ladyofthemansion

Not doing an appointment system. Opinions please.

32 posts in this topic

Up until yesterday most of my days ran smoothly with 9 out of 10 turning up for appointments.

Yesterday and today I have had a large amount of no shows and last minute cancellations.:mad:

The sad thing is there were guys who wanted an appointment who I turned down because my appointment book was full.

At this moment I am tempted to drop the appointment system, only for new clients. That does mean there is the possibility the gent will have a wait. However, had I implemented that system last night and today some guys who I said No to, would have got to see me.

Do any of you ladies do that? Also, how would you guys fell about that?

it is no win situation sadly either way you can gain or loose and you can only do what you feel comfy with personally I only offer same day appts and do not give addy out until confirmed so short notice appts fine if I am free but that is due to my circumstances and works well for me plus short notice less likely to cancel

Can anyone wanting to respond to LOTM please do so via PM as her threads to posts ratio is getting extremely unbalanced again..................

LOTM has asked me if I will re-open this thread and so anyone else wants to comment can do so.

Up until yesterday most of my days ran smoothly with 9 out of 10 turning up for appointments.

Yesterday and today I have had a large amount of no shows and last minute cancellations.:mad:

The sad thing is there were guys who wanted an appointment who I turned down because my appointment book was full.

At this moment I am tempted to drop the appointment system, only for new clients. That does mean there is the possibility the gent will have a wait. However, had I implemented that system last night and today some guys who I said No to, would have got to see me.

Don't you have any regulars? If you don't then serving once only punters is fraught with problems if you run an appointment system.

Don't you have any regulars? If you don't then serving once only punters is fraught with problems if you run an appointment system.

Yes I have regulars. It was not regulars who let me down. They were all newbies. I have never been let down by a regular. However, have not been working that long so most customers at the moment are first timers.

If people are newbies and have booked in advance... then ask them at the time to confirm by a certain time. If they do not confirm then they loose their place.

If people are newbies and have booked in advance... then ask them at the time to confirm by a certain time. If they do not confirm then they loose their place.

How long in advance do you ask them to do that? Am going to have to start that. Its funny though, because I get some that book up a week or 2 in advance that turn up on the dot without having had contact.

How long in advance do you ask them to do that? Am going to have to start that. Its funny though, because I get some that book up a week or 2 in advance that turn up on the dot without having had contact.

That is because not all clients are messers, however you have to treat them all the same and ask for the confirmation. Maybe 24 hours before the appointment or if they book the day before... ask them for a text to confirm that morning.

We all have the odd client not show... there is not a lot you can do about it.. some people are just plain rude and if it happens more than once in a day or week then that is just writen off as a bad day... then next day will probably be better.

That is because not all clients are messers, however you have to treat them all the same and ask for the confirmation. Maybe 24 hours before the appointment or if they book the day before... ask them for a text to confirm that morning.

We all have the odd client not show... there is not a lot you can do about it.. some people are just plain rude and if it happens more than once in a day or week then that is just writen off as a bad day... then next day will probably be better.

Yeah its funny how all the messers come out on the same day. Maybe the football had a lot to do with it last night.

i know of a girl who changed her policy from appointments to first cum first serve (excuse the pun) and got a load of negative publicity and lost a lot of clients

i know of a girl who changed her policy from appointments to first cum first serve (excuse the pun) and got a load of negative publicity and lost a lot of clients

I agree it would be a total disaster if 3 turned up at once. In an ideal world they would turn up one by one with no more than a ten min wait upon arrival.

Another option is for those that you say "no, sorry full", ask if they are able to recieve a txt by a certain time in case of a cancellation. If I tried to book you and you said the above I'd make a plan B but I'd be prepared to cancel plan B if you gave me enough time.

Id get everyone to confirm by 9am the morning of the booking.

But be strict, if someone doesnt confirm the bookings out.

People expect professionalism from you, its not unfair to expect it from them

I do this even on the same day appts they have to call 1 hr before to confirm and only then do they get the address, also if some one wants that appt as I ask them to call after the confirmation time as I may be able to offer the appt if not confirmed

Works out well at times this but not always

As someone who remembers the good old days, before appointments became the norn, i would say appointments are the way to go, unless you are a soho walk up, doing 20 minute sessions. i recall many evenings being in the queue being shuffled around flats by a harassed maid, first the wait in the toilet, then the kitchen, then the spare bedroom. does nothing for the punters ego at all, especially the toilet leg. perservere, my dear, with the appointments.

Lol. I ended up accepting a midnight booking last night and an 8am booking this morning to make up for the ones I didn't get.Normally there is no way in a million years lol.

Sits here ready to go back to bed if the 8am doesn't show.

Asking to confirm an hour before seems common. It means, at least, you're not getting ready for nothing and have time to get a last minute booking in their place if you get a call.

From what I've observed, the early morning ones can be the least likely to show up.

Asking to confirm an hour before seems common. It means, at least, you're not getting ready for nothing and have time to get a last minute booking in their place if you get a call.

From what I've observed, the early morning ones can be the least likely to show up.

How right you are. My 8am has turned in to a 2pm lol

Well i run by appointments only but there have been a few that have called on same day and wanted to see me last min and if i can then i do:)

i would go with what you are happy with,i also make them call or text me on the morning of appointment to confirm:)

hazel xxx

As someone who remembers the good old days, before appointments became the norn, i would say appointments are the way to go, unless you are a soho walk up, doing 20 minute sessions. i recall many evenings being in the queue being shuffled around flats by a harassed maid, first the wait in the toilet, then the kitchen, then the spare bedroom. does nothing for the punters ego at all, especially the toilet leg. perservere, my dear, with the appointments.

What you describe still goes on in many East End brothels, better that I don't name them. :o

Indies MUST have an appointment system ------ however advance bookings should be confirmed on the day.

No shows are part and parcel of the business, get over it. :D

What you describe still goes on in many East End brothels, better that I don't name them. :o

Indies MUST have an appointment system ------ however advance bookings should be confirmed on the day.

No shows are part and parcel of the business, get over it. :D

I have got over it. Time has healed the wounds. As have the kind words of my fellow punternetees.

I think that it would seem to be sheer bad luck that you got a lot of clients let you down. I know that if I make an appointment then I keep it. But you must accept that there can always be genuine reasons that someone may not be able to keep an appointment. I can only speak for myself, but IF a situation cropped up that would prevent me turning up for a pre-booked appointment I would always ring, or text to explain and apologise.

Some chaps will book with a couple of different ladies, then decide on the day.

If you don't have an appointment system as an indie.... surely you severely limit business??

Look at it from punters view point: no opportunity to book in advance, no real idea of address, and no real idea whether you are likely to be free on the day. I really struggle to see how any indie could get any new business that way:- guy would have to be wandering about in nearby location on day itself, and have luck for you to be available for particular time they can make.

Come on... many (most??) punters have to do some pre-planning to free up time, get there, etc.

Of course... its an option for a lady with a stack of existing regulars. But for some one starting out surely its a non-starter. (Sympathy, of course, about people who make bookings but don't appear without giving prior warning. But surely, they are in a minority?? And the practice of requiring confirmation near the time... a good option I feel... surely greatly reduces danger of unexplained non-appearance)