JackR

Surely Only An Idiot Would Fall For 'bait And Switch' ...

40 posts in this topic

In a recent thread, a poster referred to 'bait and switch', which I believe refers to a less attractive girl being substituted for the girl in the picture.

This raises several interesting questions.

i.) Why would anyone pay the 'wrong' girl? If it's an incall, you walk. If it's an outcall, you tell her to walk.

ii.) Why would a girl take the time and trouble to pretend to be a girl who is supposedly far more attractive?

iii.) Why would anyone book any girl without first checking for reviews, feedback and the authenticity of her pictures?

Answers to all 3 of the above questions : some men think with their dicks, not their heads ...

Unfortunately, lots of ladies don't look much like their pics even though the pics are genuine just done with some studio trickery by the photographer and some photoshop after. So it isn't too unusual to turn up and wonder for a while if the lady is the one in the pics before accepting that she is. I, therefore, find it understandable that someone might convince himself that the lady he is meeting is the one in the pics and only later when he checks the website pics against his experience does he realise he has been bait-and-switched.

Also, let's not forget that we're in a relatively new situation here, with the internet having more or less rewritten the rules. Previously it was, in my experience at least, pretty rare to get a genuine glimpse of what the WG looked like prior to actually meeting her in the flesh. You might be pleasantly surprised, you might not. I recall being pretty amazed (and delighted) when I met one girl back in the mid-90s and realised she really was the girl on the phone booth card, face and all, but she was pretty much the exception to the rule. The notion that you can view authentic (if often photoshopped) photos of the girl herself before making the appointment is fairly new. On the whole, I'd say it's a step forward - more transparency, more opportunity for an informed decision, even if a photo can't really tell you about a WG's personality or whether there will be any chemistry. But I guess it's hardly surprising if some people continue to think in terms of the photo as being an idealised representation of the TYPE you'll meet, rather than an authentic picture of the girl herself.

And yes, I do realise I'm being overly charitable here. Of course I agree that in today's punting world, bait & switch is really just a form of deceit - it's seedy and sleazy and overall the kind of thing we hope to see less and less of. Right there with you on that. But it did occur to me that my initial point - that we're in a pretty new situation in this respect - was worth throwing in.

Edited by Beauregard

Why would a girl take the time and trouble to pretend to be a girl who is supposedly far more attractive?

Jack, quite often it's down to the agency owner. But then you'd know that wouldn't you, having been well and truly caught out as being the owner of a "bait and switch" agency in this recent thread:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/index.php/topic/20535-how-to-avoid-providers-who-are-trafficked-or-pimped/

This is a true story, as told to a WG friend of mine by another WG.

They met up one day and my friend asked her how's it going. The girl who was oriental told her she was doing great. She was making loads of money working for this agency which sent batches of girls all over the country, working from serviced apartments or hotels in various cities. The agency took care of everything, including the advertising All the girls had to do was get themselves to the accommodation and then work. The agency even took care of the calls.

The adverts were in place, and the agency used photos of glamour models as bait, and then it was up to the girl to blag it when the guy turned up. My friend asked her what she would do if the guy turned up expecting a blonde. She replied "oh I would just say I had dyed my hair or something"

I suppose bait and switch works because a bird in the hand........ is better than walking away with a throbbing dick :)

Edited by Sarah Summers

'it's down to the agency owner. But then you'd know that wouldn't you'

Haha! Nice one.

As someone who has spent their career in the legal world, you should know better than to post or repeat falsehoods Silverado.

But I do value your misguided contributions: 'it's down to the agency owner' being a prime example of your ignorance.

Back on topic: 'bait and switch'. Surely any guy who pays for a girl he believes to be a 'switch' really only has himself to blame.

Haha! Nice one.

As someone who has spent their career in the legal world, you should know better than to post or repeat falsehoods Silverado.

But I do value your misguided contributions: 'it's down to the agency owner' being a prime example of your ignorance.

Back on topic: 'bait and switch'. Surely any guy who pays for a girl he believes to be a 'switch' really only has himself to blame.

It is in no way ignorant it is down to both the Agency owner and WG if a punter books a WG from the Agency site and is then bait and switched. The Agency has lied to the punter as is the WG that actually turns up.

