Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlickWilly

Directly Elected Police Commissioners Could Pose A New Threat To The Biz!

4 posts in this topic

My understanding is that there will be directly elected police commissioners throughout the UK in the medium term. My worry is that this will pose a real threat to our hobby/livelihood. These individuals will have to be seen to act on foot of complaints from the public to a far greater extent than local MPs or chief Inspector Plod. A letter or two from a mad radical feminist (not all feminists are mad at all), a religious loon or a misinformed eccentric could have profound implications in areas where the biz is effectively tolerated at the moment eg MK or Greater Manchester! Ultimately making the whole scene much more dangerous for punter and WG alike and effectively only pandering to lunatics!

I cannot see anything positive comming from it for the industry!

My understanding is that there will be directly elected police commissioners throughout the UK in the medium term. My worry is that this will pose a real threat to our hobby/livelihood. These individuals will have to be seen to act on foot of complaints from the public to a far greater extent than local MPs or chief Inspector Plod. A letter or two from a mad radical feminist (not all feminists are mad at all), a religious loon or a misinformed eccentric could have profound implications in areas where the biz is effectively tolerated at the moment eg MK or Greater Manchester! Ultimately making the whole scene much more dangerous for punter and WG alike and effectively only pandering to lunatics!

I cannot see anything positive comming from it for the industry!

Agreed

nah. they have to get elected. they will concentrate on on stuff that people want like rowdy behaviour in town centres, kiddy fiddlers and getting them back on the beat. mebber drugs but that is mainly parents of teenagers. most people dont give a stuff about the biz so will not be significant factor in elections.

imho

nah. they have to get elected. they will concentrate on on stuff that people want like rowdy behaviour in town centres, kiddy fiddlers and getting them back on the beat. mebber drugs but that is mainly parents of teenagers. most people dont give a stuff about the biz so will not be significant factor in elections.

imho

I agree with you, There's no votes in tackling prostitution or closing brothels. On the contrary. it's a can of worms best left unopened and/or swept under the carpet, or pushed to the back of the cupboard.

In any event, the bill was defeated in the House of Lords in May.