Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gemma Harris

Prostitutes Are Like Footballs........

15 posts in this topic

Anyone see that Kemp on human trafficking last night?

I could have wept for some of these girls, it is absolutely disgusting.

A million miles away from my cosy little life, but I have to ask the questions........according to ditteny et al us 'happy hookers' take away from these poor wretched souls, their miserable existence for the sake of some blokes orgasms. Are we some way somehow contributing to the thought that woman can be bought and sold as commodities?

This side of the industry makes my skin crawl, some of these girls were seeing 7-20 guys a day, that is 7-20 guys that would know that what they do is tantamount to rape.

I gave up working for a year not so long ago after a client I had seen was stalking and preying with a tag team mate on some of the y0unger girls, what I saw and heard was enough for me to say enough is enough, I just could not get my head around that any client of mine was capable of such things.

I like to think that the guys that are left here after the misogynistic knobheads buggered off would be as horrified as I am to think that such things go on let alone take full advantage of cheap trafficked pussy!

The top four countries:

Nigeria

Lithuania

China

Thailand

S x

I could have wept for some of these girls, it is absolutely disgusting.

A million miles away from my cosy little life, but I have to ask the questions........according to ditteny et al us 'happy hookers' take away from these poor wretched souls, their miserable existence for the sake of some blokes orgasms. Are we some way somehow contributing to the thought that woman can be bought and sold as commodities?

This side of the industry makes my skin crawl, some of these girls were seeing 7-20 guys a day, that is 7-20 guys that would know that what they do is tantamount to rape.

I gave up working for a year not so long ago after a client I had seen was stalking and preying with a tag team mate on some of the y0unger girls, what I saw and heard was enough for me to say enough is enough, I just could not get my head around that any client of mine was capable of such things.

I like to think that the guys that are left here after the misogynistic knobheads buggered off would be as horrified as I am to think that such things go on let alone take full advantage of cheap trafficked pussy!

The top four countries:

Nigeria

Lithuania

China

Thailand

S x

Its utterly reprehensible to me, but we sadly have WGs over here from abroad on Bonds where they are in effect sex slaves having to punt with whoever to pay the Bond off which they voluntarily agree to so once paid off they hope they can get a better life for them and their families. I find this unacceptable and its been going on for years. We also have other WGs trafficked here although the governments figures have never been proved to be anywhere near the numbers actually rescued who are forced to become WGs and also WGs trafficked into particular insular communities to service men of that community.

Both men and women have been convicted of trafficking in recent times, and domestic slavery that sometimes includes sexual abuse is another problem that i have heard about more and more over the last couple of years, often with women as the abuser and the one being physically violent. All these people should receive very long prison sentences in my opinion and are scum. :)

Edited by smiths

It just scares me the sort of men who use girls like that who are so obviously being abused. Same with street workers who are clearly on drugs. It demonstrates something cruel and dark in human nature.

Unfortunately too many ignorant people in government, the media, and the general public think that trafficked/enslaved girls constitute the majority of the commercial sex scene, rather than the small percentage that it truly is.

When you catch a gang of criminals selling stolen motors, you don't react to that by closing down the Mercedes and Vauxhaull dealers. And yes, that is a perfectly valid analogy.

People need to be educated to where they understand that there really IS that much of a difference between the top and bottom of the scene, and that you won't stop the criminals by persecuting the upper end of the market. They have nothing in common with each other and a knee-jerk reaction is not going to accomplish anything. In fact, if you close down the legitimate businesses and independent ladies, then the criminals will flourish even more.

So yes, come down hard on the scumbags, but at the same time recognize that most of the scene isn't like that. Enacting NZ-style reforms would be a huge step in the right direction.

Well it was Ross Kemp he will not show that side as it is not sensational or shocking enough, you have the likes of Dr Brooke - love or hate the series it did A LOT for our end of the market and educating the public that prostitution is not all streetwalkers and drug pushing pimps.

I think the public are more on our side than we think....as long as it is not on their doorstep.

I am not sure that the punters will see NZ reforms in their favour though.

but you find one on another site (not just the purple one) how do you know if the girl is on a dodgy deal?

but you find one on another site (not just the purple one) how do you know if the girl is on a dodgy deal?

I don't think you would know until you get there, too many times you hear of bait and switch, didn't fancy the girl etc but the lil head ruled the big one, I would like to have faith that in this case the big one would rule the lil one, I am pretty sure it w0uld be 0bvious, but then again how many times do y9u hear that the girl was really not into it and you could tell did not want you there, how can you tell the difference between a bad provider and one that is there against their will?

Unfortunately too many ignorant people in government, the media, and the general public think that trafficked/enslaved girls constitute the majority of the commercial sex scene, rather than the small percentage that it truly is.

Too true.

It's a lazy and narrow-minded point of view, and it annoys me.