In a recent thread, a poster referred to 'bait and switch', which I believe refers to a less attractive girl being substituted for the girl in the picture.

i.) Why would anyone pay the 'wrong' girl? If it's an incall, you walk. If it's an outcall, you tell her to walk.

ii.) Why would a girl take the time and trouble to pretend to be a girl who is supposedly far more attractive?

iii.) Why would anyone book any girl without first checking for reviews, feedback and the authenticity of her pictures?

As has been posted the answer to you first question is because the punter is thinking with his dick which bad SPs rely on and many punters do, i used to myself before i started punting with a plan B option, and no that doesnt mean i double book.

The answer to your question two is linked to the first, she knows she is less attractive but knows there are punters who will think with their dicks and punt with her anyway so is just fine with a one-off punt having no interest in return custom, bad business sense in the medium or long term but to make quick money some clearly do it, i have unfortunately met a number myself over the years.

The answer to your question three is many punters have no idea or interest in sites like this that do reviews and have feedback of WGs, they punt as i used to pre-net by pure luck and rely on her pictures being up to date and accurate.

As an Agency owner you should know all this though, if not your not too smart as its your business to know about your clients. Whatever the lie it is the SPs fault if they lie to punters, a punter punts in good faith so he never deserves to be offered bad service anymore than if he was dealing with anyone he was paying for a service outside of punting.

It of course doesnt help when a SP purposely sets out to lie and deceive punters, you yourself have been accused of having fake pictures on your own site, i dont go to Agencies as in London they are far more expensive and greedy than the Indies i punt with but if i did this accusation would ensure i avoided your outfit, although to be fair your abusive attitude on the trafficking thread would be more than enough for me to never go to you if hell froze over.

As an Agency owner you should know all this though, if not your not too smart as its your business to know about your clients. Whatever the lie it is the SPs fault if they lie to punters, a punter punts in good faith so he never deserves to be offered bad service anymore than if he was dealing with anyone he was paying for a service outside of punting.

It of course doesnt help when a SP purposely sets out to lie and deceive punters, you yourself have been accused of having fake pictures on your own site, i dont go to Agencies as in London they are far more expensive and greedy than the Indies i punt with but if i did this accusation would ensure i avoided your outfit, although to be fair your abusive attitude on the trafficking thread would be more than enough for me to never go to you if hell froze over.

Thank you for casting me in the role of pantomime villain smiths - how aptly seasonal of you. Being happily married with children means I don't get the time to indulge in the sort of social recreation that you are apparently so fond of. Hence the reason for my question.

Perhaps it's me, but I don't see the point in asking something when I already know the answer to the question.

That said, I do honestly think that if a punter is so weak-minded they are unable to control certain urges, he has no-one to blame for subsequent pecuniary loss but himself.

In six years or so I have not once had someone inform me that the girl they met was not the girl they had chosen to meet. Even more bizarrely, the girls that amateur detectives here on Punternet have pointed as being 'bait and switch' are extremely popular, their feedback ranges from good to superb and they have long-established regulars.

Not that I would expect you or any other poster to believe that. After all, why let facts get in the way of a sceptical mind.

Being happily married with children means I don't get the time to indulge in the sort of social recreation that you are apparently so fond of.

That said, I do honestly think that if a punter is so weak-minded they are unable to control certain urges, he has no-one to blame for subsequent pecuniary loss but himself.

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of the sort of people who provide you with the financial means to keep the wolves from you and your family's door.

Thank you for casting me in the role of pantomime villain smiths - how aptly seasonal of you. Being happily married with children means I don't get the time to indulge in the sort of social recreation that you are apparently so fond of. Hence the reason for my question. Perhaps it's me, but I don't see the point in asking something when I already know the answer to the question. That said, I do honestly think that if a punter is so weak-minded they are unable to control certain urges, he has no-one to blame for subsequent pecuniary loss but himself. In six years or so I have not once had someone inform me that the girl they met was not the girl they had chosen to meet. Even more bizarrely, the girls that amateur detectives here on Punternet have pointed as being 'bait and switch' are extremely popular, their feedback ranges from good to superb and they have long-established regulars. Not that I would expect you or any other poster to believe that. After all, why let facts get in the way of a sceptical mind.

