Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Banana Man

Issue Using 'search' Function On Iphone/ipod Touch

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been using the mobile version of Punternet as I often use my iPod Touch when I am at home. The software has been updated to iOS 5. I have been using the 'Search' function to look for information on old threads. There's two issues.

The first is that if I click on a thread and realise its not what I am looking for and click back, sometimes there is a great big 'loading' button in the middle of the screen, obscuring all the other results. Sometimes it goes away, but other times it stays right there, blocking everything.

The other issue is the one that can get frustrating. When I click on a thread and then click back, it often (almost always actually) says 'This form has already been submitted. Would you like to submit again? 'Cancel' or 'Submit'?' Of course, I would like to submit again obviously! But it can get annoying because if I leave a thread quickly, this option will come up and then flood control will come up making me wait 20 seconds before I can search again. It can get frustrating if I am searching for something and there are multiple threads, so I'm quickly trying to look for the relevant thing and leaving threads where there are only a couple of posts.

I know this isn't an issue with Punternet forum, but with the forum software. Is there anything I can do to fix it, like a change a setting somewhere or something? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

i have found that when i click on a thread there is no way to jump to the last page, you have to start at page one and just keep clicking through them ...a bit annoying when trying to read the last posts on a 40 page thread.x

i have found that when i click on a thread there is no way to jump to the last page, you have to start at page one and just keep clicking through them ...a bit annoying when trying to read the last posts on a 40 page thread.x

This seems to be a common complain ( see http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-33675-ipboard-mobile-doesnt-show-current-page-nr-or-jump-menu/ ) and so we can only hope it gets built into next update of the mobile skin, so it isn't a bug, the functionality doesn't exist in the mobile skin yet.