roger29b

Dundas Street Sauna, Edinburgh

57 posts in this topic

After 6 visits in the last 8 weeks, I think I can safely say that this establishment has well and truly become my preferred port of call, despite the fact that it involves a 3-hour 170 mile plus round trip from my home base on the West coast each time.

There is an earlier thread started by me but it died quite a while ago (http://www.punternet.com/forum/index.php/topic/1228-abacus-edinburgh/) so I think it's appropriate to start anew.

I have found Dundas Street to be a very friendly, homely, basic but clean place; the ladies are all attractive (at least two of them are stunners IMO) and they are local - no EE/Latino imports here. The pricing is very good value with no entry fee and £60 per hh, £80 per hr. Over and above that the quality of service provided by the ladies is exceptionally good. So why, on almost every occasion that I have visited, have there been so few other punters in evidence??

In my time (though not recently, I admit), I have gone on numerous occasions to London Street, Blair Street, Carol's and Scorpio and made single visits to some other Edinburgh parlours and flats but none of them have drawn me back the way this place and its ladies does. Glasgow based punters will perhaps understand if I say the atmosphere at Dundas Street reminds me of New Blythswood Sauna in its heyday, but with better looking ladies, beds rather than massage tables, and showers in the rooms.

With all the Glasgow parlours gone, it's a crying shame IMO that this place and its lovely ladies is not apparently being frequented more. At least two other experienced and discerning West-of-Scotland punters are now, like me, making regular trips to the capital purely to see the ladies of Dundas Street. Those ladies deserve more attention from the rest of you guys - we don't want THIS sort of business to start succumbing to the recession, do we??

What opinions do the rest of you hold about this place?

After 6 visits in the last 8 weeks, I think I can safely say that this establishment has well and truly become my preferred port of call, despite the fact that it involves a 3-hour 170 mile plus round trip from my home base on the West coast each time.

There is an earlier thread started by me but it died quite a while ago (http://www.punternet.com/forum/index.php/topic/1228-abacus-edinburgh/) so I think it's appropriate to start anew.

I have found Dundas Street to be a very friendly, homely, basic but clean place; the ladies are all attractive (at least two of them are stunners IMO) and they are local - no EE/Latino imports here. The pricing is very good value with no entry fee and £60 per hh, £80 per hr. Over and above that the quality of service provided by the ladies is exceptionally good. So why, on almost every occasion that I have visited, have there been so few other punters in evidence??

In my time (though not recently, I admit), I have gone on numerous occasions to London Street, Blair Street, Carol's and Scorpio and made single visits to some other Edinburgh parlours and flats but none of them have drawn me back the way this place and its ladies does. Glasgow based punters will perhaps understand if I say the atmosphere at Dundas Street reminds me of New Blythswood Sauna in its heyday, but with better looking ladies, beds rather than massage tables, and showers in the rooms.

With all the Glasgow parlours gone, it's a crying shame IMO that this place and its lovely ladies is not apparently being frequented more. At least two other experienced and discerning West-of-Scotland punters are now, like me, making regular trips to the capital purely to see the ladies of Dundas Street. Those ladies deserve more attention from the rest of you guys - we don't want THIS sort of business to start succumbing to the recession, do we??

Thanks for the info. I frequent the capital on 'normal' business but had never really considered visiting a sauna. Being a west coaster myself, I am wary of the legal position of these venues - I know that Glasgow City Council and Strathclyde's Finest take a very dim view. Is the situation in Edinburgh different?

Is the situation in Edinburgh different?

Yes, completely different! But just go back to the beginning a moment: one of the unfair points about punting here in Scotland, and in other parts of the United Kingdom (long may it remain united, BTW) is that while running a brothel is illegal, letting premises for use as a brothel ditto, provided the lady of your choice is on the game of her own free will, not coerced, and is working indoors, the punter does not commit any offence.

Hattie Harperson, and a Glasgow MSP whose name instantly escapes me, have tried to make it an offence to buy sex, but they haven't yet succeeded. The punter, who goes to a parlour or a flat, provided he doesn't go kerb-crawling or loitering with intent, commits no offence.

Suspect that I maybe one of the punters Tox referred to in his post and agree whole heartedly with it.

Have visited 3 times now and saw 3 diff girls, all of who I would see again and have had a good look at 2 more that I rate as absolute must see girls, so many more trips through there are def on the cards.

There's a great atmosphere in the place and they really go out thier way to make you feel welcome. I was there on wed night which was thier Christmas party and was as good a night as i've had in years. Was amazin fun and the girls were so friendly and constantly flirting and showing off, etc...

