Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeilB

Thailand, Vietnam And Cambodia

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

About to embark on a long awaited Asian trip I was wondering if any of you have done similar

I arrive in BKK Fri 25th for 3 nights, flight to Hanoi on Mon for 2 nights. I then have until the 12th Dec to get back to BKK and am pretty flexible so does anyone have any advice or warnings that may help me on my way, I think you all know what I am after nudge nudge but not after getting ripped off

Any pointers really appreciated

Cheers

Neil

Hi all

About to embark on a long awaited Asian trip I was wondering if any of you have done similar

I arrive in BKK Fri 25th for 3 nights, flight to Hanoi on Mon for 2 nights. I then have until the 12th Dec to get back to BKK and am pretty flexible so does anyone have any advice or warnings that may help me on my way, I think you all know what I am after nudge nudge but not after getting ripped off

Any pointers really appreciated

Cheers

Neil

Too much to tell, too little space here to tell it - and there are much better places to seek this info. Try www.internationalsexguide.com and www.worldsexarchives.com. Plenty of info on all three countries in both but Thailand is where you should spend most of your nudge-nudge time. Cambodia, primarily Phnom Penh, is worth a stop-over for a bit of nudging and Vietnam is the best touristic country of the three but punting there is too expensive and, compared to Thailand and Cambodia, far more complicated.

ps, welcome to the board!

Edited by Tiggy 7

Too much to tell, too little space here to tell it - and there are much better places to seek this info. Try www.internationalsexguide.com and www.worldsexarchives.com. Plenty of info on all three countries in both but Thailand is where you should spend most of your nudge-nudge time. Cambodia, primarily Phnom Penh, is worth a stop-over for a bit of nudging and Vietnam is the best touristic country of the three but punting there is too expensive and, compared to Thailand and Cambodia, far more complicated.

ps, welcome to the board!

Agree with Tiggy. Not been to Cambodia but Hanoi is not a great place for punting. The night club in Sheraton in the basement is full of WG but I would not rate them at all. It is a good time of the year to be in Hanoi though as it is cool and rather pleasant. I would spent most of my time in Thailand if I were you.

Vietnam is a bit of a punting wasteland (you cannot legally take girls back to hotels) - so need to do incalls in pretty damn seedy hostel type places (they are fit for purpose I suppose!). Saigon has the most action of all cities in Vietnam. Hanoi/Halong Bay/Hoi An are all must see's from a touristic perspective.

Cambodia - Siem Reap (gateway town to Angkor) has a bit going on - apart from the most unimaginably awe-inspiring Angkor temple complex - but you are in a minority if you punt here and it is again a tad seedy. As Tiggy says Phnom Penh is well worth a look see - great looking and great value girls here - lots of info sites on where to go (my fav is Sharkys Bar - can have a good chat with girls and play a bit of pool before deciding) - but choices are endless.

best action is defo in Thailand - Bangkok and Pattaya - loads of info on both of these places.

Enjoy!

Vietnam is a bit of a punting wasteland (you cannot legally take girls back to hotels) - so need to do incalls in pretty damn seedy hostel type places (they are fit for purpose I suppose!). Saigon has the most action of all cities in Vietnam. Hanoi/Halong Bay/Hoi An are all must see's from a touristic perspective.

Cambodia - Siem Reap (gateway town to Angkor) has a bit going on - apart from the most unimaginably awe-inspiring Angkor temple complex - but you are in a minority if you punt here and it is again a tad seedy. As Tiggy says Phnom Penh is well worth a look see - great looking and great value girls here - lots of info sites on where to go (my fav is Sharkys Bar - can have a good chat with girls and play a bit of pool before deciding) - but choices are endless.

best action is defo in Thailand - Bangkok and Pattaya - loads of info on both of these places.

Enjoy!

Taking girls back to hotel in Hanoi depends on where you stay. Most private hotels will happily allow you take a girl in but if it is late at night you have to pay something like $10 to the receptionist. Socially owned hotels will not allow it at all. There are also a number of apartment hotels in Hanoi ranging in price. These places ask no question at all. Somerset is a good example. Best way of finding nice looking girls is by asking your masseuse if they want to pay a private visit. I tried this in two 5 star hotels and both happily visited me and I continue to see them when I am in Hanoi. They are content with $50 for the night but I pay more and take them presents. An alternative would be to go to one of the many HR massage places and ask the girl but they are unlikely to speak any English. Avoid offer of girls on the street and by taxi drivers.

Many of the bars that attract western people also have WGs hanging around. You would expect that the girls would be naive but far from it. They are very professional. They will be all very nice to you at the bar and if not careful will make sure you ring up a big bar bill. They become a lot more passive when in your apartment and just want to take their money and go.

Taking girls back to hotel in Hanoi depends on where you stay. Most private hotels will happily allow you take a girl in but if it is late at night you have to pay something like $10 to the receptionist. Socially owned hotels will not allow it at all. There are also a number of apartment hotels in Hanoi ranging in price. These places ask no question at all. Somerset is a good example. Best way of finding nice looking girls is by asking your masseuse if they want to pay a private visit. I tried this in two 5 star hotels and both happily visited me and I continue to see them when I am in Hanoi. They are content with $50 for the night but I pay more and take them presents. An alternative would be to go to one of the many HR massage places and ask the girl but they are unlikely to speak any English. Avoid offer of girls on the street and by taxi drivers.

Many of the bars that attract western people also have WGs hanging around. You would expect that the girls would be naive but far from it. They are very professional. They will be all very nice to you at the bar and if not careful will make sure you ring up a big bar bill. They become a lot more passive when in your apartment and just want to take their money and go.

Also, beware of LBs riding tandem on motorcycles late at night and in the wee small hours of the morning. They don't like taking 'NO' for an answer! More common in Saigon but it can happen in Hanoi, as well. :P Edited by Tiggy 7

I used to go to Phnom Penh a lot between 2003 and 2008 but then got bored with the scene and swtiched back to going to Thailand :ph34r:

If you havent been there b4, it is well worth a visit. Friendly locals and cheepsk8 prices, all denomin8d in US dollars which is the currency there along with the local Riel. The ST r8 in hostess bars starts at only $15 although the girls will always try and get more, loads of hostess bars and all close to each other and easy to find. I liked 69 and Bar 104, Sharkys always worth a visit and Martini is the famous cheap pick-up restaurant-disco. You dont need to bother with the upmarket KTVs or niteclubs which are for rich Chinese.

Enjoy :D