Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Essexrover

Are The Scammers Getting Lazy?

7 posts in this topic

I've noticed that the quality of scams on everyone's favourite other site are becoming more and more obvious to spot. Is this experience on my part or are these people getting lazy?

New today is one with a name at the top "sexyhotzoe69", describing said lady as having "long brown hair", accompanied by pictures of a blonde and signed "Carmen".

Why bother???

I've noticed that the quality of scams on everyone's favourite other site are becoming more and more obvious to spot. Is this experience on my part or are these people getting lazy?

New today is one with a name at the top "sexyhotzoe69", describing said lady as having "long brown hair", accompanied by pictures of a blonde and signed "Carmen".

Why bother???

Probably a mixture of both your bullshit meter becoming more refined and laziness or in many cases a severe lack of brain power on behalf of the scammer.

I assume they bother as they continue to get punters and many punters dont know about or arent interested in sites like this as i know from speaking to some at Parties over the years and are basically more gullible in enough cases for these scumbags to make a buck.

The pity is the owners of that site dont do more to get rid of scammers, but as long as they are themselves making money off them its clear thats all they care about. Still by far the best site to locate WGs through for me though. :)

Edited by smiths

Still by far the best site to locate WGs through for me though. :)

Yes, for all its faults, I agree with that. There's a goodly number of darn good indies, and the search facilities are outstandingly good.

I suspect scammers are not getting lazier (great majority of them have always been lazy), but it gets easier to spot them with practice.

I agree that site could do more to prevent new scam profiles coming on (one of my normal searches is new profiles within 15 miles of the dog kennel that is Chez Jack, and reckon over 80% of new profiles are fake). But large majority disappear quickly, so some measures must be in place.

Surely most of the scammers are just looking for the money generated by private gallery visits. I would only visit the private gallery after deciding to meet with a girl based on FRs, carefully correlated feedback etc and contacting the girl in question first by email then by phone.

The ones that look like scams invariably are and there's no response to emails or phone calls for them. A day or two later they have changed name, moved location or disappeared - without any of my money.

I don't think the profiles are being taken down by anyone actually policing them.

Mark

I don't disagree with points above but would add that the sort of inconsistency the OP cited looks like a situation where the location stays but the girl changes and then the editor's laziness/carelessness shows through.

But I have noticed how often girls move around the country without actually being on the accepted idea of a tour; a bit like the oriental model in other words.

That of course still leaves it open which of the profiles refer to coeced girls and which to a basically acceptable arrangement with the girl's consent.

I have recently been surprised about a new contact I feared was coerced turning out to be seemingly actually happy with all the arrangements and she is an intelligent person with a clear focus for why she is doing what she is at present and what her plans are.

And yes I could find out I'm wrong.

I've reported four profiles in the Aberdeen area in the past three days, three of which all used photos from camwithcarmen.com. The first three were all removed, and I'm just waiting to see if this next one will be too. It's using the pictures of a playmate called Tatiana Taylor, so blatantly fake.

It's clearly the same person making all the profiles, and I really don't understand why they don't just give up. I'm certainly not going to!

But this person does seem to be lazy. However, tineye also makes spotting fakes so much easier,as does Google's "search image" facility.

Why bother???

sorry, i hate scammers but thats just funny! perhaps though they were old pictures and she couldnt be arsed or didnt know how to crop her old working name or the name of the photographer off.