Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Art Issue

Touring Or Relocating

6 posts in this topic

Do ladies who go on tours have to adjust their rates, either up or down, to fit in with the local market? Or if you have relocated to another part of the country did you have a similar experience?

If you relocated did you find the usual services, you were asked to provide, changed?

Do ladies who go on tours have to adjust their rates, either up or down, to fit in with the local market? Or if you have relocated to another part of the country did you have a similar experience?

If you relocated did you find the usual services, you were asked to provide, changed?

Some of those WGs i have punted with while they were on tour in London had increased their rate a bit and said they were busy and as the rate was what i thought was reasonable i was prepared to pay it. I also punted with an Indie WG now gone as far as i know who had moved from up North (cant remember exactly where) to London and certainly charged more after checking out the local competition before she moved doing the necessary research. She offered the same services as when she was up North. :)

I don't/haven't toured very much. When I do I charge the same rates as back home. They are the fees I'm happy to charge plus I've gone to the effort of 'bringing' myself to clients who might not otherwise be able to see me. Not sure what the situation would be should I ever visit London.

i charge a bit more but it depends on where im going and what the average rate is

its generally 20 Pounds more than what i charge at home on the hour appointment half an hour is generally the same this normally covers the cost of hotels extra advertising and fligths ect all of which i dont have when im at home

of course you will always get clients wanting to see you for you home rates and i have to explain to them i charge a bit more because im touring but they can always visit me in bristol if they want to save 20quid or so

I charge a tenner more in London than anywhere else in the UK. It means I'm a bit more expensive than the norm at home and a bit cheaper than the norm in London, but I didn't want the difference in rates to be too great.

I offer exactly the same service wherever I am.

For those service providers usually working outside of London but who then choose to tour the capital may just get away with a discreet London weighting charge when publishing their rates. Last time I checked the annual London weighting was worth around 4k, dividing that into a limited time tour and earnings would mean very little to be added to the rates.