Philandros

What Is "bait And Switch"

13 posts in this topic

When you see a girl you think is a bit of a'right on a website (the bait) and when you get there it is someone totally different (switch) that rely on you being so horny you will stay

Hi what does this term mean please? :unsure:

Its where you see a profile of a WG like the look of her and it and book her for a punt. Upon arrival at the punt the WG isnt the one in the pictures you saw. So the bait is the WGs pictures and profile/phone call/text/email designed to get you to the punt and the switch is the actual WG you meet. The hope is you will stay and punt anyway thinking with your dick which all bad providers rely on.

Only once in my experience was the switch better than the bait, usually the switch/actually WG is not attractive to me so i leave nowadays, fortunately its a rare occurence in recent years in my punting. :)

Wikipedia describes it thus:

The goal of the bait-and-switch is to persuade buyers to purchase the substitute goods as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

Essentially it's a form of confidence trick or fraud.

(For example, you think you're buying the Statue of Liberty and end up with the Angel of the North :unsure:)

B

Wikipedia describes it thus:

The goal of the bait-and-switch is to persuade buyers to purchase the substitute goods as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

Essentially it's a form of confidence trick or fraud.

(For example, you think you're buying the Statue of Liberty and end up with the Angel of the North :unsure:)

B

nonsense. I bought the Statue of Liberty the last time I was in New York and the whole process was very above board and professional. They even urged me to pay cash and so avoide paying sales tax!

Hi what does this term mean please? :unsure:

It's when you see my website and decide to book me, and on the day - Pamela Anderson turns up instead. What a bummer :)

Cross pollination from another thread perhaps, but an example is when Chelsea think they buy Torres, but instead get a lookalike that couldn't hit a barn door from a couple of paces.

Photoshop is used so extensively these days it can be very hard to tell what the girl you though you were going to see actually looks like anyway................

Photoshop is used so extensively these days it can be very hard to tell what the girl you though you were going to see actually looks like anyway................

I agree... Pamela Anderson needs to check herself out :) :)

I agree... Pamela Anderson needs to check herself out :) :)

Are you hinting at some kind of arrangement between you and Pammy here B)

New field report 105776 details the sort of thing you can look forward to with bait&switch..

http://www.punternet.com/frs/fr_view.php?recnum=105776

In the end he had a good enough punt to recommend but no to return, only once in my experience has the switch been worth punting with, its apart from that been the case the switch was not someone i fancied. For me as i always have a plan B i really dont like being lied to so the switch would have to be amazing for me to stay and punt with her nowadays, and even if i did i would post a warning to other punters that Bait and Switch happened to me giving info on the WG i actually saw and the one advertised. :)