Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SEXYBLONDESURREYGIRL

Is It Illegal To List What You Offer And Prices Over The Phone?

9 posts in this topic

When people call me, and despite having read my profile ask what I offer and what the cost is, I get very anxious because I suspect this counts as illegal to tell someone what you offer and prices without the disclaimer of the webpage. I suppose it would be `entrapment' if it was a policeman?!!!!!

No it isn't illegal to state your prices of services on the phone, it's not illegal to sell sex in this country. As for the disclaimers you see on websites they pretty much mean nothing in this country either as its legal to sell and buy sex, only when your working in say NYC for example would you need a disclaimer like that.

Of course laws change and I haven't looked into it for a while but I'm pretty sure what I say is true.

None of it's illegal, even if the caller was police. It's not illegal to be a prostitute or offer sexual services (except obviously soliciting in a street or public place).

If you were running or managing a brothel then that would be different, for evidential reasons.

In any event the disclaimer is worthless, and in your case unnecessary.

Thank you!

I suppose I should know this, as I wrote an essay on the topic at college a few years ago and was suprised that the laws are more relaxed than people realise. I just get my back up slightly when people ask for such details on the phone, but I realise they have taken my number at a previous time and don't remember the details when they call!

As far as I am aware, brothels, pimping and obviously trafficking are where the law comes into it.

having read my profile

Have searched but cannot find your profile. Do you have it on Another Website?

Thank you! I suppose I should know this, as I wrote an essay on the topic at college a few years ago and was suprised that the laws are more relaxed than people realise. I just get my back up slightly when people ask for such details on the phone, but I realise they have taken my number at a previous time and don't remember the details when they call! As far as I am aware, brothels, pimping and obviously trafficking are where the law comes into it.

With newbies to me i ALWAYS seek confirmation thats what advertised service wise and price wise is actually on offer, not doing so in the past led me to get to some punts and find the WG saying she had "forgotten" to update her site/profile. I avoid that scenario nowadays by clarifying. No problem if the WG doesnt want to talk about it on the phone, thats up to her, i simply go elsewhere.

If i detect any sign of a WG getting annoyed just because i am asking her questions about a service she offers which is going to cost me a fair amount of money i dont proceed any further. I require seeming friendliness, enthusiasm and warmth not an annoyed WG and go on the logic if she is annoyed by such straight forward and obvious questions before i have paid her how bad could she be after i have paid her. :)

No its not illegal, as long as your not running a brothel or anything like tht. Then u will be fine x

When people call me, and despite having read my profile ask what I offer and what the cost is, I get very anxious because I suspect this counts as illegal to tell someone what you offer and prices without the disclaimer of the webpage. I suppose it would be `entrapment' if it was a policeman?!!!!!

It cant be classed as entrapment if someone asks you your prices, how could it, they are seeking the information from you? You are in a legal profession.xx

If i detect any sign of a WG getting annoyed just because i am asking her questions about a service she offers which is going to cost me a fair amount of money i dont proceed any further. I require seeming friendliness, enthusiasm and warmth not an annoyed WG and go on the logic if she is annoyed by such straight forward and obvious questions before i have paid her how bad could she be after i have paid her. :)

Smiths, I love your no-nonsense logic, it must be invaluable for sorting the wheat from the chaff on the other site, great advice!! :)