Sarah Summers

In The Pecking Order Of Life Where Does The Prostitute Rank

72 posts in this topic

When we can't even take the time to look after our old people in hospitals?

I am of course referring to the scandal of the complete lack of care and kindness by nurses on the NHS. It seems to me that we have adopted this ethos of having no time to be generous or kind to anyone other than ourselves, and I wonder if it is seen as a weakness and not a strength?

Where do we learn to be kind? Does empathy have to be taught to us?

I am of course referring to the scandal of the complete lack of care and kindness by nurses on the NHS. It seems to me that we have adopted this ethos of having no time to be generous or kind to anyone other than ourselves, and I wonder if it is seen as a weakness and not a strength?

We were kind once, but in modern society we have lost this ability.

In many countries it is the family of the patient that provides the personal care, even to the extent of supplying food as well as feeding and cleaning them. The duties of the doctors and nurses are to tend to the patients medical needs.

Personally I can see great advantages in this, I would rather eat my own food and be washed and fed by my familly than a stranger.

This would of course release medical staff to do more important jobs.

In an ideal world there would of course be an abundance of nurses and carers to see to these needs and we would all be happy to pay more taxes to fund this.

However...

...We have become a selfish society and couldn't possibly spare the time from out important lives to care for our own family in need.

And as to the topic title...

In the general public's view, very low.

To many who have a small understanding of the industry, probably up there with the doctors and nurses who care for our sick and disabled.

Edited by Corus Boy

Yes people do need to be shown how to be kind, it left unchecked we will see a generation obcessed with self and consumerism. The exceptions always seem to be kids who have had these values instilled in them by there parents.

As for your post questionI am not sure I understand what you mean. Prostitutes are people so rank the same as anyone else.

I'm not sure what question you are really asking viz a viz kindness? Are you suggesting there is a hierarchy of occupational kindness and that WGs fit in somewhere alongside doctors and nurses?

I believe kindness is seen as a weakness in today's society, and one which will be exploited by the unscrupulous, as such the only people to display it openly are those to whom it is ingrained by their upbringing, sadly i don't see that changing any time soon.

As for the ranking question; Personally I look at it like this, at the bottom you have the workshy, the feckless, the benefit scrounging underclass, then you have everyone else, anyone who earns their keep in life by their own hard work regardless of either their social standing or the manner in which they choose to earn that living is deserving oft at least my respect unless and until they demonstrate by their actions that they are not.

You learn through upbringing, some families teach it and some dont dependent on their own views. If this isnt taught through upbringing it means you find out from personal experience of living your life which can change what you were taught or give you a kind outlook and empathy. Even a thug can go from nasty criminal prepared to rob and steal ruthlessly to man of non violence, John McVicar being an example who started his journey to becoming a decent human being while in prison. As to WGs the good deserve respect for offering a good service, the bad deserve to be castigated for giving bad service in my opinion, just like all SPs in all industries. :)

Edited by smiths

I am of course referring to the scandal of the complete lack of care and kindness by nurses on the NHS.

The current way of training nurses seems to be at fault here and someone should review the whole training procedure. Surely nursing is one of those jobs most suited to "on the job" training, rather than in lecture theatres, as seems to be the case now.

Sarah

I do feel you are addressing two very different issues, although there are similarities.

As for nurses, I refuse to accept that the dispicable examples cited in the news recently are the norm, although clearly more common than I would have liked to acknowledge. I know several nurses (two involved in care for the elderly) and the effort they put in to care for their patients is way beyond the call of duty. I had a short stay in a local hospital last year (which doesn't have a great reputation) but came out with nothing but admiration for those who cared for me. It's like any profession, there are people who undertake their duties with pride and there are those who undertake them with disdain.

As for WGs, as others have said the vast majority of the public have no idea about this industry and would answer your question with "pretty low", or worse, due to sheer ignorance. I pride myself as being careful not to judge without knowing all the facts as I don't want to be judged myself! I am not that experienced at punting and am very selective who I chose but out of the perhaps 20 WGs I have met, some have been nothing less than amazing and inspiring human beings. And none would I judge as ranking below me or anyone else in the "pecking order of life".

And I suppose to anser your question, in my humble opinion nurses who treat their patients with the disdain and lack of respect illustrated rank way below their elderly patients and your average working girl (in said pecking order, if such a thing exists)!

I believe kindness is a far greater strength than malice, and whilst the media loves to emphasized the evil in the world, we must try to take comfort in the good we see with our own eyes... :)

V.

The current way of training nurses seems to be at fault here and someone should review the whole training procedure. Surely nursing is one of those jobs most suited to "on the job" training, rather than in lecture theatres, as seems to be the case now.

That may be one reason. I also believe that nurses trained in some other parts of the world are trained to different standards but more significantly, they have a cultural difference in attitude to care. I've had a fair amount of experience of hospital care/visits over the last decade and I definitely noticed a difference in 'care' from nurses of African origin for example versus British. I have no experience of long term care, but for things like midwifery, African nurses and doctors have definitely got a different and harder attitude. Many of my wife's African friends and colleagues back this theory up.

My method of grading would be:-

1) Those who break the law

2) Those that choose not to work.

3) Workers of any description who do not try at their job.

4) Workers of any description who try their best at any job, thereby giving a good service and becoming sucessful.

It matters not what you do, provided it is legal, and is not at others' expense. There is a place in society for a whole variety of occupations, and to put a pecking order to all would devalue some occupations for which there is an obvious need in society.

