Guest bricktop

Firefox Question.

12 posts in this topic

I`m sure an older version of firefox used to save all my open tabs when it shut down, now since I got a new version quite a back it doesnt seem to have this feature, or am I just being thick and blind??

B.T.

I`m sure an older version of firefox used to save all my open tabs when it shut down, now since I got a new version quite a back it doesnt seem to have this feature, or am I just being thick and blind??

B.T.

Tools>Options>General>When Firefox Starts>Show my windows and tabs from last time

yep, as above but ime ff never seems capable of doing so -- esp. after a reboot ! really bloody annoying! i never have this prob with the brilliant Opera and less brilliant chrome .

When you open Firefox again it might give you a blank page. On that blank page you should see something ask you to reload your last session.

I liked the older way better but it's still there in 9.0

^yeah, know what u mean but it's hit and miss -- no consistency. Opera 11 always remembers the last closed session :cool:

Make sure under Tools>Options>Privacy you don't have the option checked that deletes cookies when you close Firefox. The cookies remember where you were.

^yep, done that, still the same .

Another one to try, History>Restore Previous Session

^don't have that as an option here ...

Thanks all,

I found in options, general...*When Firefox starts* - select the " show my windows and tabs from last time"

I`m a fecking Genius innit!

There was also an addon on mozilla website that was improving tabbing capabilities of firefox with the inclusion of an effective managing of the latest tabs visited. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, but I think it will be easy finding it since it was one of the most downloaded.