Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonnybgood

Selling Sex Beats Doing Menial Work.

4 posts in this topic

A very small article in mondays London edition of the Metro,

'Most prostitutes who come to work in London do not feel forced into the sex industry, new research shows. They prefer it to menial jobs where they are less likely to achieve such a good standard of living, according to a new study by London Metropolitan University. It contradicts the idea that the sex industry is always linked to organised crime and irregular immigration which has 'raised moral panic' about trafficking in Britain, said study leader, Dr Nick Mai.'

As I said a small article, about 2 column inches. I imagine if the research showed an opposite view the headlines and report would have been a lot bigger.

'Most prostitutes who come to work in London do not feel forced into the sex industry, new research shows. They prefer it to menial jobs where they are less likely to achieve such a good standard of living, according to a new study by London Metropolitan University. It contradicts the idea that the sex industry is always linked to organised crime and irregular immigration which has 'raised moral panic' about trafficking in Britain, said study leader, Dr Nick Mai.'

As I said a small article, about 2 column inches. I imagine if the research showed an opposite view the headlines and report would have been a lot bigger.

Dr Mai was on the local news recently talking about this. Its good to get some factual information out into the public domain rather than the mainly claptrap the authorities and media come out with based on agendas rather than fact or truth.

What saddens me is the measly sentences some of those convicted of trafficking do get, they should be far far harsher in my opinion, life seeming about right in my view to send the message out its a very serious crime which will result in a very long prison sentence. :)

Of course it would, as it would allow Harriet Harman / Daily Mail types to get all steamed up and feel good about themselves.

One only has to look what's happening in the world and its finances. The National Minimum wage is £6.08 per hour and that's the best one can expect to get for jobs such as cleaning toilets, etc. From what I see, the lower end WG rate is £100 per hour.

Of course I would expect you need to the type of person who is able to get your head around becoming a sex worker. However if I was in such a situation, it would be a no brainer.

But like so much of what is going on in the world of finance, this is a truth many in the establishment, the press and society prefer not to recognise. Well done Dr Nick!

Only 2inch,but its a start,whats the saying....from little acorns...We live in hope.