Diamond Geezer

Thwarted And Desperate For A Punt!

31 posts in this topic

I really envy some of you guys having the time or excuse to punt.

I was half hopeful of a punt yesterday afternoon but 30 mins before I was going to leave, her indoors started question if I really need to go "where I was going" (not Ikea lol). I know exactly how she works and had I proclaimed good reason to go yesterday instead of during the week with her she would have suspected something. Alas, brain ruled genitals and I denied myself a trip to MK.

Today, I've just received an advance notice kick in the nuts. A long planned exit strategy that would have given me a whole hour to spend freely in MK in a couple of weeks time has gone titz up. I'm mighty pissed off to say the least but there's no salvaging it.

I'm at the NEC late Nov and plan to visit Victoria House in Lutterworth on my way back, no idea if I'll get away before then!

Oh well, a mini rant. Anyone else here have massive difficulties getting a punt?

Would be so much easier if I had a regular job rather than working from my home office.

DG

Yes, punting life was easier when I was fully employed. My job took me all over Europe and the Middle East as well as all over the UK. Travel was often at short notice and the hours were totally irregular. Thus with a flexible approach to planning I could punt at will. Admittedly most of my punting was in the UK. It was easy to leave one place slightly early, arrive home slightly late, and blame the traffic etc.

Now retired excursions from home have to be planned in advance, but that's part of the fun of punting in my view.

My client today has had his flight cancelled, I feel your pain :(

Yes, punting life was easier when I was fully employed. My job took me all over Europe and the Middle East as well as all over the UK. Travel was often at short notice and the hours were totally irregular. Thus with a flexible approach to planning I could punt at will. Admittedly most of my punting was in the UK. It was easy to leave one place slightly early, arrive home slightly late, and blame the traffic etc.

Now retired excursions from home have to be planned in advance, but that's part of the fun of punting in my view.

A no phone signal too for when she tried calling you, shame!

My client today has had his flight cancelled, I feel your pain :(

I wish it was more than just my pain Miss Summers ;)

MK is bad enough for me (1 hr drive each way), Leeds and London would need a miracle for me.

DG

I really envy some of you guys having the time or excuse to punt. I was half hopeful of a punt yesterday afternoon but 30 mins before I was going to leave, her indoors started question if I really need to go "where I was going" (not Ikea lol). I know exactly how she works and had I proclaimed good reason to go yesterday instead of during the week with her she would have suspected something. Alas, brain ruled genitals and I denied myself a trip to MK. Today, I've just received an advance notice kick in the nuts. A long planned exit strategy that would have given me a whole hour to spend freely in MK in a couple of weeks time has gone titz up. I'm mighty pissed off to say the least but there's no salvaging it. I'm at the NEC late Nov and plan to visit Victoria House in Lutterworth on my way back, no idea if I'll get away before then! Oh well, a mini rant. Anyone else here have massive difficulties getting a punt? Would be so much easier if I had a regular job rather than working from my home office. DG

Sorry to hear about this DG. I can honestly say i have never had a problem finding the time punting when i was working or nowadays when retired whether i was in a relationship or not fortunately. :)

I really envy some of you guys having the time or excuse to punt.

I was half hopeful of a punt yesterday afternoon but 30 mins before I was going to leave, her indoors started question if I really need to go "where I was going" (not Ikea lol). I know exactly how she works and had I proclaimed good reason to go yesterday instead of during the week with her she would have suspected something. Alas, brain ruled genitals and I denied myself a trip to MK.

Today, I've just received an advance notice kick in the nuts. A long planned exit strategy that would have given me a whole hour to spend freely in MK in a couple of weeks time has gone titz up. I'm mighty pissed off to say the least but there's no salvaging it.

I'm at the NEC late Nov and plan to visit Victoria House in Lutterworth on my way back, no idea if I'll get away before then!

Oh well, a mini rant. Anyone else here have massive difficulties getting a punt?

Would be so much easier if I had a regular job rather than working from my home office.

DG

Do you play golf? Say you're going to hit some balls at the driving range, that should buy you an hour or so. It's one that's always worked for me.

Do you play golf? Say you're going to hit some balls at the driving range, that should buy you an hour or so. It's one that's always worked for me.

Good advice, my mate uses this excuse and in fact sometimes is playing golf before or after a punt so an hour here or there can be accounted for.:)

Edited by smiths

You shouldn't need an " excuse " just tell her you are going out. There's lots of places you could be going, football, gym, looking to buy some clothes, going for a drink , down to your club . Just be a man and not a doormat . Book a holiday on your own sometime, let her know you are not joined by an elastic band. You will get more respect also.

I don't golf but could start. that said, whatever my exit excuse I need about three hours for a 30 min punt in MK. Northampton is slightly easier but barron apart from wanting to see Charlize one day at La Rosa (also does MKE on Mondays).

You shouldn't need an " excuse " just tell her you are going out. There's lots of places you could be going, football, gym, looking to buy some clothes, going for a drink , down to your club . Just be a man and not a doormat . Book a holiday on your own sometime, let her know you are not joined by an elastic band. You will get more respect also.

