porker paul

Would You Cancel A Booking

16 posts in this topic

This is one for the ladies really.

Just suppose a guy called "John Smith" calls you to arrange a booking. All goes well on the phone and you agree to give him an appointment for a few days time. As he ends the call he says that he posts here under the name of, say, "fatjonny".

You come on line here and realise that "fatjonny" is a guy whose posts have annoyed you for their attitude to some things that matter to you.

Do you

a cancel the booking,

b take the issues up with him when he visits,

c ignore the whole thing and find that when you meet him he is a decent guy

Interested to hear what you would do.

I wouldn't cancel because someone had different views to me but I think I would think twice about seeing someone who was constantly rude in a nasty way on the board.

Shelly

Edited by adore1

As Shelly said, if it were a matter of a difference of opinion then no I wouldn't cancel. If I thought him rude or had a bad attitude to WG's then yes would cancel.

Just suppose a guy called "John Smith" calls you to arrange a booking. All goes well on the phone and you agree to give him an appointment for a few days time. As he ends the call he says that he posts here under the name of, say, "fatjonny".

You come on line here and realise that "fatjonny" is a guy whose posts have annoyed you for their attitude to some things that matter to you.

Do you

a cancel the booking,

It would depend upon what he had actually posted. It would have to be something really bad to put me off him, but I am reluctant to see 'names' anyway - especially 'names' who write reviews.

Do you

a cancel the booking,

I would go right ahead. Some of my favourite regular friends are people I have locked horns with here ( and the punterlink forum) in the past. Text jousting means nothing to me unless I detect an agenda, and unless the poster was an obvious absolute idiot - as a few undoubtedly are- Then I would have no compunction in seeing someone who has annoyed/argued/ verbally wrestled with me.

I am aware of the possibilities of the false appointment in revenge for a textual drubbing, or the red herring emails obviously designed to trip one or put words into ones mouth, but there always seems to be a little give away.

Besides it can be very empowering to bring up a former heated point of discussion whilst one has the critics balls in ones hand. :huh:

I'll admit to getting a little nervous meeting some 'name's, however I wouldn't cancel on that basis. People can be quite different in person to their internet personas. I don't however like someone trying to be clever with it though, which has happened on one occasion when a guy did something to suggest he was a name, then went on to behave just like a complete timewaster. All it did was make me extremely uptight and wary. It was a pity for the person involved because the way in which it was done it simply spoiled the whole atmosphere.

Edited by Strawberry

I'll admit to getting a little nervous meeting some 'name's, however I wouldn't cancel on that basis. People can be quite different in person to their internet personas. I don't however like someone trying to be clever with it though, which has happened on one occasion when a guy did something to suggest he was a name, then went on to behave just like a complete timewaster. All it did was make me extremely uptight and wary. It was a pity for the person involved because the way in which it was done it simply spoiled the whole atmosphere.

I prefer to initially speak to a WG who posts on here without disclosing who I am as that way there is no chance of any falseness. If I do make a booking, I would then disclose my id via PM if the WG is a regular poster on here. If she chooses at that stage to decide that she would rather not see me, that is fine imo, and indeed I make that clear in the PM. So far no-one has opted for the cancel option, I'm sure it will happen one day :o

If I was a malicious WG who read a offensive post written by a punter I was about to have a meeting with,I'd make sure I did'nt wash my mouth out after performing CIM with the punter prior to his booking....then when we meet I'd greet him with a long deep french kiss xx.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

Sorry,know you said this one for the ladies but could'nt resist

If it was a matter of different opinions, then no I wouldn't cancel, however if he was rude, offensive and derogatory towards me in his posts, then yes I would cancel.

I prefer to initially speak to a WG who posts on here without disclosing who I am as that way there is no chance of any falseness. If I do make a booking, I would then disclose my id via PM if the WG is a regular poster on here. If she chooses at that stage to decide that she would rather not see me, that is fine imo, and indeed I make that clear in the PM. So far no-one has opted for the cancel option, I'm sure it will happen one day :o

I did just that, because i felt uncomfortable, but after one or two emails I relented and I am glad I did. He was arguably one of the nicest men I have ever punted with

Why would he end the call after making a booking by telling her hes a poster on punternet and then give his username?

Why would she need to know that?

Is it a subbtle hint that hes have access to FR writing or something?

Why would he end the call after making a booking by telling her hes a poster on punternet and then give his username?

Mind Games. Power. Subterfuge. Detracts from the job in hand which is a no-strings fun filled shag:)

I'm probably give him a chance (unless he'd be downright racist, homophobic or expressed unsavoury attitudes to working girls) and then judge him after that meeting,

As someone who does declare their board id if visiting someone who posts here; firstly I do not guarantee to write an FR be it positive or otherwise, secondly my FR name is different, after all it would be shocking for my parishioners to read of my bedroom exploits.

I would never tell anyone my online persona, mainly because I cannot see the point. As far as I know no one gives a Punternet discount. I also doubt anyone would give extras either.

As someone who does declare their board id if visiting someone who posts here; firstly I do not guarantee to write an FR be it positive or otherwise, secondly my FR name is different, after all it would be shocking for my parishioners to read of my bedroom exploits.

Do you get many cancelled bookings when you say "Hello, Im the Vicar" :lol: