Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
porker paul

Touting By Blanket E-mail

20 posts in this topic

I received an e-mail today from a lady I have recently visited. Clearly it has been sent to her entire contact list and contains a series of "bargain" offers for the next 6 weeks or so. This sounds like a desperate attempt to drum up business in these straightened times. Do many others receive such mails, and am I right in my supposition?

I received an e-mail today from a lady I have recently visited. Clearly it has been sent to her entire contact list and contains a series of "bargain" offers for the next 6 weeks or so. This sounds like a desperate attempt to drum up business in these straightened times. Do many others receive such mails, and am I right in my supposition?

I never book by email so WGs dont have my contact details but i have received the odd text. It always ensures i dont book them again as it shows they arent discreet which is what i require. The texts have usually offered a special price so your supposition is correct in my experience. I would say when companies contact me by phone out of the blue off is usually the second word of my reply, i dont respond to texts. :)

Desperate or making use of marketing strategy?

Email marketing campaigns work for other business's why not the whoring one>>?

Maybe times are a little slow for her just now and wants to make the most of it by offering deals to get people in at slow times?

I wouldn't have any problems with such emails, provided the girl is "email savvy" and does not put everyone in her address book into the "To" list and thereby revealing all the email addresses to everyone!

I wouldn't have any problems with such emails, provided the girl is "email savvy" and does not put everyone in her address book into the "To" list and thereby revealing all the email addresses to everyone!

That's a chilling thought.

Maybe times are a little slow for her just now and wants to make the most of it by offering deals to get people in at slow times?

The difference is though if Tesco email you it really doesnt matter if your partner or other family members read the email, an email from a WG could ruin your life if its read by your family. :)

Edited by smiths

That's a chilling thought.

I wonder how the list would look;

john9inch@tesco.com

john9inch@virgin.com

john9inch@talktalk.com

john9inch@bt.com

john9inch@plusnet.com

john9inch@yahoo.com

john9inch@gmail.com

john9inch@hotmail.com

:rolleyes:

The difference is though if Tesco email you it really doesnt matter if your partner or other family members read the email, an email from a WG could ruin your life if its read by your family. :)

That's why you should have a totally separate mail account for punting.

Well it is no different to you making bookings via text, I presume you have a separate punting phone/sim - same should be for emails.

Although some people that use their work emails whether they work for Tesco of the Government are asking for trouble, I used to work in the IT department of a very large firm and the network administrators used to have filters on certain words/phrases and read all emails that contained them before passing them over to department heads.

Well it is no different to you making bookings via text, I presume you have a separate punting phone/sim - same should be for emails.

Although some people that use their work emails whether they work for Tesco of the Government are asking for trouble, I used to work in the IT department of a very large firm and the network administrators used to have filters on certain words/phrases and read all emails that contained them before passing them over to department heads.

I do Sabrina but as has been shown by posts on here over the years many punters on here dont so if thats at all representative of punters as a whole then many dont. There are many unsavvy punters about. Some said they were unable to hide punting sim cards even though they are tiny or would forget to change them so prefer to use their normal sim and/or phone. With a text i wouldnt leave my phone behind so would delete the text immediately, getting to a computer to delete an email might not be so easy for some giving a longer time for an email to be seen by family. If the punter hasnt agreed to be emailed after the punt then that shouldnt happen anyway in my view. To me its unprofessional as punting requires discretion as one slip up can have drastic consequences. :)

Edited by smiths

I was sent a Happy Xmas email by a girl I hadn't even seen - merely made an enquiry too. Unfortunately she also CC'ed about a hundred other people.

I use an alias, so no problems - but there were people with work emails etc. Thought that was pretty poor form.

That's why you should have a totally separate mail account for punting.

I agree of course as its the smart thing to do but just reading this forum tells me how many punters are unsavvy so god knows how many punters in all are. As i said one slip and that could be your partner and family gone for ever. When i punt with a WG i expect discretion as its part of the deal so i wouldnt and dont appreciate that discretion not being observed. :)

I was sent a Happy Xmas email by a girl I hadn't even seen - merely made an enquiry too. Unfortunately she also CC'ed about a hundred other people.

I use an alias, so no problems - but there were people with work emails etc. Thought that was pretty poor form.

The amount of people who don't know about BCCing their emails is ridiculous, my sister often mails me 'funny' emails and I get a list of all the others she's she's sent it to, I've told her plenty of times before to BCC it. If a bloke in a relationship doesn't have a separate mail account for punting he's very stupid, most are totally free.

At least an unwanted email could be passed off as Spam if discovered (which it kind if is) - not so easy with texts.

I wonder how the list would look;

john9inch@tesco.com

john9inch@virgin.com

john9inch@talktalk.com

john9inch@bt.com

john9inch@plusnet.com

john9inch@yahoo.com

john9inch@gmail.com

john9inch@hotmail.com

:rolleyes:

If you catered for clients with a small penis I suppose it would.

If you catered for clients with a small penis I suppose it would.

I'm assured by the ladies I see that we all have large cocks :D

I'm assured by the ladies I see that we all have large cocks :D

The ladies I see all assure me that everyone else is, at best, average and I alone am "Mr Big". :D

Of course they may mean that I am actually just a big cock :/

Agreed, so long as the punter has consented to receive emails. I usually contact ladies for the first time via email (my punting email address) and rarely receive any other emails outside of the conversation about making a booking.

How many WGs comply with the Data Protection Act? ;)

Agreed, so long as the punter has consented to receive emails. I usually contact ladies for the first time via email (my punting email address) and rarely receive any other emails outside of the conversation about making a booking.

I would not know HOW to ssend blanket emails. I don't have public liability, so don't slip and fall in the shower either !

If the punter has consented then thats a totally different scenario to the premise given in this thread by some where its out of the blue that was being mentioned. Clearly with consent isnt a problem, without consent certainly is in my opinion and is both indiscreet and unprofessional. :)