Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Passionate Penny

Blue Blindfold - How To Spot The Signs Of Human Trafficking

5 posts in this topic

Went down in my estimation when I read this:

'Blue Blindfold has supported operations tackling human trafficking including Pentameter 2 which targeted sexual exploitation.'

That will be the same operation that failed 'to find a single trafficker who forced anybody into prostitution'. They clearly aren't aware ( or more likely don't care ) that it's not a good thing to be associated with Pentameter 2.

Also not terribly impressed when it lists one of it's aims as getting its logo recognised.

some of their partners are well known moral supremacist groups such as poppy & stop the traffic

Does anyone know of any campaigning organisations which are anti-trafficking and anti-coercion, but which are supportive of ordinary working girls?

There seems to be a lot of confusion in mixing up criminal activity with honest working girls who have made an informed choice.

Does anyone know of any campaigning organisations which are anti-trafficking and anti-coercion, but which are supportive of ordinary working girls?

It's down to Bolitics - Much of the outreach projects funding is on the basis of 'prostitution is violence against women and children', but you'll find quite a few of the frontline workers are very supportive to ordinary sex workers.

Not sure about the rest of the UK but I've found in Scotland the Salvation Army do a good job.