Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sarah Summers

Blackberry Curve Has Stopped Working

14 posts in this topic

and a blank screen. I have taken the battery out (well my son did) and replaced it to no avail. Anyone an expert on these things? I'll be honest I don't even know how to switch the darn thing on. I am the most untechnical person you will ever meet. Please help!

Sounds like your son has performed a hard reset which normally should work. What happened shortly before it stopped working? Was it working OK and suddenly stopped?

You could try one of the BB (not bareback!) forums like crackberry.com for advice.

Sounds like your son has performed a hard reset which normally should work. What happened shortly before it stopped working? Was it working OK and suddenly stopped?

You could try one of the BB (not bareback!) forums like crackberry.com for advice.

My son borows it all the time. I think the battery ran out :(

The maxiumum charge that rechargeable batteries can hold will gradually decline over time and you might need to replace the battery perhaps.

The maxiumum charge that rechargeable batteries can hold will gradually decline over time and you might need to replace the battery perhaps.

Bloody hell....... I've only had it about three months!

I'll take it in to the Orange shop and let them sort it out

thanks !

I bought a spare battery for my camera yesterday - Nikon - £100, PSA Parts, £34!

Their literature claims that they can do compatible batteries for nigh on anything, although it doesn't mention telephones.

www.psaparts.co.uk , located in Merton, SW19 3UA.

(No, I have nothing whatever to do with them!)

Bloody hell....... I've only had it about three months!

I'll take it in to the Orange shop and let them sort it out

thanks !

Should still be under warranty then so hopefully they can fix or replace it.

you have tried plugging it in and charging for a few hours, obvious I know, but had to ask

sometimes phones get so low on charge that it takes a wee while for any signs of charging (esp if it usually displays a charging graphic on the screen)

you have tried plugging it in and charging for a few hours, obvious I know, but had to ask

sometimes phones get so low on charge that it takes a wee while for any signs of charging (esp if it usually displays a charging graphic on the screen)

Thanks for all the help folks ! It's working now. Seems the charger connected to my PC is faulty. Nowt wrong with my 'phone at all :)

Thanks for all the help folks ! It's working now. Seems the charger connected to my PC is faulty. Nowt wrong with my 'phone at all :)

Sarah, it used to be that a BlackBerry would not charge via a USB port unless the BlackBerry Desktop software was installed. I used to get a little "chering" icon but the power would not actually charge the battery.

This may not be the case with later the BlackBerry models.

Sarah, it used to be that a BlackBerry would not charge via a USB port unless the BlackBerry Desktop software was installed. I used to get a little "chering" icon but the power would not actually charge the battery.

This may not be the case with later the BlackBerry models.

you've also got the fact that a computer can normally only charge about half as fast as a mains charger.

you've also got the fact that a computer can normally only charge about half as fast as a mains charger.

You can buy mains chargers that uses the USB cable, it powers it up a lot quicker than via PC USB.

Edited by Strawberry

Perhaps it's time to change your son :D

Like a lot of the marketing hype, much of this stuff has not been thoroughly tested before being dumped on an unsuspecting public. Just take a look at cars - hundreds of reports of cracked 18 inch alloys on BMWs, doubtless caused by the rubbish run flat tyres with hard side walls; failure of the ABS computer on BM 3 series, Volvo S/V50, Seats, VWs, Audis and Skodas. The need to replace a tyre AND ALLOY on Toyota RAV 4 T 180s as only the dealers have the kit (another run flat 'success'...)

Sorry, I digress.

My boss had a Blackberry 9700 that died after 4 months use and would not charge/power on. Was replaced under warranty - but only after a frank exchange of views on a busy Saturday. Suggest if yours is newish, you see dealer, and dont take no for an answer - sale of goods act, mechantable quality, fit for purpose, etc. Alternatively, check its covered by insurance (house or mobile) and drop it in the bath or toilet. Problem solved.