Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mega

brothels raided in Yorkshire

7 posts in this topic

And in the meantime paedophiles, muggers and drug dealers are wandering around without a care !!

Hmmmm. Looks like West Yorkshire Police are on a roll and more parlours will be hit. Could be safer with indies?

The raids attract publicity for what they believe are the right reasons, and keeps some sections of the community happy, yet they seem to avoid the crack dens and other dope pushers lurking on sink estates.

Interesting what each force/local commander will tolerate.

Personally, I'd like to see the priorities being changed to include druggies first (as they tend to target young teenagers), terrorists, people traffickers, illegal immigrants, benefit cheats, and then habitual burglars.

When I read this thread this morning my first reaction was to go straight to the field reports and found many that said what a nice place this was (I've never bin) and I thought oh have they nothing better to do.

Then when I read the article as met012 points out it's mainly about illegal immigration and money laundering. If the establishment concerned is letting girls whom should not be here work there and the girls and/or establishment are not paying taxes or laundering money from other sources then when the uk border agency and/or police move in as the law stands at the moment (however stupid and wrong that law is) they can't ignore it's a brothel however tolerant (or not) they may be.

If this is the start of a major clampdown more will follow but if at other establishments no illegal's, no drugs, no money laundering with the ladies happy to be there imho this will be VERY unpopular with so much other REAL crime going on and so won't happen.

More information will probably later emerge that shows why this happened and why this establishment.

Oh and of course the media LOVE anything to do with sex (it sells), so the headline had to be "brothel raided" and not" money laundering site raided".

I notice that none of posters make reference to the local resident who is glad the brothel was shut down.

We have to face the fact that most 'ordinary' people do not like brothels operating near them, even if the users of such establishments believe that no harm is being done.

As has been stated ad nauseum on this site , brothels are unlawful.

Its fair enought to critisise the authorities when some brothels are tolerated and others are not, but that is because of the variations in local political, policing, and media priorities.

I knew the place.Quite a decent set up to be honest.

But note the nationalities mentioned in the article.Seems as though if you employ a foreigner in any capacity,you are a target.

In my local town,a new parlour has just opened.The owner,an ex WG,will not even take on a cleaner if shes not British........