Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

Denmark next to ban paying for sex?

12 posts in this topic

http://www.cphpost.dk/news/politics/90-politics/46960-proposal-to-ban-prostitution-splits-party.html

The Social Democrat leadership wants to reverse the party's 1999 decision to decriminalise prostitution

the proposal was indeed adopted at the congress last weekend, so if the Social Democrats win the next election, that's it...

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2009/07/05/new-danish-government-could-end-legal-prostitution/

Early polls are suggesting that Denmark's opposition parties will gain a majority in the upcoming national election

links in Danish below

http://www.berlingske.dk/article/20090926/politik/709260054/

http://www.berlingske.dk/article/20090925/kommentarer/90925159/

http://ekstrabladet.dk/nationen/article1229521.ece

this picture speaks for itself

http://images.berlingske.dk/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=BM&Dato=20090925&Kategori=ABMKOMMENTARER&Lopenr=90925159&Ref=AR&MaxW=620&border=0&Q=80

Yet again I ask.. are we sure this is not European Commission policy, whatever particular governments may or may not believe?

Yet again I ask.. are we sure this is not European Commission policy, whatever particular governments may or may not believe?

:confused:

have you been drinking?

:confused:

have you been drinking?

Jeez, every time someone (whoever it may be) comes back at me, I have to remind them of everything that has been going on previously..

Punting not banned anywhere in particular in Europe (except France)..

Sweden bans it..

Norway bans it IIRC..

UK tries to ban it..

Netherlands announces new restrictions..

Denmark sees change of SD policy..

Perhaps there are some others I have missed, or of which other people have inside knowledge.

Now (jeez this is irritating) compare this to smoking in public, which has been banned at Brussels level.

Italy banned it..

France banned it..

UK banned it..

Ireland banned it..

Austria banned it except in cafes (hurrah)..

NOW do you get the idea??

:eek:

Oh, and for the smartarse who is bound to say 'Norway isn't in the EU', no it isn't, but it takes much of its policy cue from Brussels (maybe a quid pro quo for staying out and still getting preferred trade terms).

more trips to germany for are danish brothers, longer trips for the swedes who were going to denmark

more trips to germany for are danish brothers, longer trips for the swedes who were going to denmark

Indeed. Let's see how long Germany holds out :)

As far as the mechanics goes, I expect as soon as it became clear the Denmark Social Democrats were going to form the next administration (by themselves or with others) the leadership got a few unattributable phone calls offering carrots if they did as 'whoever' wished, i.e. a 180 degree turn on their attitude to prostitution. Presumably there were also threats of what would happen if they did not do this.

For comparison, a few people have already come out of the woodwork to talk about the machinations which led to Tony Blair becoming Labour leader - he had already been 'picked' as a 'winner' by being permitted to attend Bilderberg Group meetings.

NOW do you get the idea??

).

No

South Korea, Cambodia, ,Rhode Island (last US state with legal prostitution)India etc. the list of countries which have recently banned or are thinking of banning prostitution is infact endless, the US is doing its best to press its anti-abortion, pro-abstinence sexual agenda on poorer countries and together with Sweden they fund the international anti-prostitution lobby. The Christian right in coalition with left wing feminist is what has made this so successful.

The failed war on drugs, started by Richard Nixon 40 years ago this year, is a good comparasion, so is of course the war on terror.

Let's see how long Germany holds out

Germany has just elected a new government which consists of the right wing Christian Democrats and the right of centre Liberals who believe in free enterprise with as little govt interference as possible. Anna Merkel remains in charge but previously she was presiding over a coalition of Christian Democrats and Social Democrats, the left of centre Social Democrats being the ones who legalised prostitution in the days when they were in power without having to share it with the Christian Democrats.

I'm fine with the idea of free enterprise, unfortunately right wing govts that support this principle are often corrupted by being religious and letting religious ideas interfere with free enterprise in a negative way. Anna Merkel allowed prostitution to remain legal while she was allied with the Social Democrats, I hope she can do the same allied with her new partners, and that the Liberals live up to their billing of supporting free enterprise with little govt interference.

The important thing in Germany for prostitution isn't whether the right wing or the left wing win, it's whether the right wing can allow the free enterprise of prostitution to flourish without govt interference based on non-scientific religious ideas, or whether the left wing can allow the people to decide what their morals should be rather than imposing on the people what morals they think they should have.

The more things are banned, the more there is to make..... the government never wins....

You prohibit alcohol people profit from the illegal sales, same will happen with paid sex.

This could still go either way starman. I hope everyone in Denmark comes to their senses and values a liberal society which treats its sex workers with kindess and respect, not as "victims". Punters should not be viewed as evil people, rather just people seeking affection and kindess from other people offering this kind service. However misandrist and anti-sex ideology may still prevail over commonsense. Let's see and hope Denmark will not also fall victim to the anti-sex/rad fem movement.