Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colonel Bonkers

Search Facilities

5 posts in this topic

Since Galahad is currently tinkering with the site, would it be possible to modify a feature of the search device? On two occasions I have been unable to find what I wanted (though I knew it was on the forum) because words of less than four letters are not accepted. And if the name of the place you are looking for has two words of 3 letters?

I'll second this. I had a similar problem to mr bloom searching for something recently (but can't remember what it was now, or what terms I was using).

Maybe 2 letters could be the cut off? Because then you can still search for "owo" or the many other sexual acronyms that seem to be 3 letters in length.

I have changed the search configuration to allow searching for words of 3 characters or more. This is an experiment; if it slows the forum down too much I will have to change it back.

I'll second this. I had a similar problem to mr bloom searching for something recently (but can't remember what it was now, or what terms I was using).

Maybe 2 letters could be the cut off? Because then you can still search for "owo" or the many other sexual acronyms that seem to be 3 letters in length.

Blimey, that's going to get you a lot of hits!

Thanks, Galahad.

Hopefully you can help, when I do a search and go into a topic and then come out it loses the search and I have to stert again, how can I stop this?