Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Irgendeiner

Toys 'r Us & Poca

10 posts in this topic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8760023/Toys-R-Us-director-paid-prostitute-20000-a-week.html

I don't think this is a new story - just the POCA hearing? In this case, I'm afraid, I don't have over much sympathy with the lady and those she shared her good fortune with...

Mr Iheanacho was warned by the judge about possibly incriminating himself as he admitted he knew about his wife's occupation. It is a criminal offence to make a financial gain from prostitution.

erm, no it isn't. It's only a criminal offence if you have control (influence) over her prostitution. Is this judge incompetent, or is the telegraph being slightly inaccurate in it's reporting or what?

Edited by punter992005

Judges make all sorts of threats. Im currently under threat of contempt of court because some of our files were not submitted on time. The fact that we were unable to submit the files because the evidence required to do so was still being held by the police apparently irrelivent. The barister made comment after the proceedings about several "comments" she had made.

In my limited opinion they just like to make themselves sound scary and serious threats can be part of that. They dont always have the power to enforce thier threats, but it would be a braver woman than me that chose to test that fact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8760023/Toys-R-Us-director-paid-prostitute-20000-a-week.html

I don't think this is a new story - just the POCA hearing? In this case, I'm afraid, I don't have over much sympathy with the lady and those she shared her good fortune with...

This man bought the lady a £132,000 Bentley Continental after she told him "every girl wants a Bentley". Having seen the picture of her I'm incredulous anyway. I don't think anyone can have any sympathy with this lady and her family.

PS In my book "every girl wants a Reliant" - I do have one spare for any young lady who'd like to offer me their undivided services for a week!

This man bought the lady a £132,000 Bentley Continental after she told him "every girl wants a Bentley". Having seen the picture of her I'm incredulous anyway. I don't think anyone can have any sympathy with this lady and her family.

PS In my book "every girl wants a Reliant" - I do have one spare for any young lady who'd like to offer me their undivided services for a week!

When you say anyone i do so its not anyone. This idiot splashed this cash on her saying he was rich, if that had been a woman doing the same with me in exchange for me shagging her i would be happily lapping it up and not bothered where the cash came from. He is solely responsible in my opinion and due to nosey neighbours this WG gets drawn into it. She is very unlucky, he is an utter criminal twat who will hopefully get the other 10 years added to his 7. :)

When you say anyone i do so its not anyone. This idiot splashed this cash on her saying he was rich, if that had been a woman doing the same with me in exchange for me shagging her i would be happily lapping it up and not bothered where the cash came from. He is solely responsible in my opinion and due to nosey neighbours this WG gets drawn into it. She is very unlucky, he is an utter criminal twat who will hopefully get the other 10 years added to his 7. :)

This is the bit that confused me too, but I'll admit to not having read the article properly. If he gave her this money, then why is it being seized back?Does this mean we have to check that all monies are given willingly, and not the proceeds of some fraud or other?

This is the bit that confused me too, but I'll admit to not having read the article properly. If he gave her this money, then why is it being seized back?Does this mean we have to check that all monies are given willingly, and not the proceeds of some fraud or other?

Proceeds of crime can be recovered except where they were paid for genuine services rendered.....for example if you used some of the money to pay back a credit card they couldn't get the money back from the credit card company. Or if you paid the money for a new kitchen they couldn't get the kitchen supplier to return the money, although they could seize the kitchen itself if that was deemed practical. The point is that it has to be a reasonable fee for a genuine service - I can't remember the exact legal term they use in POCA, but that is what it amounts to.

The problem that this lady appears to have hit is that the fees he effectively paid her were far more than she would actually have charged - she may not have had a fixed weekly rate, but I would imagine her overnight rate would have been around 800, so let's say 1200 for the day - so maybe 5000-6000 for a week would be a fair rate. She was receiving 4 times this amount, so most of the money was considered to be a gift and therefore not covered by the "payment for work" exception. Had her fees been explicitly in the region of 20K per week for exclusive 24/7 access to her, then I'm guessing that she would have been OK. Or if his payments had been in the low thousands per week they might have struggled to get the judgment.

I don't think you or anyone else really needs to worry. If a client turns up and asks for an overnight, or whatever, then so long as he's paying your genuine going rate you'd be in the clear. They were only able to seize this money by classifying a large portion to be a gift. Even then I don't think they'd go after 3rd parties unless they were very significant amounts, as in this case.

Edited by punter992005

If he had just paid her generously for services rendered, and she had not been so stupid as to splash the cash around, attracting attention from jealous neighbours, she might have got away with hanging on to a sensible amount of money.

It was her rampant greed that brought her down, and quite rightly too.