This is what punting is all about, good fun and a bit of sexual tension in the air. Bloody marvellous and let's make sure it continues.

Edited by nibbs1876

There is an earlier thread started by me but it died quite a while ago (http://www.punternet...acus-edinburgh/) so I think it's appropriate to start anew.

There is also a fairly recent thread, Toxical, called Edinburgh Parlours - hope I've done the link properly below, but you can find it by the name if the link doesn't work..(http://www.punternet...__1#entry338650)

That summarises the other saunas reasonably well, but I confess my own last post on it was mistaken, because it said that London Street was the only one that allowed 'Freeview' facilities, i.e. you could see the girls who were available before paying an entry fee. I made that post before my first visit to DDS. It also seems unique(? - to me, anyway) in not having a door fee, all money paid to the lady, and the prices are, as Tox says, exceptional value.

I also said in that post that I'd stoped visitng saunas long time since. So that's another thing I need to correct. Because I've been there quite a lot recently.

And although I've been a little more monogamous than Nibbs, that's not to say that I haven't been tempted to enjoy the company of several of the other ladies there on each occasion I've visited, because they are all incredibly friendly, and quite hapy to chat away to you on all the topics of the day as you wait for your appointment, even if you ain't necessarily planning a session with them. And if I was younger and fitter, who's to say that I wouldn't be returning after a decent interval for a second session with one of 'em as well :) !

For Parlour Connoisseurs, I'd have to concede that London Street still has (IMHO) the best facilities/rooms etc of the Edinburgh establishments (see the other thread for other views), but, like Tox, I have never come across a friendlier or more welcoming place, which is also blessed by exceptionally helpful doorstaff - although that term seems inadequate to describe the all-encompassing nature of what they do in running a tight ship!

So here's to all at DDS for 2012!

Thanks for info toxical I regularly travel to Edinburgh to visit a wg as i come from Glasgow area and do a 80 mile round trip as I believe the girl I go there to c is value for money but nowhere near value as sauna ! But since iv never visited a sauna I'm very wary as what to expect ie who do u pay and what the room is like ? So in answer to ur question maybe some of us are less experienced and unsure but totally agree that value for money DDS can't be beaten so maybe one for the new year ! Is there any girl u could recommend ?

Lol! Think it's pretty obvious who Tox and Fraser would be recommendin Tiger. :rolleyes:

Not a good idea to ask me either tho, generally if she works at D st, then I'd ...... ;)

Lol!  Think it's pretty obvious who Tox and Fraser would be recommendin Tiger. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to mention a specific name ... not yet anyway. For one thing, Dundas Street is on the no-reports list and no way do I want to fall out with their management ..... or with the Mods here ..... by saying too much. In any case, anyone who's interested only has to dig out my FB on the Purple Pages to find out who I've been seeing most recently.

While it is important to emphasise that the attractions of Dundas Street are not limited to MY little darling, what I WILL say about her is that she takes the concept of GFE to a whole new level.

If your ideal GF is a very, very pretty, slim 18 year-old who loves sex, who will appreciate everything you do for her pleasure but never expect or demand anything from you (other than the statutory and very reasonable payment), who will put you at your ease and with whom you can talk to about absolutely anything, then you should be following in my footsteps. To sum up, while you're with her you can actually believe she IS your girlfriend. She isn't really of course ..... SHE'S MINE!!!   :wub:

'Nuff said for now.

Edited by toxical

Bugger! Don't know what happened to that penultimate sentence!

Kinda lost its impact but if you're shortsighted PM me and I'll type it in BIG LETTERS for you!

:)

Bugger! Don't know what happened to that penultimate sentence!

Kinda lost its impact but if you're shortsighted PM me and I'll type it in BIG LETTERS for you!

:)

I think it had a very large impact Tox, Was as if you were whispering your words directly into my face at close range with the threat of a "Glasgow Kiss" if I didn't recognise she was "yours"

I think it had a very large impact Tox, Was as if you were whispering your words directly into my face at close range with the threat of a "Glasgow Kiss" if I didn't recognise she was "yours"

Errrmmm ..... wasn't entirely serious, actually ;)

Errrmmm ..... wasn't entirely serious, actually ;)

That's 'cos she actually MINE as well, ben, as my own feedback history with her will confirm, and correlate with Toxical's: we feel like a couple of opening batsmen in what we both hope will be a very long innings!

Can only concur with what tox has said above about this particular girl, who has made such an impression on me that i'd better stop, else I'd go on for page after page after page...

