Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benburg

The Godfather

7 posts in this topic

Checked and posted a couple of FRs for the first time in ages and had a peek at the stats page.

Recall that the Godfather was a prolific FR author, spending big money on a regular basis and along with Tim was always the No 1 FR author ever since I joined p'Net. Alas its been nearly 2 years since his last FR. Another prolific author "Belivedahype" is also verging on 2 years without a FR. They're the only 2 in the Top 10 without a FR this year and indeed 2010.

Where has he gone? Retired, found love, emigrated, ill or worse?

Guess with WGs word gets round that they're not working anymore. But with punters, very few of us know each other socially outside PN so it remains a bit of a mystery when someone is no longer around......

Well theres alot of anonymity for punters when punting.

Some may have just moved on and not punting anymore.

Or maybe punting but cant be bothered with FR writing or posting on forums.

But thats the way it is. Was thinking about this the other day. Yknow if I was hit by a bus or something and killed. No one would ever know about it. Id just vanish. And only forum post and FRs would remain....

Kinda sad.

But unless you dont want to be anonymous and want people knowing who you are outside punting, thats not likely to change....

Yes - probably emerging from a punt and found a horses head on the back seat of his Cayenne!

He did you use to do a lot of FRs on the women he used to see, perhaps now he sleeps with fish.

He did you use to do a lot of FRs on the women he used to see, perhaps now he sleeps with fish.

Like Troy McClure?

Checked and posted a couple of FRs for the first time in ages and had a peek at the stats page.

Recall that the Godfather was a prolific FR author, spending big money on a regular basis and along with Tim was always the No 1 FR author ever since I joined p'Net. Alas its been nearly 2 years since his last FR. Another prolific author "Belivedahype" is also verging on 2 years without a FR. They're the only 2 in the Top 10 without a FR this year and indeed 2010.

Guess with WGs word gets round that they're not working anymore. But with punters, very few of us know each other socially outside PN so it remains a bit of a mystery when someone is no longer around......

No idea what has happened to him but he saved me wasting my time on a particular WG that mucked him around so i owe him my thanks.

Peter Pecker is not reporting anymore due to illness i believe which he mentioned in a FR i recall, but a number of prolific FR authors are members on here as well including COLL assuming its the same COLL, Confusious and Jerboa to name but three so its great to have such experienced punters on here in my opinion. :)

Yes - probably emerging from a punt and found a horses head on the back seat of his Cayenne!

That can't be right - he had upgraded to a Bentley!!

Actually reading his last FR http://www.punternet.com/frs/fr_view.php?recnum=93273 may give a clue. There were a couple of suspicious characters eyeing up his new motor. Or at least that is what he thought. Perhaps it was more sinister - after all his last punt was with a Russian in Chelsea.

But seriously, hope he's doing well. Guess another scenario is that his wife/gf found out about his antics and he had to give up to save his relationship. And nbad news re Peter Pecker - hope he can return a rejuvenated man.