Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Essexrover

Press reaction to Mad Hattie

31 posts in this topic

I've just been trawling the various news sites looking for what the reaction has been to date.

Most of the papers are reporting the attack on what Hattie says this site is as fact sadly with little attempt to see what the truth is. I guess that will take a few days to filter through and the responsible press will work out its just more claptrap and be a little more editorial in their responses.

Punternet has always been very responsible about the industry and to pick it out specifically from the vast range of resources out there as Hattie has is extremely irresponsible. Surely "the other site" is the one to go after if you are just going to pick on one in a speech? There are many more dodgy things going on there than ever occur here with regards to the more excessive and dodgy parts of the sex industry.

Has Galahad got grounds to go after her for slander?

I first became aware of Hatties attack on the site when driving my kids back from school, when Geoff Lloyd on Absolute Radio was laughing about "Punternet". If she was looking to get the site shut down for real, what she has actually done is given it a huge amount of free publicity. Does the woman actually have a brain?

A couple of regional local rags have picked it up and had a look at what is available in their neck of the woods, which could cause trouble for the individuals named I guess if the Police decide they need to make an example, even though people are doing nothing illegal here. I'd suggest ladies check their local press and take care accordingly.

Finally, NBC California have a nice paragraph in their report:

"Thankfully, Schwarzenegger is not actually a ruthless dictator, and probably doesn't have the power to arbitrarily crush a small business with an iron fist, as much as he might like to.

Besides, whack the PunterNet mole and watch people pop up at San Francisco institutions like SF Redbook and, of course, Craigslist."

If she was looking to get the site shut down for real, what she has actually done is given it a huge amount of free publicity. Does the woman actually have a brain?

Yes, she knows what she's doing - getting lots of publicity for herself to boost her own chances of becoming Labour leader after the next election. Just as when last week she claimed that businesses were able to get tax relief on taking clients to lapdancing clubs, and had to be corrected by the Treasury hours later. By then she had alreadygot her headlines, and I expect will have shored up her position among the feminists in the Labour Party.

Yes, she knows what she's doing - getting lots of publicity for herself to boost her own chances of becoming Labour leader after the next election. Just as when last week she claimed that businesses were able to get tax relief on taking clients to lapdancing clubs, and had to be corrected by the Treasury hours later. By then she had alreadygot her headlines, and I expect will have shored up her position among the feminists in the Labour Party.

Not a sniff of a chance whatsoever.

Unless they want to remain out of government for the next ten years.

Actually they will be out of power for the next ten years regardless of who they elect, so it doesn't matter in the slightest.

When will people realise they're all the same and it makes no difference who is in power? There's not a sheet of paper difference between all the main parties.

When will people realise they're all the same and it makes no difference who is in power? There's not a sheet of paper difference between all the main parties.

As the old saying (attributed to many and various people) goes, it doesn't matter who you vote for, it's always the bloody government that seems to get in.

Both main partes are:

Pro Europe, pro pointless wars, soft on immigration, soft on criminal scum but tough on decent working people with regard to taxing them to death and interfering in their lives.

As the old saying (attributed to many and various people) goes, it doesn't matter who you vote for, it's always the bloody government that seems to get in.

I love reading some of the Autonomist spiel.

When gangsters compete for territory, the winning gang is called the government.

The supposed purpose of government is to protect its citizens from crime, foreign invasion, and breach of contract. In fact, no government has ever done any of these things, and never will, because it is impossible. The best that government can do is to come in after a crime has been committed, the country has been invaded, or the contract breached and try to rectify the situation. What it usually does is cause more harm to both the victim and perpetrator, cause greater distruction than the invaders, and cause greater fiscal harm to both parties of the contract, without improving anything.

A government is an organization that exists for the sole purpose of enabling some people to impose their will and desires on other individuals by means for force.

A society comprised entirely of honest, competent, productive, healthy, reasonable individuals would have no use for a government. Governments exist because societies are comprised mostly of dishonest, incompetent, unproductive, sick, and unreasonable people.

All government employees are corrupt.

Anyone who enjoys benefits from the government is a receiver of stolen goods.

