Irgendeiner

Harriet is off again!

16 posts in this topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8263284.stm

Boredom, happily, does not trouble our Hattie. I wonder how long this one will amuse her for, and, indeed, whether the Chancellor will run to do her bidding?

Comments on the Evening Standard's Board suggest that she is as ignorant ot tax law as she is of human sexuality

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23745823-details/Harriet+Harman+to+pole-axe+sexpenses/article.do

The Treasury has now confirmed Mad Hattie Harperson's consumate ignorance http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8264046.stm. Or, in political language, have said that she is 'misinformed'.

It is a shame that the Home Office lacked the guts to tell she was misinformed when she was asserting that 70% of WGs were forced.

Once again she proves she's mad as a box of frogs. ;)

B

The upside is that the more she comes out with ignorant crap like this, the more obvious it is that she is completely unreliable! It shows up her, and her 'cause', for the ill-informed, bigoted, dogmatic pile of lies that it is - all of which will affect the already miniscule chances of her and her party getting re-elected.

So, with a little luck and a fair wind, all of her proposals will be quietly dropped under the next administration. :D

The upside is that the more she comes out with ignorant crap like this, the more obvious it is that she is completely unreliable! It shows up her, and her 'cause', for the ill-informed, bigoted, dogmatic pile of lies that it is - all of which will affect the already miniscule chances of her and her party getting re-elected.

I don't think she's really that bothered about Labour getting re-elected - rather, she wants to become Labour leader so that she can settle some scores with the Blairites.

This sort of stuff plays well to her potential supporters.

Journalist and business woman Heather McGregor lays into Harriet in a comment piece in today's Observer, arguing that 'Inequality in the workplace has far deeper roots than a few girls taking off their clothes in bars with overpriced drinks, and it is disingenuous to suggest otherwise'.

She also provides the best line in today's paper: 'If the client wants to go lap dancing, then why not? I occasionally wish I had clients who wanted to go lap dancing. It would be a welcome relief from Wagner'.

It's all here: I do wish people would lay off lap dancing

B

her mention of Wagner struck a good note.

Since women have been allowed on stage, there has been a connection between that and paid sex.

16th cent actresses & theatre orange sellers - opera dancers in the 18th cent - the chorus (boys & girls) in the 20th - "resting" actresses in any

what's different about lap-dancing - just more obvious?

When one considers the stories of the stars who made it via the casting couch whou used who?

I don't think she's really that bothered about Labour getting re-elected - rather, she wants to become Labour leader so that she can settle some scores with the Blairites.

This sort of stuff plays well to her potential supporters.

I may get shot for this but I feel sorry for her. I'm probably wrong but I can't think of many that do go on to lead the country. For eg When Blair went so did Prescot. When Maggie resigned it was Major who replaced her. If anything it is the Chancellor, Darling who probably may end in the driving seat. After all isn't she getting on a bit. She may even defect to the Conservatives or the Lords!

I may get shot for this but I feel sorry for her.

We won't do that, but I think such a revisionist reading of Scatty Hattie requires a bit more input from you before we'll be willing to go along with you.

I may get shot for this but I feel sorry for her. I'm probably wrong but I can't think of many that do go on to lead the country.

No, I don't think even she believes she will make PM, but I think she is positioning herself for Leader Of The Opposition. Assuming Labour get more seats than the Lib Dems :D

I would have thought that with UK elections looming that Harriet and the Labour Party would need the press on their side. Which is why it's surprising that she's taking on the UK's most popular daily papers at this time and telling them to ban pictures of boobs. She's not likely to ingratiate herself with them.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2657444/Harriet-Harman-ban-boob-bid.html

I may get shot for this but I feel sorry for her. I'm probably wrong but I can't think of many that do go on to lead the country. For eg When Blair went so did Prescot. When Maggie resigned it was Major who replaced her. If anything it is the Chancellor, Darling who probably may end in the driving seat. After all isn't she getting on a bit. She may even defect to the Conservatives or the Lords!

The position of 'Deputy Leader' in the Labour Party does not mean 'heir-apparent'. It is a mere honorific, originally created for Herbert Morrison when he failed to become Leader.

I apologise to all members of punternet for the deep offense caused by my original post. Events this week have demonstrated I was wrong to make such a post. I am truly sorry.:D

She's not likely to ingratiate herself with them

I kinda think they were already a lost cause. So tactically it makes sense to portray them to her supporters as "the enemy"; I say it again, she knows what she is doing, when it comes to advancing her career.