Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balls of fire

Debt - Punting Beyond Your Means

38 posts in this topic

I read with some horror that over one third of all families will get themselves into debt over the Christmas period. As someone who has always been fortunate / sensible enough to budget carefully and live within my means, whatever they happened to be at the time, I find this statistic quiet frightening.

I know money is a sensatve subject but with credit still being relatively easy to obtain (no matter what they say) I wondered how many guys have actually got themselves into financial difficulty through punting and not knowing when to stop or at least when to reduce the punting to a level they could afford. As I say I know it is a sensative subject and not an easy thing for someone to admit so general comments would also be interesting to read.

Girls - If you became aware that a client was spending more than he could obviously afford would you say something or would you just think it wasn't your business to interfer?

The subject of Christmas and debt interests me so perhaps I will start another thread regarding that subject on the 'Off Topic' talk board.

Punting is not poor mans game as you probably know Balls of Fire. Most men who punts probably have enough excess income to keep this hobby :) going along during the festive season. Yes we probably will need reduce something to balance up the spreadsheet but i dont think money will be a problem for most punters (in my opinion). :)

If you're a realist then all punting, unless it is a very rare activity, is beyond the means of most of us. As entertainment by the hour it's the most expensive thing you can buy. Perfectly fair given the personal nature of what the providers supply, but true nonetheless. However, punting is part about enjoying women and part about relieving that sexual urge that can otherwise distract us from, among other things, earning money. Like many on here, I have a punting budget, in my case I allow for one girl every two weeks. Even so, the occasional surprise raging hard-on leads me to overspend when I desperately need someone to demolish the erection. At the height of the recession one of my then regulars gave me a 20% discount for a few months. This really helped me, and meant she still had some income from me rather than lose the trade altogether. I thought that was very kind of her and it kept me sane, too! Oh, and I sometimes award myself a 'Christmas present' of an extra punt.

As entertainment by the hour it's the most expensive thing you can buy.

I don't know about this. It's cheaper than racing a ferrari on one of them "experience days" (I typo'd that as "sexperience days" then. Obviously have something else on my mind).

Also cheaper than helicopter lessons, or hiring a solicitor (not that the last one is usually for "entertainment").

I'm just being pedantic really :P Sexual fun with a lady you fancy is indeed one of the most expensive things you can buy by the hour.

My guess is that the type of guy who gets hooked on punting is more likely to get hooked on gambling, drink, drugs etc. I think there is an "addiction" gene in some people.

Credit can be too easy and if you have this gene you need to get help as soon as possible. Nothing is worth ruining your family finances for.

I don't know about this. It's cheaper than racing a ferrari on one of them "experience days" (I typo'd that as "sexperience days" then. Obviously have something else on my mind).

Also cheaper than helicopter lessons, or hiring a solicitor (not that the last one is usually for "entertainment"). :P

Also cheaper,...............................................and alot more fun.................................................,than getting your drains unblocked,as I found out,one dark December day about 4years ago.............

I don't think getting into personal debt due to punting is common at all.

I'm trying to distinguish that from the man who thinks he's fallen in love with a WG who appears to love him back, and ends up spending all his hard-earned on presents for her. To me that's getting into debt due to a bad relationship, which happens in the standard world.

There are plenty of people in debt due to drug and gambling addictions ( Michael Chopra wtf! ). Also addicts of holidays, shopping and beauty products are out there getting into debt on cards, but you hardly ever see a case of a punting addict who loves the variety of girls he meets a little too much and ends up in the news due to his debts.

I don't know why this should be though, or maybe it's rose-tinted google spectacles at work which means I can't find them.

Edited by bongo

My guess is that the type of guy who gets hooked on punting is more likely to get hooked on gambling, drink, drugs etc. I think there is an "addiction" gene in some people.

Credit can be too easy and if you have this gene you need to get help as soon as possible. Nothing is worth ruining your family finances for.

I also gamble and have borrowed too much. I work long hours and never have any money. I also drink too much but thakfully I don't smoke or take drugs, but I am one of those people who likes to take risks and has a problem with self-control

Also cheaper than helicopter lessons, or hiring a solicitor (not that the last one is usually for "entertainment").

I'm just being pedantic really :P Sexual fun with a lady you fancy is indeed one of the most expensive things you can buy by the hour.

Isn't hiring a solicitor the same as hiring a wg because in both cases you hand over your cash and get screwed ?

Isn't hiring a solicitor the same as hiring a wg because in both cases you hand over your cash and get screwed ?

media]

Its something that could be studied, I have a hunch that the regular punter, is a plan and save sort of guy, in employment, like most hobbyists, and is more likely than the average guy, to have a surplus in the bank, stocks and shares etc. Its sex workers in my experience, who are financially incompetent, few do anything worthwhile with the cash.

Its something that could be studied, I have a hunch that the regular punter, is a plan and save sort of guy, in employment, like most hobbyists, and is more likely than the average guy, to have a surplus in the bank, stocks and shares etc. Its sex workers in my experience, who are financially incompetent, few do anything worthwhile with the cash.

