Barney Gumble

Great Customer Service. Not.

35 posts in this topic

Had a punt yesterday with someone with glowing reviews and left feeling satisfied and depressed.

Before during and after the massage I was verbally abused for being overweight and felt like I was at my doctors getting a telling off.

Halfway through the lecture, sorry service she actually went to her kitchen and bought back some half empty packets of food and starting lecturing me on portion control. The shame is that it was a fantastic sensual massage with lots of extra activity. I have to say this has knocked my confidence even after 28 years of punting.

Has anyone else been subjected to a barrage of abuse during a punt ?

Barney gumble

Not exactly a "B of A", but I have been lectured on under-arm matters, told, quite firmly, to go buy Mitchum, and ordered to find a dentist (and been questioned as to compliance before getting close on next visit).

Although it is an article of faith here (I think) never to judge another, one has to remember that most, if not all, WGs are human, and some, very few, punters are less than entirely human!

Not exactly a "B of A", but I have been lectured on under-arm matters, told, quite firmly, to go buy Mitchum, and ordered to find a dentist (and been questioned as to compliance before getting close on next visit).

Although it is an article of faith here (I think) never to judge another, one has to remember that most, if not all, WGs are human, and some, very few, punters are less than entirely human!

The key is to do it in a constructive and sensitive manner. I was once told jokingly I think, that I should accept I probably was suffering from middle-aged spread, and advised to miss breakfast and dinner in order to combat it.

I did not take that advice seriously and instead went about getting my trim figure back in a rather more sensible manner.

Had a punt yesterday with someone with glowing reviews and left feeling satisfied and depressed.

Before during and after the massage I was verbally abused for being overweight and felt like I was at my doctors getting a telling off.

Halfway through the lecture, sorry service she actually went to her kitchen and bought back some half empty packets of food and starting lecturing me on portion control. The shame is that it was a fantastic sensual massage with lots of extra activity. I have to say this has knocked my confidence even after 28 years of punting.

Barney gumble

Sorry this happened to you. It was not what you paid for was it?

I'm sorry but I cannot go along with your last sentence, nor do I susbscribe to someone telling you how to live either, no matter how nice you think they are.

Had a punt yesterday with someone with glowing reviews and left feeling satisfied and depressed. Before during and after the massage I was verbally abused for being overweight and felt like I was at my doctors getting a telling off. Halfway through the lecture, sorry service she actually went to her kitchen and bought back some half empty packets of food and starting lecturing me on portion control. The shame is that it was a fantastic sensual massage with lots of extra activity. I have to say this has knocked my confidence even after 28 years of punting. Has anyone else been subjected to a barrage of abuse during a punt ? Barney gumble

Sorry to hear about this Barney. Being a fat bastard i have been offered advice but never been verbally abused for it. If this scenario had happened to me i would leave and never return. I have been verbally abused when i have walked away/off from a punt as the real her didnt match her pictures or a service agreed on the phone wasnt actually on offer. Once safely in my car i always smile to myself that that was a close shave on the logic that i had a lucky escape.

Dont let one individual knock your confidence is my advice, its a very rare occurence as you know so most WG arent so rude. Good luck. :)

Perhaps she's a frustrated health professional and she was telling you off 'for your own good'. :(

That's disgraceful and she should be named and shamed imo. Who the hell does she think she is?! We're paying to punt, not to be made to feel like shit.

Oh my god! I can't believe she did that!!!

She sounds awful. Your poor thing....dont let it put you off......Im sure you are lovely and she has got no right to say such personal things to you. Name and shame!

I wonder if she was a European lady, you know from other side of the 'iron' curtain? Culturally 'some' from here may come across as quite rude or abrupt but in their mind they don't mean offence. I'm sure she felt she was being helpful. But of course doesn't help you if you are made to feel crap. :)

I think a field report should be written with all the necessary details, so us other fat bastards can go along for the same lecture. Before you know it we will all be slim!

I bet I am thinner than she is, barney. give me her details, I'll turn up and lecture her on being fat

Name and shame please Barney Grumble.

This 'lady' deserves all the respect she clearly failed to show to you.

If you met her through an agency, be sure to draw their attention to this thread and make your displeasure only too clear.

I'm happy to do a field report even though I've not done one for a few years now.

My only concern is that if this person has saved my number and starts calling or texting as she clearly took a disliking to me.

I have submitted many reports over the years and this would be the first time my review would be extremely negative.

Advice please

Barney gumble

Barney gumble

That is terrible. It is horrible when your confidence has been knocked and no one has the right to do that. You went to her for pleasure and to enjoy your self and that is exactly what should have happened. If you wanted health advise you could have got that for free from your doctor. Dont let it get to you as I can assure you we are not all like that.