As i said if your smart you know about your potential clients in business, this just tells me what i suspected about you. As to the punter being to blame, your reply also comes as no surprise to me either, its always the punters fault in the world of people like you.

I have no idea who you are referring to regarding bait and switch and feedback. You are right about one thing, i definitely wouldnt believe anything you say without seeing proof its true, just taking your word for something isnt a fact, its accepting what you say is true, i dont know you from adam but from reading your posts recently you come across as both nasty and look down on punters, the very people who give you a living so i wouldnt trust you to do up my shoelaces.

This is a true story, as told to a WG friend of mine by another WG.

They met up one day and my friend asked her how's it going. The girl who was oriental told her she was doing great. She was making loads of money working for this agency which sent batches of girls all over the country, working from serviced apartments or hotels in various cities. The agency took care of everything, including the advertising All the girls had to do was get themselves to the accommodation and then work. The agency even took care of the calls.

The adverts were in place, and the agency used photos of glamour models as bait, and then it was up to the girl to blag it when the guy turned up. My friend asked her what she would do if the guy turned up expecting a blonde. She replied "oh I would just say I had dyed my hair or something"

I suppose bait and switch works because a bird in the hand........ is better than walking away with a throbbing dick :)

Funny my neice IS a Glamour model (Nuts, Sunday Sport - all the juvenille semi-wank mags.) and frankly she is about half as attractive as most of the wg's I've met. That industry is down to the skill of the photography as much as the physical talents of the model.

Bait and switch is really bad its a case of false advertising. The guys that are seasoned clients would probably say something and walk but it is a shame that guys that are just starting in this will just let it go and put it down to experience.

Shelly

there is always a fall guy lol .

Yes, indeed, but it would hardly be worth the hassle to lay the trap for just one single fall guy!

Me, my guess is that the (wicked) Agency isn't actually as guilty as we sometimes suggest and doesn't see it quite as putting peanut butter on the mouse trap (much better than cheese) but rather that new girl turns up, and wants to start tonight! So rather than ringing Nicky Ryan (or some other good photographer) and asking whether he can be there by, say, 15.30 hrs today to do a photo-shoot (No!), they just have a swift shufti at the bint, and pull several photos from their library of a girl who is broadly similar to the new girl. If several blokes turn up, take one look, and walk, she complains to the Agency, and they tell her that it's her problem - she should have got herself her own photos. A photo-shoot with a decent photographer will take an afternoon, and cost her her share of, say, at least four "dates", to include photographer, make up artist, and venue. Does she invest that much?

Some do, some don't! That's business!

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of the sort of people who provide you with the financial means to keep the wolves from you and your family's door.

On the contrary: I am ambivalent Northwinds. But I can tell you one thing: if the agency closed tomorrow it wouldn't make a jot of difference to my standard of living.

Only a fool would rely on a single income stream given the current economic climate.

Yes, indeed, but it would hardly be worth the hassle to lay the trap for just one single fall guy! Me, my guess is that the (wicked) Agency isn't actually as guilty as we sometimes suggest and doesn't see it quite as putting peanut butter on the mouse trap (much better than cheese) but rather that new girl turns up, and wants to start tonight! So rather than ringing Nicky Ryan (or some other good photographer) and asking whether he can be there by, say, 15.30 hrs today to do a photo-shoot (No!), they just have a swift shufti at the bint, and pull several photos from their library of a girl who is broadly similar to the new girl. If several blokes turn up, take one look, and walk, she complains to the Agency, and they tell her that it's her problem - she should have got herself her own photos. A photo-shoot with a decent photographer will take an afternoon, and cost her her share of, say, at least four "dates", to include photographer, make up artist, and venue. Does she invest that much? Some do, some don't! That's business!

IMO the Agency as thats who the punter is contacting and dealing with should ensure these photos are correct, she is on their site so they are responsible for who goes on their site. Get proper photos done before the WG is allowed to see punters would be what i would do if an Establishment owner as i would care about my reputation and having accurate pictures is important in that reputation. Pulling pictures of another woman who looks similar is completely out of order in my view, its a particular WG that the punter took a fancy to not someone similar and crucially the punter if he walks as its not who he expected it to be has had his time wasted by being lied to by the Agency confirming it is her he will be seeing not someone who looks like her, that simply isnt good enough in my view.