My guess is that a large percentage of sex workers do not make provision for their futures....more so the young

girls who can dip in and out of the business .....only yesterday a client told me of one lady he knows

( he should not have said a word about it to me of course ) who earns X amount per week and yet is often

cashless! and yes the X was a very large sum.

Just as punting can be addictive to the man it can be addictive to the ladies and a big mistake is to assume that

regular nice income is always going to be there.

Edited by ADELE

At the moment, I try not to "punt" more than once a month. I find this means I can afford to keep the hobby up and so that the excitement doesn't fade. So a win-win.

I read with some horror that over one third of all families will get themselves into debt over the Christmas period. As someone who has always been fortunate / sensible enough to budget carefully and live within my means, whatever they happened to be at the time, I find this statistic quiet frightening. I know money is a sensatve subject but with credit still being relatively easy to obtain (no matter what they say) I wondered how many guys have actually got themselves into financial difficulty through punting and not knowing when to stop or at least when to reduce the punting to a level they could afford. As I say I know it is a sensative subject and not an easy thing for someone to admit so general comments would also be interesting to read. Girls - If you became aware that a client was spending more than he could obviously afford would you say something or would you just think it wasn't your business to interfer? The subject of Christmas and debt interests me so perhaps I will start another thread regarding that subject on the 'Off Topic' talk board.

When i was poor in my younger days i certainly spent more money on punting than i should have, and spent more than i could afford on many other things, drink and drugs mainly. I evolved and got smarter so learnt from my own experiences. I spend what i want nowadays. :)

Ooh that's very contensious Pooter. I guess working girls, like most professions, cover a wide cross section of society and no doubt there are girls, like some punters, who are not good with money. I have to say though that the ladies I now see are very smart cookies and I would be very surprised if they were not planning / saving very carefully for their future.

One reason that I left my lower priced agency is that a number of their clients racked up serious debt through punting and made bookings pretty miserable in the end. Low prices encouraged people who really didn't have the money to book more often than they could really afford. To make matters worse, the male agent played the "one of the guys" routine with clients to get them to spend, spend, spend. The clients took their frustrations out on me, so much so tht when I left the agency I raised prices to ensure that only people who could actually afford my services would book. Nowadays if I get a client who hints at money problem I tend to encourage him to wait a little while before seeing me again. This tends to keep me and them happy in the long run.

I met a Thai girl who told me her money was going home to buy land. She wanted to retire owning as much as Thailand as possible! Whether this was true or not, one never knows. But I hope so.

As for me, I would not get into difficulty over punting, if I cannot afford it, I don't.

I met a Thai girl who told me her money was going home to buy land. She wanted to retire owning as much as Thailand as possible! Whether this was true or not, one never knows. But I hope so.

As for me, I would not get into difficulty over punting, if I cannot afford it, I don't.

Foreign girls, whether european or thai, tend to have a more focussed and disciplined attitude to the the business, they make their money, buy property and leave, thats my impression any way.

I read with some horror that over one third of all families will get themselves into debt over the Christmas period. As someone who has always been fortunate / sensible enough to budget carefully and live within my means, whatever they happened to be at the time, I find this statistic quiet frightening.

I know money is a sensatve subject but with credit still being relatively easy to obtain (no matter what they say) I wondered how many guys have actually got themselves into financial difficulty through punting and not knowing when to stop or at least when to reduce the punting to a level they could afford. As I say I know it is a sensative subject and not an easy thing for someone to admit so general comments would also be interesting to read.

Girls - If you became aware that a client was spending more than he could obviously afford would you say something or would you just think it wasn't your business to interfer?

The subject of Christmas and debt interests me so perhaps I will start another thread regarding that subject on the 'Off Topic' talk board.

I know my fees are not cheap. Punting is a luxury acitivity and the fees - any girl's fee is a lot of money in anyone's terms. I'm fully aware of this.

As far as I know, none of my clients cannot afford to pay me, but I can recall a guy in the past who was a regular of the agency i worked for. He saw two - three girls per week, and that was just from our agency. I found out later from a friend that he used her agency also, so he was in it right up to the plums.

He was a bank manager and had to sell off some of his shares to fund his punting habit. He told me this. he said he was getting into debt and that was not allowed in his job.

The biggest problem he had was that he worked from home, so it was too easy for him to see us. My boss knew what he was like and sent him all the new ladies to try out. She would call him up and tell him about the new lady and he would say "oh go on then". He could not help it.

He asked me to tell her to stop calling him with the new ladies, but she didn't. She did give him a £20 discount though :(

This was a good few years ago, and I still think of him now and wonder if he is okay. When I went indie I stopped seeing him, but I doubt it would have made an inch of difference to his punting lifestyle.

You have to reach rock bottom before you can start to claw your way out of it I suppose. If I thought any client was in this beyond his means I would talk to him, but at the end of the day it's up to the individual to decide, and not ultimately my responsibility.