The top four countries:

Nigeria

LithuaniaChina

Thailand

S x

I cant see how the girls from Lithuania can be "trafficked", since the Lithuania part of EU.

Of course any girl, even from Uk can be locked, threatened, enslaved, etc, but that will be a "kidnapping" nothing to do with trafficking.

There are a 1000 facets of the sex industry, and I do wonder..why? .

I know that 'it is', (seems v. much to be, since...forever) but why would/should 'it be', or why is it so negative, considering that it's a pleasurable (and sometimes lucrative) entity?

Sex and money, what fun. Should be!

The 'double standard' borne from history is the root. The double standard can be clearly seen/understood if one reads history.

It may be 'tradition', but does that mean that what you have been told, is right/correct? It's illogical. You cannot prove it, but only have beliefs from earlier life teachings.

I have had sex with thousands of people, mostly men, (the parents would balk, esp trad dad) and I have mentally and physically loved every single one of them, at the time. I don't hold the illogical beliefs.

I despise the weak people who 'glamour' their egos with wrong behaviours, but recognise that they are fallible beings. They are in this world, this life too. I pity them, but it would be mentally healthier to not despise/pity. I should understand, (not accept) but recognise their human faults.

Because this area is an area filled with emotion/intimacy it juts out more, it will never be Utopia. But it could have been...(see the root of double standard again)

I cant see how the girls from Lithuania can be "trafficked", since the Lithuania part of EU.

Of course any girl, even from Uk can be locked, threatened, enslaved, etc, but that will be a "kidnapping" nothing to do with trafficking.

I seem to recall a recent post by one of the legal experts here (either Silverado or Irgendeiner) that trafficking in the legal sense has nothing to do with geography - one can be trafficked within the UK.

I think the public are more on our side than we think....as long as it is not on their doorstep.

I am not sure that the punters will see NZ reforms in their favour though.

I think you could well be right about public opinion there.

Continents, Countries, Counties - I really think it does not matter how far they are taken or where from.

Taken from the UNDC site:

What is Human Trafficking?

Article 3, paragraph (a) of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons defines Trafficking in Persons as the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs

When you catch a gang of criminals selling stolen motors, you don't react to that by closing down the Mercedes and Vauxhaull dealers. And yes, that is a perfectly valid analogy.

People need to be educated to where they understand that there really IS that much of a difference between the top and bottom of the scene, and that you won't stop the criminals by persecuting the upper end of the market. They have nothing in common with each other and a knee-jerk reaction is not going to accomplish anything. In fact, if you close down the legitimate businesses and independent ladies, then the criminals will flourish even more.

So yes, come down hard on the scumbags, but at the same time recognize that most of the scene isn't like that. Enacting NZ-style reforms would be a huge step in the right direction.

I have a house that has a chimney, possession of a chimney doesn't mean that I want or need small boys to climb up it and destroy their health so I can have a clean chimney. Pulling down chimneys was not the way that form of child abuse was ended.

Abuse in any labour market is best addressed by a mixture of legal constraints i.e. People under 18 can't operate dangerous machinery, and the granting of enforceable rights i.e. I can sue someone for breach of contract or for breaking health and safety rules.

I would much rather have the right to organise my work and life safely, than live in a grey sub-world where I am "protected" by laws that cast me as a "victim" of others.

I don't want to be robbed or raped or abused, and their are laws that already protect me from those abuses. However I do want to be able to take a taxi to an out call without the taxi driver possibly becoming a "sex trafficker" because he is transporting me somewhere to supply a sexual service.

I am told they was a time in London when single women were not allowed to go into bars, and this was done to protect them from being prostituted ! So then women had to rely on Male intermediaries to arrange their work. That was "protection" that actually institutionalised exploitation by men.

I seem to recall a recent post by one of the legal experts here (either Silverado or Irgendeiner) that trafficking in the legal sense has nothing to do with geography - one can be trafficked within the UK.

Trafficking is whatever people want it to be... Trafficking is used to attack and criminalise sex workers and sex work in the guise of offering protection to "innocent" women, but trafficking is really about reducing the mobility of the poor and desperate.

The UN protocol was specifically about transnational movement of exploited people, the protocol is part of the transnational crime convention, but "trafficking" is just a way to imprison whole populations of the poor with rules and regulations that are presented as protecting them but actually just create barriers to them reaching better labour markets. Trafficking law is about perpetuating two-tier labour markets and hiding disposable labour behind a fa├žade of artificial illegality as "illegal or vulnerable migrants".

What is interesting is the moral panic around the paid sexual access to women's bodies is used to frame laws that are actually most effective not against "pimps" but people who help refugees flee persecution, people who offer low-skilled jobs to the less skilled, sex working women who share facilities or help one another organise.

Don't talk about what "trafficking" is, ask what do "anti-trafficking" laws actually do and build back from those actual outcomes.