But I'd also reiterate/elaborate upon what I said above, which is that - for all that I have a particular fondness just now for one particular girl - there are many attractive choices/options to suit all tastes at this establishment, and an unbelievable pricing structure that makes me think I've been time-travelling back to the 1990s - except I ain't seen Dr Who or Amy Pond when i've been visitin, so I guess it must all be true...

Edited by fraser99

Thank you for all the advices on this thread. I'm usually a NewTown & Blair Street punter. I tried to find Dundas once, but it was dark ( 4pm in Dec in Ed is dark ) and didn't have the bottle to ring for final directions. Will certainly try harder next time . .

Every time, bar one, that I've been to Dundas St, it's been full of older women that are slightly overweight. I know some guys are into that, but not me. I've just left and gone elsewhere.

That's 'cos she actually MINE as well, ben, as my own feedback history with her will confirm, and correlate with Toxical's: we feel like a couple of opening batsmen in what we both hope will be a very long innings!

Jings Fraser, Two of you? One to hold and one to hit,,,, and with a bat??? :huh:

Yeh, From what i've heard there's lots of lovely girls to choose from :P

Every time, bar one, that I've been to Dundas St, it's been full of older women that are slightly overweight. I know some guys are into that, but not me. I've just left and gone elsewhere.

Fair enough if that's been your experience, but it's certainly not been mine. In the past few weeks i've been with two 18yo's size 6 and 8, and a size 8 girl in her late twenties who looked a lot youger. All the girls were local too, and at £80ph am more than happy to go there rather than anywhere else.

Well, if I had an experience like that, I wouldn't have gone back either so I can only assume you haven't been to Dundas St very often, and certainly not recently.

My experience, and that of my buddies, is precisely the opposite and I ...... we, I'm sure ...... will keep returning. If you don't, that's your loss.

Well, I'll happily give it another go and report back. The last time I turned up there was probably around Sept, maybe October.

Theres a 'Young Sexy Chloe', on the other site who works part-time at Dundas street - looks worth a visit!

She certainly is, but that's all am saying on the matter, lol!

Theres a 'Young Sexy Chloe', on the other site who works part-time at Dundas street - looks worth a visit!

That took long enough, didn't it?!?

That took long enough, didn't it?!?

Lol - well I'd read between the lines in another thread, just hadn't spotted that particular profile, which instantly brought back memories of another era.

Look forward to giving Dundas street a try, a street I thought I knew well but sometimes you can't see what staring you in the face!

I only visited Dundas St once, back in summer of 2009 and visited Alisha (who went indy under the name Alisha Licks). She had a fairly average body but a lovely face and a very sexy attitude about her, very flirty and appealing. The older lady on the desk was very friendly too. I didn't stick around, just in and out really but the place seemed clean and friendly though there were only two girls on and no other punters around. The room was very small too and with a shower in there, it got very, very hot. I mainly avoid it due to it's location really, the street is very busy and it's entrance very public. I generally stick to the more discrete Scorpio's and I'm a big fan of a couple of their girls and always see a few more I'd like to try everytime I go.

I HAVE to take issue with some of Scotsman's description above, based on his 2 1/2 year old memory!!!

My impression of the rooms at DS is that they are a little smaller than what I recollect of Blair St and Scorpio, similar in size to Carol's, but all have ensuite showers and at least one has a bath. "very small" is inaccurate.

As my recent visits have all been since October, I can't comment on the rooms getting "very, very hot" in summer but it's certainly not a problem this time of year. I find the accomodation very comfortable and practical.

As for the location being on a "very busy" street, I suppose it depends when you go. My visits have all been 5pm or later and therefore after dark at this time of year. I have never noticed the area to be "very busy" at this time and have had no difficulty finding a parking space within a 2-3 minute walk. The entrance is a small vestibule down a flight of stairs, not dissimilar to London Street and, unless you are well known in the area and in constant fear of being seen entering a sauna, less visible to passers-by than street-level entrances like Scorpio, Blair St , or Carol's (some punters have such paranoia about this!)

By the way, I so wish the posters who are hung-up on the word "discreet" would learn how to spell it!!!

As for the number of girls on, this IS a quieter establishment than LSS, BS or Scorpio so it is advisable to get to know the staff and to phone ahead and plan your visit for when your preferred lady/ies are available, something I used to do even when I used to frequent the other places. And why would "no other punters" be a problem?

Edited by toxical

As a Glasgow based punter who mourns the loss of Glasgow parlours/saunas I definitely plan to vist more Edinburgh establishments in 2012. Based on the recommendations of Toxical and Nibbs (who have never let me down) Dundas St will be top of my list.