AsgardsSon

Donating To Charity

42 posts in this topic

I just read that Megan of Max's is going to donate all her fees from bookings tomorrow to Children In Need, which is very admirable in my opinion.

I wondered if anybody else had come across this sort of thing before?

I'm climbing a veeery big mountain next year for an international children's charity and earnings from my next tour are going towards this as I'll be away while all my friends are fundraising!

Most of my earnings from December and January last year went towards an overseas volunteering I partook in.

Not all of us do this for the Loboutins :P

I am a bit slack, I used to volunteer at a local charity but got too busy to carry it on, I also used to have a few that I had monthly direct debits for but they stopped when I left work last time and been too slack to start them up again. One of the most precious things you can give is time, although I am really sceptical about giving since I had chat with someone that knew about charity fundraising, these professional companies they take too much and you would be shocked to see how much the charity actually gets!

A lad in York had such a shit punt earlier this year that he cut it short, took back half his fee and donated it to the CPL, I thought that was pretty decent of him! T'was not me btw (as if) :P

Edited by Gemma Harris

I just read that Megan of Max's is going to donate all her fees from bookings tomorrow to Children In Need, which is very admirable in my opinion.

Yeah, one of our ladies is the proverbial hooker with a heart of gold.

According to her, every 10th blowjob goes to saving the whales (but she's never said who the 10th visitor ever is).

I'm climbing a veeery big mountain next year for an international children's charity and earnings from my next tour are going towards this as I'll be away while all my friends are fundraising!

Most of my earnings from December and January last year went towards an overseas volunteering I partook in.

Not all of us do this for the Loboutins :P

Hmmm.......... How nice!

I'm climbing a veeery big mountain next year for an international children's charity ...

I'm guessing Kilimanjaro, but if it were to be Ben Nevis then, perhaps we might........?

This is very admirable.

I always try to put ten percent towards charities whether this be for animals, children in need, children disfigured (smile train). I think the

majority of people support one charity or another.

What surprised me most in this industry is the amount of foreign working girls that come over to help their families back home, sending money back home to look after those less fortunate and having a selfless attitude.

Personally, This work has enabled me to be fortunate enough to have travelled to many countries across the world which is a big eye opener.. Many people in this country take basic necessities for granted in the uk and not till travel outside do you realise how very fortunate we are.

This is very admirable.

I always try to put ten percent towards charities whether this be for animals, children in need, children disfigured (smile train). I think the

majority of people support one charity or another.

What surprised me most in this industry is the amount of foreign working girls that come over to help their families back home, sending money back home to look after those less fortunate and having a selfless attitude.

Personally, This work has enabled me to be fortunate enough to have travelled to many countries across the world which is a big eye opener.. Many people in this country take basic necessities for granted in the uk and not till travel outside do you realise how very fortunate we are.

You're so right miss cupcakes. When you go to some parts of Africa and see what they call a hospital, where complex operations are done on human beings using a flashlight as there is no power you would fall on your knees and thank God everyday for the NHS. By the way long time no see, hope you are well.

where complex operations are done on human beings using a flashlight

You know when you have been in the game too long when you read flashlight as fleshlight :unsure:

Undoubtedly great publicity for Maxangels agency.

You never going to find out, unless of course during the booking she will click "donate" on the Children in need website, and show you the proof on the screen. Unlikely though.

I dont know whatever she will donate or not, but surely if somebody genuinely going to do it, there is not a single reason to announce it publicly.

have to agree with this comment

Undoubtedly great publicity for Maxangels agency.

You never going to find out, unless of course during the booking she will click "donate" on the Children in need website, and show you the proof on the screen. Unlikely though.

I dont know whatever she will donate or not, but surely if somebody genuinely going to do it, there is not a single reason to announce it publicly.

Agree with this comment. Charity begins at home for me I am afraid. I expect i am like most people, one or two fave charities for personal reasons and then the collecting tins in the shops etc. My money is my money that I earned. I do not have to justify handing it away to appease those who think we earn too much.

Once had a crap punt, in fact almost a year to the day, that I bailed out of halfway through, was so annoyed with myself for ending up there and thinking with my dick and not my head that I stuck the other 100 odd bills that I had planned to spend on hour two in an envelope and posted it through the letterbox of the local PDSA charity shop on the way into work the following morning...

Does that count ?

anybody donating to charity needs to ensure their donation is gift aided if they are taxpayers. it can add 28p in the pound to their money. ask for a form.

have to agree with this comment

Agree with this comment. Charity begins at home for me I am afraid. I expect i am like most people, one or two fave charities for personal reasons and then the collecting tins in the shops etc. My money is my money that I earned. I do not have to justify handing it away to appease those who think we earn too much.

Sad you think that is what people that give generously of their time or money do, I personally believe that people do it because they are generally all round decent people.

Sad you think that is what people that give generously of their time or money do, I personally believe that people do it because they are generally all round decent people.

Completely agree with you, but why feel the need to broadcast it?

A lad in York had such a shit punt earlier this year that he cut it short, took back half his fee and donated it to the CPL, I thought that was pretty decent of him! T'was not me btw (as if) :P

Nawww, how sweet you remembered lol, better than me as it happens! CPL not PDSA, my memory....

/ "lad" I like that, you can come again:), who are you again ? Lol

I never boast about my gifts to charity. That would demean them. I know what I give, and I'm the only person who needs to know. If you feel the need to blow our own trumpet in this regard I would suspect your motives.

You're so right miss cupcakes. When you go to some parts of Africa and see what they call a hospital, where complex operations are done on human beings using a flashlight as there is no power you would fall on your knees and thank God everyday for the NHS. By the way long time no see, hope you are well.

Yes I agree Matrix xx

I never boast about my gifts to charity. That would demean them. I know what I give, and I'm the only person who needs to know. If you feel the need to blow our own trumpet in this regard I would suspect your motives.

Charities need as much publicity as they can get. There is nothing secret about supporting a particular charity, as for regards of supecting motives- I would question

your own motives if you even have to say that comment.

I never knew it was a crime to tell people I donate to charity.

I never usually bother mention it either Matrix.

I'm with the bible on this one, let not your right hand know what the left hand gives

I'm with the bible on this one, let not your right hand know what the left hand gives

Does that include wanking ? oh yes that's right this is a cynical sex forum lol I forgot.!! . (wouldn't want you to make a mess on the bible) unlucky tonight I can't think of any sex charities that need supporting. If I could think of any, best not to mention them eh, as would not like them to be overloaded with people rushing to help them.

Its not a crime, brag away. However don't to try to attract business with such bite. Even the massive corporations does not donate to Children in Need, more then theirs 0,03% of daily turnover. As for an independent traders, to donate at least 20% of theirs weekly income to the cause which is vastly funded anyway, its unheard of.

As, I said before: if you want to donate Children in need- Just do it. No need to shout about it.

anybody donating to charity needs to ensure their donation is gift aided if they are taxpayers. it can add 28p in the pound to their money. ask for a form.

Actually, it's now only 25p to the pound. There was a 3p supplement paid by the government for 3 years (I think, 3) from when Giftaid started. This period ended at the end of March 2011, and so it's only 25p.