When it comes to money there are 3 kinds of people, savers, spenders, and debtors

Savers save, (obviouslytongue.png) if they earn £1000 a month, they spend £999, or less, and save the rest, either for that rainy day or for something planned, the only debts a saver will suffer by choice is a mortgage, maybe a car, and those "buy now, pay later" deals where the saver will make more in interest from keeping the money than simply buying the item outright. Any debt they do inccur will be paid off as quickly as possible.

Spenders spend (again, goes with the name) if they earn £1000 a month, they spend £1000, they don't willingly go into debt over the same mortgage/car of the saver, but with no Plan B if anything unexpected comes up they'll end up in debt, although in general they they will pay it off as fast as possible before returning to form.

Debtors are out of control spenders, if they earn £1000 a month, they spend that £1000 and then pull out the plastic, they only thing that will stop them is hitting their limits, and even then they'll only clear the minimum possible while still spending everything they can.

In any group of people you're going to find all three, me personally i'm the plan and save type, my essentials and savings are taken care of, and then my meetings form part of my discretionary spending, (one reason of many i aim for quality not quantity) but i don't doubt there are those gents who will pay for meetings out of their overdrafts/CCs.

On the other side I've met ladies who already have their own homes paid off and/or a fair chunk of change stashed in various methods for their future plans, I've met ladies who couldn't hold onto money to save their lives, one I remember while she would never borrow, a few weeks after taking a 4-figure sum in 2 days didn't have enough left to top up her electric meter, and I've read more than one blog of (in general younger) ladies who are broke and waiting on wither payday (or their next job) to pay off their card bill for their latest acquistion (usually a flashy pair of Loutoubins). funnily enough despite being some of the latter being otherwise very attractive, i have no desire to ever meet them, can't imagine why.

OK punting is expensive on a £ per hour basis, but people who smoke, eat out, booze etc probably spend a lot more.

I've got into debt through punting. I don't think it was a big deal though. Basically I'd use my over-draft to the tune of £800-1000 but constantly be there for months. The overdraft was very cheap (like £4 a month for being overdrawn!) so it's not 'debt' as people normally talk about. But looking back it was completely stupid. I was spending literally 60-70% of my income on it. I lived with my parents so money wasn't an issue but I could have used that money and put into savings. I remember posting about it at the time and getting a pretty hostile response which I found quite hilarious.

But I limit it now to a punt every other week. Although when I get a good regular, as I met one recently, I up that to a punt a week. I'd never get into debt over it but I do waste a lot of my income on it. But when I had a gf I ended up spending about £50-60 a week on going out. So at the level I punt they're both actually as expensive as each other so I don't think there's any negative impact on my finances.

I don't drink, smoke or even go out much so it's not a big issue. I could of course save more but what's money for is how I justify it. And besides I'm quite 'depressed' or 'lonely' and having a regular makes me feel better. I looked into seeing a shrink recently and the rates were the same. I know who I'd rather see!! Esp the nice ones, they end up being like shrinks with benefits <3

I cannot see how anyone on an average income can afford typical overnight rates. Most people I guess could afford a weekly £80 punt if they do not drink, smoke etc.

I have been tempted to book longer times with girls I particularly click with (particularly in the afterglow of a particularly good punt) and could see this becoming addictive and leading to debt but luckily common sense (and having other financial commitments) has always prevailed.

If I had started punting at a younger age with no ties I guess I could have got myself into trouble.

so he was in it right up to the plums.

He was a bank manager and had to sell off some of his shares to fund his punting habit.

I would hazard a guess that he had his sticky fingers in the till and the selling shares was to cover it up. He's probably inside by now, or at the very least unemployable due to the lack of a reference from the bank.

I've got into debt through punting. I don't think it was a big deal though. Basically I'd use my over-draft to the tune of £800-1000 but constantly be there for months. The overdraft was very cheap (like £4 a month for being overdrawn!) so it's not 'debt' as people normally talk about. But looking back it was completely stupid. I was spending literally 60-70% of my income on it. I lived with my parents so money wasn't an issue but I could have used that money and put into savings. I remember posting about it at the time and getting a pretty hostile response which I found quite hilarious. But I limit it now to a punt every other week. Although when I get a good regular, as I met one recently, I up that to a punt a week. I'd never get into debt over it but I do waste a lot of my income on it. But when I had a gf I ended up spending about £50-60 a week on going out. So at the level I punt they're both actually as expensive as each other so I don't think there's any negative impact on my finances. I don't drink, smoke or even go out much so it's not a big issue. I could of course save more but what's money for is how I justify it. And besides I'm quite 'depressed' or 'lonely' and having a regular makes me feel better. I looked into seeing a shrink recently and the rates were the same. I know who I'd rather see!! Esp the nice ones, they end up being like shrinks with benefits <3

Whereas i dont view good or better punts especially with regulars as a waste of my income, i view it as money very well spent. Only on bad punts which i fortunately havent had any of for a long time now do i view the money spent as wasted.