A government is an organization that claims the right to initiate the use of force against individuals to satisfy its own purposes. An individual that does this is called a thug. A group of individuals who do this are called gangsters, that is, unless they write down their intentions in noble terms and call it a Constitution; then the gangsters are called presidents, senators and congressmen.

What distinguishes government from all other organizations is its assumed right to initiate the use of force against its citizens to expropriate their property for its own support. A voluntarily supported government is a contradiction in terms.

All Rulers, czars, emperors, kings, chairmen, presidents, are the basest of men. To believe or expect anything else flies in the face of reason and revelation. At least, that is what the Bible teaches.

(--Daniel 4:17).

The mistake most people make when dealing with the government is to suppose that it can be dealt with rationally. A government is based on the irrational principle of the initiation of the use of force as a means of dealing with people. To attempt to reason with the government is like reasoning with a pack of wild beasts bent on eating you.

Generally, the way to deal with the government is the way you would deal with any irrational and dangerous animal: avoid it as much as possible, do nothing to draw its attention to you, (if you don't bother it, it will usually leave you alone). If forced to deal with it, find out what it wants and the cheapest way to satisfy it. As quietly and calmly as possible, meet the demands and move on. It will be so busy looking for new victims, it may never notice you again.

If you must fight the government, be prepared for a fight to the death, which will almost certainly be yours.

The government is no more your enemy than the fisher cat that invades your chicken coop is your enemy. The word enemy ought to be reserved for those worthy of it.

The government is not a rational agency, it is an irrational force that, like the weather, cannot be controlled, but can be dealt with. We do not deal with the weather by reasoning with it, reforming it, or becoming weather activists. The weather will do whatever it does, and government will do whatever it does and nothing you do will change either. There are methods of predicting, at least short range, what the weather is likely to do and taking appropriate measures to deal with it. There are methods of predicting, at least short range, what a government will do and taking appropriate measures to deal with it. Still, there is always some surprise with both. This also can be planned for an dealt with.

"Without government there would be anarchy and chaos. So!?"

There is government because most people are terrified of chaos. They prefer the government alternatives: war, corruption, and tyranny.

Without government there would be anarchy and chaos. With government there is war, taxes, corruption, oppression, coercion, and terror. Maybe you think these things are order.

if you read the online stuff in the press they have places to comment on stories. Most of these comments are anti HH. SHe is out on a limb on this one. People either think prostotution is OK, or they done care. there is no great groundswell agin it I feel

Kinks, I tend to agree, reading the comments and coverage in the Press, the tide could be turning on this one. I hope so. She coulda shot herself in the stilletto BIG TIME with this farce of an attack. xx

I love reading some of the Autonomist spiel.

Hi Melanie

Thanks! This is great stuff and I quite see why you like it. Could you maybe give us a link/source for it? Much appreciated.

if you read the online stuff in the press they have places to comment on stories. Most of these comments are anti HH. SHe is out on a limb on this one. People either think prostotution is OK, or they done care. there is no great groundswell agin it I feel

People are most concerned about jobs, crime(non trafficking), lazy politicians, the police, immigration, the rise of militant Islam, the war, where they can get a cheap kebab.:D Unfortunately HH did not even mention the cheap kebab.

I have seen very little in the press about ThePunternet Affair, i was expecting a splurge in the sundays, but zilch from what i saw, a week and it will be old news, not even the Terminator has been moved to comment.

the feminazi are having kittens knowing they will have no real influence soon. so expect even more crits soon. ps i have just found out they maybe closing the trafficing police service. why? cos there is'nt any.

People are most concerned about jobs, crime(non trafficking), lazy politicians, the police, immigration, the rise of militant Islam, the war, where they can get a cheap kebab.:confused: Unfortunately HH did not even mention the cheap kebab.

Now that's another item to excercise a fluffy mind! I'd rather find a GOOD kebab than just a cheap one. Not had a good one since some Council prat decided that the kabab caravan run by some Turkish Kurd exciles was "inappropriate" & "unacceptable"- have to be the most hateful words in the language

Like any successful politician HH is guided principally by the main chance. She will only lay off her crusade if she can be convinced that on balance it is a net vote loser. If, as I suspect, she thinks it's electorally neutral, she will then act on principle, insofar as she has any.

