Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deleted user 1

Robbery

5 posts in this topic

Visited an establishment on Friday. At the end of the punt, I was chatting with the girl and she mentioned they had been robbed the previous week by men wielding shotguns! She and another girl jumped out the window and fled, the police were called and the perps were apprehended. The police have now installed a panic alarm, and of course have asked the parlour to move on. I wonder if this is a regular occurrence in the industry? It raises some interesting questions I think....

Robbery is an unfortunate fact of everyday life, all over the world. The recession has made it even worse. With the parlour trade lots of other factors have an influence on this. Competition, girls themselves, locals, protection rackets and all sorts of other nastiness.

It may have been a warning signal to the parlour or some other score may have been settled. I think you will find that most parlour owners/operators on here will have some stories to tell.

I wonder if this is a regular occurrence in the industry? It raises some interesting questions I think....

Both Bookies & Brothels tend to collect substantial quantities of ready cash in used notes, which are valued at 100%, unlike jewellery which has to be fenced, with a substantial commission payable. The ideal victims! Brothel keepers, warned by SashaB's disgraceful treatment by Police, CPS and Judge, often don't complain. So, yes, I fear it is a regular occurrence. Raid a restaurant/wine bar in the City of London, and probably you'll get little more than a bundle of credit card slips, which won't take you far.

BTW - researching this lucid and informative (?) response, I came upon the Sentencing Guidelines which the Blair/Brown gang brought in, because they don't trust judges, and I find the following (among much other guff):

If a weapon is involved in the use or threat of force, the offence will be more serious. Possession of a weapon during the course of an offence will be an aggravating factor, even if it is not used, because it indicates planning. If the offence involves a real firearm it will be more serious if that firearm is loaded. Whether the weapon is real or imitation is not a major factor in determining sentence because the amount of fear created in the victim is likely to be the same.

Can any of my better educated bretherin explain how one meshes the last sentence (If it looks like a gun, it fucking is a gun.) with the previous one which says that if the gun is loaded (Does the victim ask whether it is loaded?) the offence is more serious. I'd agree that if it is fired, that makes the offence more serious, even it it doesn't become murder!

Visited an establishment on Friday. At the end of the punt, I was chatting with the girl and she mentioned they had been robbed the previous week by men wielding shotguns! She and another girl jumped out the window and fled, the police were called and the perps were apprehended. The police have now installed a panic alarm, and of course have asked the parlour to move on. I wonder if this is a regular occurrence in the industry? It raises some interesting questions I think....

Sadly a brothel near me was robbed a while back and the security guy was murdered, the police have arrested and charged someone but i dont know if they have got everyone involved.

As Irgendeiner says its a cash business making them a target for scum.

Both Bookies & Brothels tend to collect substantial quantities of ready cash in used notes, which are valued at 100%, unlike jewellery which has to be fenced, with a substantial commission payable. The ideal victims! Brothel keepers, warned by SashaB's disgraceful treatment by Police, CPS and Judge, often don't complain. So, yes, I fear it is a regular occurrence. Raid a restaurant/wine bar in the City of London, and probably you'll get little more than a bundle of credit card slips, which won't take you far.

BTW - researching this lucid and informative (?) response, I came upon the Sentencing Guidelines which the Blair/Brown gang brought in, because they don't trust judges, and I find the following (among much other guff):

If a weapon is involved in the use or threat of force, the offence will be more serious. Possession of a weapon during the course of an offence will be an aggravating factor, even if it is not used, because it indicates planning. If the offence involves a real firearm it will be more serious if that firearm is loaded. Whether the weapon is real or imitation is not a major factor in determining sentence because the amount of fear created in the victim is likely to be the same.

Can any of my better educated bretherin explain how one meshes the last sentence (If it looks like a gun, it fucking is a gun.) with the previous one which says that if the gun is loaded (Does the victim ask whether it is loaded?) the offence is more serious. I'd agree that if it is fired, that makes the offence more serious, even it it doesn't become murder!

They will have a tariff set for various factors, one for the initial charge (robbery), then carrying a weapon (real or imitation), armed robbery and then carrrying a loaded weapon which will add additional years to that tariff. Carrying a loaded weapon or ammo may also add a number of "Going equipped" charges.