dick78

Meanwhile, On A Much Lighter Note....

25 posts in this topic

Had a great punt last night with a lovely lady who managed to, temporarily at least, assuage all my doubts about this lark and what I get from it.

But - and you knew there was going to be one - can anyone explain to me how, after a shower and shampoo this morning, washing up this morning, numerous handwashes after trips to the loo etc, there is still a pleasant but unmistakable scent on my fingers which really didn't ought to be there?

Had a great punt last night with a lovely lady who managed to, temporarily at least, assuage all my doubts about this lark and what I get from it.

But - and you knew there was going to be one - can anyone explain to me how, after a shower and shampoo this morning, washing up this morning, numerous handwashes after trips to the loo etc, there is still a pleasant but unmistakable scent on my fingers which really didn't ought to be there?

No there isn't one .... it's you wishful thinking :)

I shall not be putting your theory to the significant other test, thank you.

Or paranoia...

Or paranoia...

Now that is a possibility, I will admit.

But you'd be paranoid too if they were all out to get you.

Boom Boom.

Or paranoia...

Or a vivid imagination but, hey, thats pretty much the same thing isn't it.

This and a trick of your brain. Smells, emotions and memory are very closely related by the brains Limbic structure. In the same way smells can trigger memories, memories can trigger (phantom) smells.

Or a vivid imagination but, hey, thats pretty much the same thing isn't it.

I have one finger that I haven't washed since 'finger banging Susan Rotten Crotch' to misquote Full Metal Jacket 30 years ago. It never washes off...

I like to kepp the smell of a woman on my beard as long as I can, then before the Misses gets home, into the shower, I go.

Did you pick your nose on the way home ?

:D

there is still a pleasant but unmistakable scent on my fingers which really didn't ought to be there?

Maybe it's not on your fingers, but on your face near your nose? <_<

No, I did not. I was driving and very sensibly kept both hands on the wheel. Especially useful at the turning onto the south circular where a touch more lock was required to avoid the ambulance heading my way in the middle of the road. Now that would have been a hard one to explain.

Maybe it's not on your fingers, but on your face near your nose? <_<

Don't. Just don't.

Keep some scented hand sanatiser with you!

Lol its all in your mind, like Sarah says wishful thinking :-)

Shelly

I don't have a scientific explanation but agree it is possible

Or your bum? :blink:

Old Chinese proverb: go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with smelly finger.

"...there is still a pleasant but unmistakable scent on my fingers..."

That's why I use Andrex, it is much thicker than the other brands! :o

Or your bum? :blink:

Old Chinese proverb: go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with smelly finger.

I live in Kent. Of course, I didn't.

I live in Kent. Of course, I didn't.

Do people from Kent not scratch their bums then ? Well I never.

Here in Glasgow it's considered foreplay.

Do people from Kent not scratch their bums then ? Well I never.

Here in Glasgow it's considered foreplay.

unprintable reply deleted

Edited by dick78

This and a trick of your brain. Smells, emotions and memory are very closely related by the brains Limbic structure. In the same way smells can trigger memories, memories can trigger (phantom) smells.

I agree with this. Have had it before with simple things like chocolate cake, where I suddenly get a whiff of it days after, as well as with naughty thing like perfume or a lady's own unique scent. I don't think anyone could smell it but me - like there's a tiny bit trapped half way into my nose that I smell on an off for a few days, then it goes.

I always wear my Marigolds for punting, hence no problem! :blink:

Excellent to see neurobiology discussion here - indeed the limbic system is one of the most ancient deep brain structure that control emotion. Scent is one of the most powerful aphrodisiac for this reason. Those with a significant half will probably notice that the smell alone, in the right context, can get you a hard-on, even before she touches you.

Evolutionarily, this is very important for survival as if you are a caveman and lucky enough to escape a lion attack, the next time that fear or fight/flight/fright emotion will be immediately triggered if you smell the faintest hint of lion scent.

Although still unproven in human, one can see how pheromone (which is scentless chemical supposedly detected by the nose and also trigger the limbic system) works...

Its under your nails. Use a nail brush and cut your nails shorter.

Bonjela.

A little mouth ulcer started making its presence felt the day after so applied some of the above. Left to its own devices and not washed off the offending digit promptly, it does have some slight similarity to the scent to which I originall alluded.

So I am not imagining it all. Simply putting two and two together to make five..........................

Edited by dick78