Shelly

Edited by adore1

I'm happy to do a field report even though I've not done one for a few years now. My only concern is that if this person has saved my number and starts calling or texting as she clearly took a disliking to me. I have submitted many reports over the years and this would be the first time my review would be extremely negative. Advice please Barney gumble

Always use a dedicated punting phone or Sim and turn it off when not punting is the answer in my view. In this case if you wish submit the FR and she might not even contact you, if she does it might be to have a go at you but just turn your phone off and most people would normally give up i have found.

Personally i wouldnt not do a review in case the WG rang or texted me, its her fault for offering bad service so i would say this and if she doesnt like it, too bad. :)

It broke my heart just reading that...

I have the reverse. Im super skinny but I have an eating disorder and also a deformed chest. It would break my heart if a WG made fun of me on one of those things. One of the girls asked why my chest was like that once. And I said I was born with it... And she didnt mention it again.

Sorry to hear about this dude. It really annoys me when you work like a dog for your money. Look forward to a punt, only to have it be damn crap and a waste of money.

If you post a FR post the link. Would want to give it a read!

Edited by NewbPunt

I'm happy to do a field report even though I've not done one for a few years now.

My only concern is that if this person has saved my number and starts calling or texting as she clearly took a disliking to me.

I have submitted many reports over the years and this would be the first time my review would be extremely negative.

Advice please

Barney gumble

Just grit your teeth and do one. I used to hate leaving negative feedback on the other site and went through a stage of just not leaving any because I was afraid they would retaliate and make some vicious lie up. Now I've realised, it's more important to be honest and if they piss me about, cancel or whatever, then other people need to know.

Barney gumble

This is outrageous Barney! if you did not ask for any advice in the first place ? I do not see why someone would offer to give advice on your weight,

may it have been taken in the wrong context ? do not take it personally as it may have been her way of trying to help you in some sort of way-

but in any case your weight, height, looks, dress sense etc,. etc,. do not come in to equation so don't let it affect you in the slightest. It is one persons opinion

against many. good luck in future! xx

Just grit your teeth and do one. I used to hate leaving negative feedback on the other site and went through a stage of just not leaving any because I was afraid they would retaliate and make some vicious lie up. Now I've realised, it's more important to be honest and if they piss me about, cancel or whatever, then other people need to know.

I like your style Annabel xx

It broke my heart just reading that...

I have the reverse. Im super skinny but I have an eating disorder and also a deformed chest. It would break my heart if a WG made fun of me on one of those things. One of the girls asked why my chest was like that once. And I said I was born with it... And she didnt mention it again.

Sorry to hear about this dude. It really annoys me when you work like a dog for your money. Look forward to a punt, only to have it be damn crap and a waste of money.

If you post a FR post the link. Would want to give it a read!

You need to learn to leave your heart at the door and enter with cock, wallet, manners and the expectation of mutual fun/respect or you could get hurt. I know thats easier said than done but you do need a bit of self preservation rubber skin when dallying in this industry.

spot on chloe but not so easy to do in practice especially if you are a bit of a fluffy fat bastard like me.

Barney

If it's any consolation, I, and I suspect many others on here have a BMI (body mass index) greater than we'd like ideally, and with it comes increased blood pressure. My problem is I have a sendentary job, either driving a desk or driving a car, with no time for exercise really. I did walk a couple of miles last week.

Yes, the WG is impudent to comment on your weight. It's no concern and could be for medical reasons, such as steroids which tend to bloat. I'd feel pretty offended by such a comment too any empathise. Shame WGs are so perfect and we can't fault them ! :D While I admit to wishing I could lose a stone and a bit, WGs are in the business to make money, and take the good with the bad, rough with the smooth, so should not really complain. We are renting their body by the hour, and if they cant put up with a bit of a fat bastard for that long, then they should eff off out of the business.

An attitude like that is one step away from a WG demading to see a full length pic of a punter or asking weight/height details. She's taking the piss big time.

Respect works both ways.

As for retribution on you from her by text or calls, dont forget you can complain to your service provider and claim harassment.

Hold your head up, put it down to one of life's idosyncratic moments (like my whinge in another thread on 2 punts) and put it behind you. Tommorrow is another day, another WG.

Advice please

Barney gumble

Here's some advice, basically you need to man-up and be more in control. The next time anything like this happens you should stop her dead in her

tracks by telling her that although you respect that she is entitled to her opinion, the topic is inappropriate at this time or that you are happy the way you are. Obviously, you walk a fine line because you do not want to spoil your punt by turning the mood frosty and creating a bad vibe so keeping it tactful or politely formal is advisable.

The more tactful approach would be to just jovially laugh it off then gently steer the topic off in another direction.

Hope this helps,

Spok.