Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arsenalite

Sheila Farmer To Stand Trial For Brothel-keeping On Monday 5 September At Croydon Crown Court

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Was doin some research today, tryin to locate or get some information on a place I used to visit in Bromley (SE London/Kent) called Dollies. Which lead me to this:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2011/07/482412.html

Here it says the trial has been delayed to the 9th of September: http://www.iusw.org/2011/09/sheila-farmers-case-delayed-again/

I've reason to believe that the establishment Sheila Farmer ran was in fact Dollies of Bromley, which had been in Bromley for at least 5 years or so. Dollies also had a sister location in Purley, goin by the name of Red Hot Divas. I'd visited both, many times and it's really shocked me readin this. Both locations I visited were no way your obvious parlour location (ie above shops etc). Both were in great residential properties. I'd never visited and felt that it was obvious as to what I was about to do, although I do like to be discreet.

One of the girls I used to see at Dollies, who was like a semi-regular punt of mine, me and her used to have a good old gossip and we became quite friendly and trustin of one another. We were havin a chat one day and she mentioned how another punter was askin her if she was bein forced etc, laughin about it, like. Although, I think all us punters do wonder and use our own judgement. Our chat developed and she explained about the establishment and how they are very careful, how they infact have a colour bar against black males. I was intrigued and she explained how a few times over the years the place had been targeted by robbers, who did happen to be black, hence the colour bar. She herself had been attacked more than once. Physically, not sexually. Horrible. Just plain horrible. Now I read this article about Sheila Farmer, her current plight and the violence and assaults she suffered over the years and it just makes me a bit sad to be honest and angry. The law bein that if she works alone from her property, that's fine, but if she works with another girl, then it becomes a criminal offence? "I believe strongly that women working as we were should be left alone. The laws are antiquated. I was earning money to pay for my cancer treatment. This moral crusade is making criminals out of women like me." she says. I couldn't have put it any better.

This trial is on yet another delay and didnt start yesterday as suggested. She is due at Croydon Crown Court but Im advised they are on a 1 week warned list and a new date has yet to be suggested... possibly in a week or two's time. She is being defended by Hodge Jones & Allen and her barister is Ann Morris... she has the best possible defence team for the job and everyone is praying for a posative outcome

Hello all,

Was doin some research today, tryin to locate or get some information on a place I used to visit in Bromley (SE London/Kent) called Dollies. Which lead me to this:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2011/07/482412.html

Here it says the trial has been delayed to the 9th of September: http://www.iusw.org/2011/09/sheila-farmers-case-delayed-again/

I've reason to believe that the establishment Sheila Farmer ran was in fact Dollies of Bromley, which had been in Bromley for at least 5 years or so. Dollies also had a sister location in Purley, goin by the name of Red Hot Divas. I'd visited both, many times and it's really shocked me readin this. Both locations I visited were no way your obvious parlour location (ie above shops etc). Both were in great residential properties. I'd never visited and felt that it was obvious as to what I was about to do, although I do like to be discreet.

One of the girls I used to see at Dollies, who was like a semi-regular punt of mine, me and her used to have a good old gossip and we became quite friendly and trustin of one another. We were havin a chat one day and she mentioned how another punter was askin her if she was bein forced etc, laughin about it, like. Although, I think all us punters do wonder and use our own judgement. Our chat developed and she explained about the establishment and how they are very careful, how they infact have a colour bar against black males. I was intrigued and she explained how a few times over the years the place had been targeted by robbers, who did happen to be black, hence the colour bar. She herself had been attacked more than once. Physically, not sexually. Horrible. Just plain horrible. Now I read this article about Sheila Farmer, her current plight and the violence and assaults she suffered over the years and it just makes me a bit sad to be honest and angry. The law bein that if she works alone from her property, that's fine, but if she works with another girl, then it becomes a criminal offence? "I believe strongly that women working as we were should be left alone. The laws are antiquated. I was earning money to pay for my cancer treatment. This moral crusade is making criminals out of women like me." she says. I couldn't have put it any better.

There was a similar thing hapened to a massage place in newcastle in the 1990s. It was the only massage parlor allowed to stay open by the police, in blandford square in the city centre. It was there many years, 95% mature young lasses (all British). One day a group of asians came in and robbed them, were very serious about closing them down (a few gangs had tried this before, but this time the level of violence was much greater). Lisa closed it down to my great disapointment. The place was largely massage and HR, though some lasses would give BJ/Sex. The place was in commercial premises, run like a family business and did no harm whatsoever.

Luckily Lisa wasn't taken to court but the risks some of these lasses put themselves in demonstrates there needs to be some form of legalisation to protect the establishments who are managed correctly. The fact that Newcastle plod allowed them to be open many years is a testament to that.

The next thing I know a load of crappy flats open with young lasses in all over newcastle and advertise in the sport......not good. The police should target those professional criminals organising the flats, instead of raiding the odd chinese medicine shop for a bit of publicity.

Seein as a poster has shared a YouTube video of Sheila Farmer at the SlutWalk rally, I thought I'd just ask out loud if anybody (maybe SashaB) has any info on Sheila's trial. Has it even got underway? I hope the whole charade got thrown out of court and she's away to battle her cancer freely and to have the chance to get on with her life.

I expect not, there would have been some news about the trial. I will try and confirm this. On aside I wrote and complained to the CPS and received the usual shit answere that it was in the public interest Blah Blah I hope you all have written in and complained.

Last time I spoke to Nigel they were still awaiting a new date. Each week they have to wait to see if it gets listed for a new date and to the best of my knowledge it hasnt yet. Im back in court Wednesday so should be able to confirm after that... the only thing I can confirm is that the case is still going ahead as far as the CPS are concerned

Well its official Im not just broke Im berasic! No allowance in POCA for tax so have taken every penny I own and left me with a 15k tax bill!

That aside Sheila is listed for trial on January 3rd (will have to confirm specific date as thats a Tuesday and had expecyted a Monday). I understand that this is now a fixed date rather than just listed so she will be going to Croydon Crown Court that week. I for 1 will be there, hope lots of other supporters will be too