Edited by smiths

JackR, you're on the wind up, aren't you? You can't be a real person. I've read this and the trafficking thread and I can't believe anyone can be this much of a tool. Hilarious.

JackR, you're on the wind up, aren't you? You can't be a real person. I've read this and the trafficking thread and I can't believe anyone can be this much of a tool. Hilarious.

He isnt, he is a classic example of a bad Establishment owner where the punter is a idiot and deserves bad service. A few have said he has fake pictures on his Agency site which he disputes and he replies by posting personal abuse to them, not a pleasant man in my opinion. I feel sorry for his staff myself, fancy having someone with his short fuse in charge of you.

Edited by smiths

If youre a newbie to this game then its easy to fall prey to bait n switch.....and who can really blame them or worse call them an 'idiot' for it ??

Of course you can walk once you realise the woman opening the door or turning up at the hotel is very different to the one in the photos, but its the massive inconvenience and disappointment suffered thats often more the problem, not to mention the annoyance caused by the deliberate deception.

'Why do you think a girl would take the time and trouble to pretend to be a girl who is supposedly far more attractive?' is a silly question that only an 'idiot' would ask, and has an obvious answer

Not everyone is aware of sites like punternet and for many people it wouldnt even occur to them in the first place to look for reviews or review sites for wgs.

Does this make them 'idiots' too ?

Edited by BillGoldberg

Although reading these posts and JackR's responses he very much comes across as an unapologetic bait n switcher himself, who regards all punters as idiots and mere suckers to be relieved of their cash by any means necessary

Edited by BillGoldberg

On the contrary: I am ambivalent Northwinds. But I can tell you one thing: if the agency closed tomorrow it wouldn't make a jot of difference to my standard of living.

Only a fool would rely on a single income stream given the current economic climate.

So, not only are all punters who fall for B&S "idiots", Silverado both "misguided" and "ignorant" and many punters "weak-minded", now you are telling the significant majority of board members who are full-time, hard working, salaried employees that they are "fools".

Great PR for your agency JackR!

Although reading these posts and JackR's responses he very much comes across as an unapologetic bait n switcher himself, who regards all punters as idiots and mere suckers to be relieved of their cash by any means necessary

Unapolagetic bait n switcher perhaps, troll certainly. You wouldn't catch me falling for it and posting in his thread.

Woops!

G

No a guy isnt an idiot if he falls for bait n switch.

Hes an idiot if he carries on and then wonders why it was dissapointment after...

If shes not the girl in the photo, then the first question that pops into my head is why?

If shes a repulsive wart on legs then yes a good reason shes not using her real pics,

If shes attractive and has a nice body then why in this day and age is she not just blurring her face if she doesnt want to be recognised.

The only reason I can think of is that shes very likely to be trafficked (Well, if your a trafficer your unlikley to put the pics of your victim up on the world wide web so anyone and everyone can see evidence of whats going on). In which case, walk anyway incase you get busted...

but to answer your questions:

Some guys dont want to make a fuss, some will think that thats the way the industry is and just go with it (Huh was I really expecting Megan Fox?), some are already all worked up, horny and have such high expectations that it doesnt matter if shes not quite the image they had in their head.

If they've booked a hotel, travelled hundreds of miles, then turning round and going back or deciding to cut your losses isnt going to beat the other option of "well Ive come this far...might as well give her a chance.."

Time and trouble? I think stealing and using someone elses pics is alot more easier than getting your own ones done. Okay maybe she couldnt be bothered to pay for her own, or shes trafficed and she cant use her own,

And use someone whose obviously more stunning as more chance that guys are going to book her, and get away with it due to the answer of i) above..

And then if shes caught out, she wont care, she'll just dissappear as no one really knows what she looks like.. so use a different set of pics next time..and change her name..

Not all punters know that there are review sites, Not all working girls are going to have reviews, not every punter is going to have submitted feedback, (there are punters even on here who never post FRs). Not every punter knows how to use tineye to check, tineye doesnt alway pick up copied pics.

There are fake reviews for agencies (just look at the abeautifulamoure thread on the request for info) and for WGs.

But if all punters waited for feedback and reviews then no new WGs would have any business since everyones steering clear till someone takes the plunge...

Edited by Overworked