Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
auntiatease

Replies to threads

9 posts in this topic

Why is it that some replies to a thread are posted half way through the thread??? this is very confusing, and i consider myself above average intelligence.

i consider myself above average intelligence.

Really? :o

Go to user CP: select "edit options", then thread display, then linear mode.

Why is it that some replies to a thread are posted half way through the thread??? this is very confusing, and i consider myself above average intelligence.

Outstanding, thanks very much!

What annoys me more than anything else when someone replies, is that they quote the whole message they're replying to (which sometimes can be quite long) and then give a one word or short sentence answer.

Why can't they snip and summarise the quoted message and just leave in the key facts?

What annoys me more than anything else when someone replies, is that they quote the whole message they're replying to (which sometimes can be quite long) and then give a one word or short sentence answer.

Why can't they snip and summarise the quoted message and just leave in the key facts?

cos people complain about being quoted out of context

The answer to you question Lewis is

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21250

What I mean are the people who quote (in full) someone else's post that could be quite long and then reply with a one or two word answer, when all they need do is to quote the bit that they agree / disagree with.

Simples!

It depends on which reply button you press. If you use the button at the top or bottom it adds to the end of the thread. If you hit the post reply button on a specific message (to the right of the Quote button) it will be posted under that message. The Quote button works the same way but includes the text of the message. (Hover you mouse over the button to get the hint on what the button does)