Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
californiamassage

Am I At Risk Here?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm just started renting a massage room 2 days a week from another friend masseuse (it just happens to be a very convenient location and it's a beautiful treatment room). She's asian and has a few young asian girls doing "happy ending massages". She doesn't provide me any clients or makes any appointments for me. i'm just renting space, period.

Now.. I'm afraid of the legal situation as this (correct me if I'm wrong) would be considered a bordello (despite the fact there's no Full service or oral going on, but a happy ending which is still considered a sexual service). I know that asian places are highly targeted. I'm very concerned with the place getting busted. My question is: would I get arrested if the place gets busted? Would I get a caution or something in the lines?

(If this is the case I'm not staying)

Correct me if I am wrong but regardless of what services you provide, it is running a bordello that is illegal, not actually working in it?

Edited by MMM

If one or more ladies work from the same address, even on different days, it's a brothel so yes you could be arrested.

Have a look on saafe, or the legal section here, you should find the answer to your questions there

I'm very concerned with the place getting busted. My question is: would I get arrested if the place gets busted? Would I get a caution or something in the lines?

Yes, it's a brothel.

It is an offence for a person "to keep, or to manage, or act or assist in the management of, a brothel".

On the facts provided, it doesn't sound as though you're doing any of that.

You'll know better than I what the chances are of the police raiding the place. If the place is raided then I reckon that there's a fair chance that you could be arrested for brothel-keeping. Even without knowing your age and ethnicity myself, if the brothel is raided and you're at the premises with some asian girls then I think that the police probably have reasonable grounds of suspicion that you're involved in the running of the place. So even though you're clearly not involved in the running of the brothel there is a risk that you may well be arrested.

You'd only get a caution if you admitted guilt, the police offered it to you, and you agreed to accept it.

as an alien you would probably get deported and would have difficulty getting a visa again.

why not rent a hotel room on the days you work? no risk there.