Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carrie

Dumb Blonde Can't Add Reply On Iphone

9 posts in this topic

Use my IPhone via safari to view and post on the forum. When I want to add a reply to a post I can't scroll down to the bottom of the OPs post and then type my response. Help! Especially when I've just added a response with no text d'oh

If the problem is what i think it is, you need to use the "two fingered scroll"

Put two fingers next to each other and both in the reply post 'window' and move up and down together - you should find that that allows you to move the text up and down so you can navigate within embedded windows, and then add your text.

Hope this is the solution you are looking for.

The same technique works for iPads.

If the problem is what i think it is, you need to use the "two fingered scroll"

Put two fingers next to each other and both in the reply post 'window' and move up and down together - you should find that that allows you to move the text up and down so you can navigate within embedded windows, and then add your text.

Hope this is the solution you are looking for.

The same technique works for iPads.

It worked - thanks!

Use my IPhone via safari to view and post on the forum. When I want to add a reply to a post I can't scroll down to the bottom of the OPs post and then type my response. Help! Especially when I've just added a response with no text d'oh

There are some people for whom modern technology is simply too much. I am one of them, and so, it would seem, is Carrie :D

Yep but I don't like my iPhone much prefer my old Blacberry.

Yep but I don't like my iPhone much prefer my old Blacberry.

I predominantly view and post to P/Net on my iPhone. Great but I do occasionally make silly typos that I don't notice on the small scren,

DG

Edited by Diamond Geezer

Had some issues on this forum with IPhone and Android. Not sure why

There's a choice if I remember correctly to use either the full desktop safari version (which I do, setting a bookmark on my iPhone for it) or the slimmed down 'mobile' version. As you gather, I prefer the full screen version. But there again not many forums offer the full iPhone compatibility and the apps will no doubt improve in time as more forums include the ability to use forum apps.

When I first got my first iPhone I was almost ready to ditch it after a week (transferring from a Nokia symbian smartphone). But you get used to it, just as you got used to the other operating system. There's a few free apps you can download with 'tips for iPhone' - these can get you up to speed on efficient use at a pleasant rate. Enjoy.

There's a choice if I remember correctly to use either the full desktop safari version (which I do, setting a bookmark on my iPhone for it) or the slimmed down 'mobile' version. As you gather, I prefer the full screen version. But there again not many forums offer the full iPhone compatibility and the apps will no doubt improve in time as more forums include the ability to use forum apps.

When I first got my first iPhone I was almost ready to ditch it after a week (transferring from a Nokia symbian smartphone). But you get used to it, just as you got used to the other operating system. There's a few free apps you can download with 'tips for iPhone' - these can get you up to speed on efficient use at a pleasant rate. Enjoy.

I use both mobile and full versions on the iPhone. Mobile is fine for reading and short posts but I'll switch to the full version for a longer post, mainly so I can use the preview function.

I also use an alternative browser for punting so I don't have to keep clearing my Safari history!