Trying to understand her, speculatively, is not easy. I would assume that she is smart enough to see that the 'trafficking', such as it is, is something of a red herring, even if it provides her with a handy stick with which to beat the industry. All the more so as everyone knows that the proposed legislation is likely to lead to an increase in trafficking.

Her objection to prostitution may be on the grounds that it redresses the power balance between men and women such that men have an third option of paying for sex, as opposed to having to beg for it (tiresome), or take it (unacceptable). She may personally prefer a world where women can control and manipulate their fellas using sex alternatively as carrot and (by witholding) stick. If so she would regard prostitutes as traitors to her gender, letting the side down. If that's her thing she would lose little sleep over their being punished along with the punters.

Alternatively she may hold the premise that all forms of prostitution as inherently degrading of women. In this view she would be bolstered by some of the more gynaecologically-correct reviews and threads made by some of our less-squeamish contributors. The letter of protest signed up to by so many of the Laydeeeze of the Board would hold no truck with her. She would say they are in denial, and she would feel sorry for them. They would just need reforming in her eyes, poor lambs. It would certainly fit with her two-breasts-good-two-balls-bad world view.

How do other people think about this? What really is her fundamental motivation?

Her fundemental motiviation is of course imagining herself sitting in No.10. She or her rad fam sisters do not care about career prostitutes, I was told this by a writer on an article that I replied to in the Guardian last year. We are irrelevent in their dogma.

How do other people think about this? What really is her fundamental motivation?

She is a politician therefore her fundamental motivation(s) have to be votes and power.

She is a politician therefore her fundamental motivation(s) have to be votes and power.

Yes, perhaps I am over-analysing her. I have a tendancy to do that.

Actually they will be out of power for the next ten years regardless of who they elect, so it doesn't matter in the slightest

Exactly.. that's why she wants to become leader, it's her last chance to get her hands on all the money..

Press reaction, sort of.

American radio and web TV show The Young Turks gets a whiff of the story and does some actual reporting. Instead of just parroting Harman's talking points, they (drumroll) go and have a look at the site themselves (and read FRs out loud). They seem to get what Pnet is actually about pretty fast.

Good to see that level headed people who don't have their heads up their rectums aren't that quick to judge.

Press reaction, sort of.

American radio and web TV show The Young Turks gets a whiff of the story and does some actual reporting. Instead of just parroting Harman's talking points, they (drumroll) go and have a look at the site themselves (and read FRs out loud). They seem to get what Pnet is actually about pretty fast.

Good to see that level headed people who don't have their heads up their rectums aren't that quick to judge.

Male reporter was a bit of a weirdo, but I liked his comment that after hearing the gushing "won't go into details as that's private etc." review of Samantha he wanted to go and see her just to "fuck this guy's girlfriend"

Now that's another item to excercise a fluffy mind! I'd rather find a GOOD kebab than just a cheap one. Not had a good one since some Council prat decided that the kabab caravan run by some Turkish Kurd exciles was "inappropriate" & "unacceptable"- have to be the most hateful words in the language
If you someday find yourself feeling a might peckish in the vicinity of East Sheen (SW14), I can highly recommend the Turkish kebab shop on Upper Richmond Road, just east of the intersection with Sheen Lane. The 'large' doner costs 5 quid and is absolutely 'to die for'.

(okay, I confess, this is blatant 'cheerleading')

Shall make a note of that for post the Veterans' Head of the River next March!

Efes should be the house beer?

I have seen very little in the press about ThePunternet Affair, i was expecting a splurge in the sundays, but zilch from what i saw, a week and it will be old news, not even the Terminator has been moved to comment.

I too though there would be some thing in the Sunday Papers, but nothing., but it is still bubbling along in the blog sphere. I noticed that Tom Miller is still ranting on about us in his labour home blog.

He suggests that reviews are dehumanising but then doesn't stop to think. The government uses them every day for Doctors, Schools, Nurses, Police Officers & Civil Servants, etc. So blinkered he can't see his own hypocrisy.

It's obvious that he's never even read any field reports, otherwise he might have noticed that they are mostly recommendations, which out number negative reviews at least 10 to 1.