Tell me about it! We're not joined with elastic, it's more like fucking super glue. Everywhere I go she's my shadow. :unsure:

I can just imagine her response to "I'm going on holiday - alone"! :mad: :mad: :mad:

DG

I don't golf but could start. that said, whatever my exit excuse I need about three hours for a 30 min punt in MK. Northampton is slightly easier but barron apart from wanting to see Charlize one day at La Rosa (also does MKE on Mondays). Tell me about it! We're not joined with elastic, it's more like fucking super glue. Everywhere I go she's my shadow. :unsure: I can just imagine her response to "I'm going on holiday - alone"! :mad: :mad: :mad: DG

An 18 hole round of golf if walking rather than using a buggy can easily take 3 hours, you even have the excuse of being a novice so it obviously takes longer to get round. ;)

Hi DG, you definitely need a hobby. Something that gets you out of the house for a several hours at a time.

How about photography? Landscapes , wildlife etc. You can even take a few snaps to show the OH when you get back.

You are obviously not married.

I have to agree with worldpunter. Mind you, 20 years of going on the missing list for three days at a time led to the inevitable divorce, so what do I know?

I have to agree with worldpunter. Mind you, 20 years of going on the missing list for three days at a time led to the inevitable divorce,

Just a couple more years to go then hopefully :)

DO they really get the hint after 20 years?

Tell her the truth - she probably wouldn't believe you!

Or she already knows and is making it extra difficult for you.

Tell her the truth - she probably wouldn't believe you!

Or she already knows and is making it extra difficult for you.

She doesn't have a clue, I know that much. She's a bit naive about such things and wouldn't think I'm "that sort" but certainly isn't shy at speaking her mind if she suspected.

As for telling her...... not a good idea.

DG

I knew a bloke, and we called his wife "The Shadow", because wherever he went and whatever he did, she wanted to be a part of it. They went through several different clubs and societies, and last I saw they were part of an English Civil War reenactment group, one where men and women could join and play distinct roles., but it wasn't just a blokes' club.

She doesn't have a clue, I know that much. She's a bit naive about such things and wouldn't think I'm "that sort" but certainly isn't shy at speaking her mind if she suspected.

As for telling her...... not a good idea.

DG

I didn't think my OH had it in him but he did.

I'm married and my wife doesn't keep me under the cosh like i've seen some fellas unfortunately live like. I can't quite fathom having to explain every single place i go to her.

I had similar couple of weeks ago, had some work appointments up north and was booked to fly but two apointements were not fixed. Considered booking one of the ladies I had researched for my free time but needed to get confirmation on my appointments.

Did not work out, did not confirm until the flight day, tried calling on the day and got through to both ladies at about lunchtime and both fully booked all afternoon, no chance to do more research away from home so finished up sitting in the airport for flight home money still in pocket.

Last time I made a dental appointment went a week early visited the lady of my choice and told the wife I needed some treatment a week later which was the check up, all ok but my story covered the money spent but can't do this one too often.

barnacle1

Not all married guys are joined at the hips to the missus! Luckily, mine pro-actively encourages me to take short breaks to catch up with friends/family, so 3-4 times a year I get to go away for 2-3 days. Sometimes I might combine that with a punt.

Business trips are definitely the best cover though. I will soon be making some occasional trips to the midlands which will entail passing close to MK - at last! :P

Yes. I know - I posted on this topic recently too.

It will happen now and again that your plans are ruined by the wife changing her mind at the last minute.

Nothing much to be done I'm afraid - just wait for the next chance.

What's really annoying is when you manage to punt and later that day the missus - who hasn't been near you for months - suddenly says "do you fancy fucking me this afternoon/evening". I usually exclaim "oh if only you'd said, I've tossed myself this morning - but I dont mind giving you a hand job?" Result usually a decline and another six months of being ignored.

What's really annoying is when you manage to punt and later that day the missus - who hasn't been near you for months - suddenly says "do you fancy fucking me this afternoon/evening".

Had that a few times, the night before I had a punt booked. Women! ;)

As far the the topic I've also had some problems, women's sixth sense something is up. The only way to deal with it is to abort the punt and sound like your really happy to do what they want. Often my OH will change her mind if I'm so agreeable to what she's asking. It's a test. YMMV.

What's really annoying is when you manage to punt and later that day the missus - who hasn't been near you for months - suddenly says "do you fancy fucking me this afternoon/evening". I usually exclaim "oh if only you'd said, I've tossed myself this morning - but I dont mind giving you a hand job?" Result usually a decline and another six months of being ignored.

I don't have that problem because she knows I'm not interested in shagging her anyway. She obviously thinks I'm now celibate but I've definitely been there for the last time.

Had that a few times, the night before I had a punt booked. Women! ;)

As far the the topic I've also had some problems, women's sixth sense something is up. The only way to deal with it is to abort the punt and sound like your really happy to do what they want. Often my OH will change her mind if I'm so agreeable to what she's asking. It's a test. YMMV.

Exactly, at the first sniff of an issue abort and sound pleased about it too. When she questioned me I knew a stout defence for going out wouldn't work so instead I said I was only going to show willing and couldn't really be arsed, the whole thing just passed smoothly (except my sexual tension).

Yes, she won but there's always another day.

Punting is my reward for winning at chess!

DG

Edited by Diamond Geezer