's moral raison d'etre.
Carberry's post may have been spoken in jest but not such a bad idea if you think about it.

Given that the Ministry of Justice funds Eaves to the tune of about £3.6M I believe, and therefore obviously has a lot of confidence in what the Poppy Project does and says, if you assume that all those 166 women who have disappeared are in debt bondage - and not former Russian states workers just here for the money - then to set aside £266K to pay that debt seems a small price to pay to get them out of misery.

None of this is surprising and continues to confirm my views on the likely true levels of trafficking.

Does anyone know what channel and what time tonight the programme is being broadcast ? The linked article from the Torygraph doesn't seem to mention it.

Looks like it was a snippet on More4 news programme yesterday and not recoverable via 4oD.

Irritating that a positive news story like this gets virtually no coverage when the false negative ones get the full treatment.

I really think that the news media have sold their souls to the satans of circulation and ratings.

Carberry's post may have been spoken in jest but not such a bad idea if you think about it.

Given that the Ministry of Justice funds Eaves to the tune of about £3.6M I believe, and therefore obviously has a lot of confidence in what the Poppy Project does and says, if you assume that all those 166 women who have disappeared are in debt bondage - and not former Russian states workers just here for the money - then to set aside £266K to pay that debt seems a small price to pay to get them out of misery.

In a way I agree with you, just as I think we might do better to buy up the Afghan opium crop than seek to destroy it. However, I fear another industry would be created and people would emerge seeking £10000 to pay of non-existent debt bonds....