overthemoon

Do Girls Prefer To Speak To A Punter First, Or Will A Text Suffice?

52 posts in this topic

There's problably no 'norm' on this one, but how many girls accept a new punter 'on spec', and are happy to make a booking just by text instead of actually speaking to the guy first?.

I refuse to meet a lady myself unless she has a conversation with me prior to meet.

in all honesty, i would prefer to speak. that way can get to know you a little, ask for requests etc. I just find it more easier to prepare the booking by having a convosation first, plus stops any texts lingering on the client's phone and risking them been read by someone he doesn't want to see them.

There's problably no 'norm' on this one, but how many girls accept a new punter 'on spec', and are happy to make a booking just by text instead of actually speaking to the guy first?.

Anyone arranging a booking, (punter or WG) for the first time purely by text needs their head examining. It could be a 10 year old school boy or girl sending the text, it could be a bloke pretending to be a WG. Then the idiot comes on here here and complains that they've been made to look like an idiot, because they have met up with a bloke in a dress or booked a hotel room which they are now sat in on their own etc. You don't tend to get the women who post on here making the same mistakes, it is normally the men, I think it's called Being Lead By Their Dicks Syndrome?

Never mind what the ladies think (though actually I do mind what they think) my own preference is for a chat on the phone first, as mentioned by the others.

You can tell so much more about someone in a 3 or 4 minute call than by 3 hours of texting. Sometimes during a chat I decide not to visit and bring the chat to a close without a booking.

I definitely require a call. I get suspicious texts all the time along the lines of "Whose number is this?" that surely come from jilted partners. I especially don't take texts from regulars because the more often they book, the more likely they are to get caught.

I especially don't take texts from regulars because the more often they book, the more likely they are to get caught.

A very good point.

I prefer to make initial contact to a girl by email, followed by a call at a specified time to confirm details. Just feels a bit awkward to me phoning a girl without some prior contact.

Wouldn't text though.

Wouldn't text though.

Some of us are too old to manage text speak :eek:

porker paul: Quote: Some of us are too old to manage text speak."

As an 'oldie' myself, I still use proper English. You won't find any lower-case 'I's' either.

I always expect a phone call at some point. I don't mind a text for an initial contact but I will ask a guy to call me. It doesn't rule out time wasters completely but I think it helps and it does ensure it isn't a woman or child and that they have a reasonable enough command of English to make their visit enjoyable for me as well as them! The attitude of the caller also makes a huge difference as to whether I will see someone or not.

Am interested as to why the OP wants to know this, I am assuming he doesn't want to make a call but would prefer to text.

Am interested as to why the OP wants to know this, I am assuming he doesn't want to make a call but would prefer to text.

Whatever, I think he's discovered that there is a 'norm'.

It depends on the WG, i will only book a punt by phone after having a chat, its absolutely essential for me to get confirmation of the services she advertises are actually still on offer at the price advertised as well as getting an idea of her attitude. I would never book a newbie to me by any other method. If a regular texts are fine.

I prefer to make initial contact to a girl by email, followed by a call at a specified time to confirm details. Just feels a bit awkward to me phoning a girl without some prior contact. Wouldn't text though.

What makes you feel awkward about phoning without prior contact?

Don't think I have ever visited an indie without a phone conversation prior to the visit, drop ins at a parlour are, of course, very different, often end up in the Forrest Gump syndrome - never know what you are going to get! Can reduce this risk with a phone call to an indie.

I always expect a phone call at some point. I don't mind a text for an initial contact but I will ask a guy to call me. It doesn't rule out time wasters completely but I think it helps and it does ensure it isn't a woman or child and that they have a reasonable enough command of English to make their visit enjoyable for me as well as them! The attitude of the caller also makes a huge difference as to whether I will see someone or not.

Exactly. If I receive a text, I text back "I am available, please ring me to arrange". If this elicits another text I write them off as a time waster as they cannot follow a basic instruction. It is vitally important to speak to the other person.

Exactly. If I receive a text, I text back "I am available, please ring me to arrange". If this elicits another text I write them off as a time waster as they cannot follow a basic instruction. It is vitally important to speak to the other person.

Very true and it works both ways.

Same here although I do add "...no texts though please" to the reply. It then winds me up when I receive another text asking "when can I call you?" or "can I call in 10 minutes?". I mean, what part of "no texts" isn't clear? :confused: Just pick the phone up and call me within the times clearly mentioned on my website, there's no need to ask first. :rolleyes: If it isn't convenient for me to pick up I won't, in which case leave a message or try again later, but it's no bother to me if I get a call when I'm busy.

I actually really dislike texts as they are such a lousy way to have a conversation and they are poor value for money with PAYG.

For reasons already mentioned, I never accept bookings from clients I’ve not met before via text.

Edited by Lara Brooks

I do take a text to book an appointement- but only on certain circumstances, i,e person has been recommended by someone I know or

regular client etc,. as it is easier to book this way for them and for me. If a new punter on spec, this would be ok if good articulate english in text form and happy to book but would always have a quick chat beforehand.

Generally I would call especially if its to see a new WG, however, when I see a regular, depending on who she is and if I book in advance I would text and then call on the morning of the day to confirm...

I've had several good punts in the past, all arranged by texting and with no actual spoken conversation. Thankfully nothing untoward happened and so I was lucky. But now I do usually follow up with a phone call.

However, I've never been called back by a WG eg. If I leave her a message. Always get texted to call her again. Tight arses!

I asked this question initially as my last two punts (both from the purple site, and with positive feedback) didn't insist on me calling them, even though I expected them to. One said that she prefers punters to book via the booking form, and that a proportion of those punters who do call don't turn up. I was, however, honestly surprised that they would arrange meetings with an 'unknown'.

I asked this question initially as my last two punts (both from the purple site, and with positive feedback) didn't insist on me calling them, even though I expected them to. One said that she prefers punters to book via the booking form, and that a proportion of those punters who do call don't turn up. I was, however, honestly surprised that they would arrange meetings with an 'unknown'.

Totaly mad if you ask me, I can understand the booking form thing as that allows feedback on 'timewasters', however surely a conversation if only for a minute is essential?

I'm fine with a text or email to be honest. I hate how I sound on the phone so I don't mind just having a conversation through texts.

I am, however, happy to talk to anyone on the phone if they ask.