My method of grading would be:-

1) Those who break the law

2) Those that choose not to work.

3) Workers of any description who do not try at their job.

4) Workers of any description who try their best at any job, thereby giving a good service and becoming sucessful.

It matters not what you do, provided it is legal, and is not at others' expense. There is a place in society for a whole variety of occupations, and to put a pecking order to all would devalue some occupations for which there is an obvious need in society.

ANd a hard working, dedicated street girl would be both top and bottom?

ANd a hard working, dedicated street girl would be both top and bottom?

A working girl does not break the law unless she solicits or works in a brothel, as far as I understand the law.

it rather depends on the size of the "peck"

Thanks for all the answers including that of Inna :)

I just think that society has got mean. Everything is about money and nothing is about life anymore. When you read some of the things guys say about the working girl and the names they call us by placing us somwhere between the sole of their shoe, and the floor, it makes me wonder about the kind of person who thinks like that you know?

In terms of pecking order, in the top 5 as far as I am concerned, but the public probably thinks otherwise.

I have had numerous trips to hospitals and have received nothing but 1st class care and treatment, so I don't know where view is from, the Daily Mail, maybe?

My Sister has been a Nurse for 30 years, she is overworked, underpaid, but does the job because she cares.

I also do voluntary work at a Hospice and a Care Home. The carers are also underpaid, work under difficult conditions, are assaulted verbally and physically.

I'd put Nurses and Carers alongside Prostitutes, but not in the same wage bracket!

Don't be sad Sarah, there are still plenty of lovely kind people about, the bad stories are the ones that get told. No newspaper is going to publish a headline that says 'Nurses are nice' are they?

As for what some men think about working girls, who cares, as long as clients are respectful and kind to you, which I'm pretty sure they are then try not to worry. Also, the reputations of plenty of other trades leaves a lot to be desired- bankers, estate agents, lawyers for example.

Don't be sad Sarah, there are still plenty of lovely kind people about, the bad stories are the ones that get told. No newspaper is going to publish a headline that says 'Nurses are nice' are they?

As for what some men think about working girls, who cares, as long as clients are respectful and kind to you, which I'm pretty sure they are then try not to worry. Also, the reputations of plenty of other trades leaves a lot to be desired- bankers, estate agents, lawyers for example.

I am lucky I seem to have the best of clients, but those guys who think we are guttersnipes are the ones who would not report a trafficked girl simply because they don't care. Too many people don't these days.

In the picking order? I've no idea. But as a nation we have lost the meaning of kindness, at least, it is a rapidly diminishing quality.

In general I think prostitutes rank higher than overpaid entertainers (pop/tv/films stars to footballers etc) and way in front of lying politicians. I would also suggest by saying that I may be seen as excusing prostitutes' (and our ) actions, that of having natural sex based on financial payment, and no excuse is necessary. We are ok, it is the cretins who judge us who have the problems.

In the picking order? I've no idea. But as a nation we have lost the meaning of kindness, at least, it is a rapidly diminishing quality.

In general I think prostitutes rank higher than overpaid entertainers (pop/tv/films stars to footballers etc) and way in front of lying politicians. I would also suggest by saying that I may be seen as excusing prostitutes' (and our ) actions, that of having natural sex based on financial payment, and no excuse is necessary. We are ok, it is the cretins who judge us who have the problems.

I like your style. * starting classes in empathy as long as we can fuck afterwards*

LOL

I was in hopspital recently, and the staff were fine, one exception. In my opinion more use should be made of assistants, bit daft having a degree trained nurse, spending her time taking patients to the lavatory and feeding them. People need to be brought up to be kind. As a fifty four year old, I can assure you that life was infinitely shittier all round when I was young, brutal teachers, incompetent medical staff, a work force that meant anything made in britain was to be avoided like the plague. Prostitutes will always be bottom of the ladder, status wise, thats why you earn so much money, once the job is mainstream, a shag will cost about the same as a haircut. Dont worry its not going to happen any day soon.

I like your style. * starting classes in empathy as long as we can fuck afterwards*

LOL

No. That would be too Machiavellian for me. If I wanted it I'd ask for it, straight and simple, and anyone who knows me knows what I do and I don't give a toss for their thoughts. Likewise, dome wg's may well look at me with contempt because I 'have' to pay them for sex, so?

ON the subject of kindness, last year we and the area we live in, lost a wealthy man after a very short illness.

What made this man different is that though he was wealthy, he was kind and generous, generous in a way that helped down and out individuals not just by giving them money, but buying them the things that they needed to live, perhaps through asking them to set up his computer when he was quite capable of doing it himself, or by paying for re-training in a new skill.

Sadly, being wealthy and kind rarely, in my experience, go together.

Also, a high percentage of my favourite ladies over the years have been nurses, carers or in some way connected with care. Why is this? Is it just because the money is poor, or because they can turn their caring and kind nature to helping us men?

SS please do not tar everyone in the caring profession with the same brush. My best friend works in our local NHS hospital and deals with abusive patients, visitors and still keeps a cool professional attitude. I've seen this first hand caring for my mother in law at the age of 87.

As for where WGs come in society I do not judge or wish to be judged but society means that we are. Therefore I treat all as equals whatever they do.

We should resist the urge to judge the worth of others, but frankly I find that hard to do when it comes to bankers and politicians, they are to blamed slashed budgets not the nurses, who are just as much victims as patients and general public.